Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-02-2000, 02:06 AM   #1
ez
High School JV

Post in the event of a patch...

some ideas and observations:

why not advance the UI to the correct "tab" after each phase of the game? e.g., jump to "draft" after we "begin the draft", training camp after the draft, etc.

can we access the "scout recommendation" dialog directly from the draft screen? it's available now, but only through the trade dialog. (BTW, the "scout opponent" button while trading is very cool...)

when sorting defensive team stats, shouldn't the default order be ascending? is there a way to "fix" the league average at the top or bottom of the window as you scroll through the teams?

similar to the initial allocation draft, how about a couple options when your scout runs or finishes the college draft? he could focus on current team needs, player's potential, offense or defense, best available player, etc.

typos: we're told to "complete" for free agents and to "rememeber" to sign our own free agents ("rememeber" both during FA and after the draft).

saving exhibition stats would be a great addition, even if they're wiped prior to the regular season.

training camp: we can't see our current expertise levels during training camp, nor do we know the training amounts necessary to maintain our current expertise.

i'd still like a button that resets my game plans to the average league levels. even better would be an additional option to select any team's default game plan as your own.

it'd be nice if the attendance report broke out individual seating sections (sideline, endzone, etc.). these are reported in the game logs.

single game and playoff FG record?

that's it for now...

ez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2000, 08:51 AM   #2
rlfreeze
n00b

The game is great. It is everything one could have hoped for and more.

Two things that I would like to see are:
1. During contract negotiations, I would like that as you tab to each new year the value of the players suggested price would allow us to enter a new value without having to delete the value already present.

2. I would also like it if my players were included in the charts my scout gives during player recommendations. That way I could see where my scout places my players in his rankings of other players.

As always Jim, you have outdone yourself.
rlfreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2000, 10:00 AM   #3
CubsFan915
High School Varsity

Two words:

Franchise records.

Thank you.

Jim, despite some negatives with the UI, I like what I've seen so far!

------------------
GO HOKIES!! BEAT MIAMI!!!

Running the Richmond Confederates of the FOBL into the ground since 2001.
CubsFan915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2000, 11:14 AM   #4
TheRoyalOne

rlfreeze, During FA, your FA's are listed with the rest of the FA from other teams. If you don't see them in the top 20 listed, they're not considered in the top 20

If you're wanting your currently signed players listed with the FA's to judge rather or not you should upgrade, I just don't think that is feasible.
Old 11-02-2000, 11:41 AM   #5
rlfreeze
n00b

I didn't mean FA's. I am looking to see where my players stack up to the rest of the leagues active rosters. I understand stand I can sort of see this in the roster strength area, but I would like to see it on player rankings(ie, how does my WR match up to the other WR's).
rlfreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2000, 01:14 PM   #6
Grunion
Mascot

Jim,

Great game. I think feedback will be very favorable once everybody realizes the additional depth that the game has. I am still trying to digest all the ramifications of some of the new features (reserve playing time, coach & scout contracts, blitzing and double cover options, etc.)

One statistical error I have found so far is that yards after catch is either computed or displayed incorrectly in the game logs. I am aware that a negative yardage screen pass can make YAC greater than yards gained, but have run across situations where this was obviously not the case. (Luther Broughton had 1 catch for 10 yards and a TD, with 30 YAC: the game log confirmed the 10 yard TD catch.)
Old 11-03-2000, 07:32 AM   #7
Vaj
H.S. Freshman Team

Just before free agency, we get the same message that we won't be able to hire coaches or scouts, change ticket prices, etc. one free agency begins. With the introduction of the hiring stages for coaches and scouts, I suspect that this message should be updated.

"Christianity's such an odd religion. The whole image is that eternal suffering awaits anyone who questions God's infinite love" -- Bill Hicks
Vaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2000, 09:54 AM   #8
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
1. During contract negotiations, I would like that as you tab to each new year the value
of the players suggested price would allow us to enter a new value without having to
delete the value already present.

This sounds like a pissant problem to a non-player... but I currently am finding this the biggest annoyance in the new game.

Should be an easy target in the event of a patch... and shoudl be a high priority.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2000, 01:31 PM   #9
CubsFan915
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally posted by CubsFan915:
Two words:

Franchise records.

Thank you.

Jim, despite some negatives with the UI, I like what I've seen so far!

Let me backtrack a bit to say that the new UI is growing on me. The suggestions I'm seeing hear all sound like good ones to implement, but the UI is definitely growing on me...

------------------
GO HOKIES!! BEAT MIAMI!!!

Running the Richmond Confederates of the FOBL into the ground since 2001.
CubsFan915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2000, 12:54 AM   #10
ohmslaw
Mascot

Quote:
Originally posted by QuikSand:
This sounds like a pissant problem to a non-player... but I currently am finding this the biggest annoyance in the new game.

Should be an easy target in the event of a patch... and shoudl be a high priority.

Actually, I think the highest priorities should be fixing the plyer info screen so I can read the name of the player, fattening the scrollbar and increasing font size, defaulting the Super Bowl attendance to a sellout, and making skilled franchise players who are released more expensive to sign. I have no problem with pressing Shift-End and Delete to clear out the salary numbers
ohmslaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2000, 11:00 PM   #11
Hurst2112
College Starter

the tabbing to a year in the contract offer screen is really bugging me two. i dont know why. its really doesnt seem like a big issue, yet, i noticed the inability to zero out the contract offer right away. it just felt wierd to have to delete the old offer.

another thing would it be possible to add another series (6 teams) of expansion teams into the game? possibly extending into the first 100 years of the game. it would give you something to play for. i was thinking 1 more for each division? would this mean changing the code drastically? i would like to see more expansion to water down the talent level later in my career.

------------------
"attention all planets of the Solar Federation, we have assumed control...we have assumed control...we have assumed control
Hurst2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2000, 11:16 PM   #12
CarnDawg
Mascot

Cubsfan, I belive Jim said it would be impossible for him to add franchise records in the stats due to the way the game is written.

--------------
"During this campaign I have never said anything I've known to be untrue, nor have I said anything untrue." - Al Gore
Old 11-05-2000, 11:19 PM   #13
CarnDawg
Mascot

Though I would like to see more expansion, with it more spread out. An option to chose the avg length of time between expansion (even if it were just short, medium, and long or something like that) would be nice. It all happend to early in FOF2.