Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors
I can't wait to find out who wins.

Wanna bet on it?
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 06:37 PM   #302
Simms
FOBL Commish

Interesting read here: hxxp://potcommitted.blogspot.com/2006/08/jamie-gold-sued.html

She's a pretty well-respected (and connected) poker blogger, so I don't doubt what she says, but I haven't followed up on her links myself.

I'm not sure this will end well, though.

Last edited by Simms : 08-22-2006 at 06:37 PM.
Simms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 08:52 PM   #303
digamma
Torchbearer

Here's the Las Vegas Sun article on the lawsuit:

http://www.lasvegassun.com/sunbin/st...566635576.html
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 10:37 AM   #304
JS19
College Prospect

Is Helmuth not playing in the main even this year?
JS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 10:40 AM   #305
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS19

you do realize the coverage is taped
Old 08-30-2006, 10:42 AM   #306
JS19
College Prospect

[quote=rkmsuf]you do realize the coverage is taped[/quo

Not sure I see where you are coming from here. I understand it's taped, but I figured they would have mentioned him by now or showed some of his footage.
JS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 10:49 AM   #307
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf
you do realize the coverage is taped

Not sure I see where you are coming from here. I understand it's taped, but I figured they would have mentioned him by now or showed some of his footage.

They showed his entire main event experience (which was short) last week. Overall, I think he had a pretty good WSoP, winning his 10th bracelet.

I think the point is that if you were curious about whether or not he played, you could have simply looked it up.

Last edited by Samdari : 08-30-2006 at 10:53 AM.
Samdari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 10:51 AM   #308
rkmsuf
Head Coach

[quote=JS19]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf
you do realize the coverage is taped[/quo

The correct form of your query should have been:

"Did Helmuth play in the Main Event this year?"

Thank you.
Old 08-30-2006, 11:10 AM   #309
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Quote:
I suppose that point could be up to interpretation. Do you mean was he entered in the ME? Did he actually play in the ME? Did he play much in the ME?
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 11:20 AM   #310
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:

I'll take another stab at this.

The "day one" coverage for the main event this year is broken into four pieces, as was the first day of play for the 8,000+ entrants. So, there is an hour of ESPN coverage focusing on "day one" for each of the four groups.

If you watched just one episode, it might not have been clear that you were really only seeing a fourth of the field on their first day, and not seeing any mention of the remaining players. If you were really looking for Hellmuth, and were watching an episode other than the second (I think) you missed his day one, where he was indeed at the ESPN featured table and got quite a lot of camera time.

Hope that helps.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 11:43 AM   #311
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Police search house of local poker winner

Web Posted: 08/30/2006 12:39 AM CDT

Lomi Kriel
Express-News Staff

San Antonio police Tuesday night searched a home owned by Richard Lee, the recent winner of nearly $3 million at the World Series of Poker, for evidence of an extensive illegal Internet gambling operation.
"This operation is the largest here in San Antonio," said police spokesman Joe Rios, who confirmed the search warrant was served on a Shavano Park home in the 100 block of Geddington Street.

According to Bexar County Appraisal District tax records, the home belongs to a Richard Lee, who TV reports and a police source said is the same Richard Lee that placed sixth at the World Series of Poker three weeks ago.

Police have investigated the home for months, Rios said, before procuring enough evidence to secure the search warrant.

Inside the home, they found dozens of receipts for deposits on payouts from gambling proceeds, Rios said.

"We're talking payouts well over $500,000," he said. "It was a pretty well-oiled machine they were running out here."

Although one of several houses searched, Rios called the home owned by Lee the "brains or the nerve center of the operation."

A money-counting machine; five Lexus cars, including two sports utility vehicles and three sedans; multiple plasma-screen TVs; and a large amount of cash were seized, he said.

No one was arrested, Rios said, "although now that we have found the evidence, we can move forward."

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/met...t.36e0fb0.html
Old 08-30-2006, 12:14 PM   #312
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Is Richard Lee the 2+2 guy?
Old 09-01-2006, 03:11 PM   #313
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Ouch. Sounds like Doyle got screwed.. Got this email from Bodog who had an article about the dealers debacle this year.

Poker legend Doyle Brunson was thrown a major curve ball when a dealer mistakenly took $5,000 in chips from him. Brunson’s opponent went all-in and Brunson called with the larger of the two stacks. His opponent won the hand but after the dealer had collected most of Brunson’s chips it was realized he had taken $5,000 too much. A tournament director was called but the table play wasn't videotaped, so it was ruled that the chips could not be returned to Brunson. It was early in the tournament and $5,000 was a critical loss. Brunson discussed the incident with Bodog Nation and said it caused him to go on tilt and bust out soon after.