Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-01-2003, 05:53 AM   #51
Malificent
High School JV

The President doesn't have a morals clause in his contract...

Malificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 06:07 AM   #52
Taur
High School Varsity

I read this Entire thread and was very surprised to see that not a single person mentioned the fact that he was drinking with underage students. I wonder how many parents are looking at their teenage daughter with a beer in her hand rubbing up against this old man.
----Bang-Bang goes the father

BTW--A frat party would be held at the Frat house that would be on campus.
Old 05-01-2003, 06:20 AM   #53
Tekneek
Pro Rookie

The President doesn't really have a contract, either, does he?

"Morals clause" = if we decide we don't like you, we can get rid of you.

Judging by the kind of brew that was served, I don't think the old man was buying.

Oh well. Having double standards can be fun. I know I've seen worse in my time, involving people that are still employed by the same institutions 10 years later. Have fun, Iowa State, with your morality dog and pony show.
Tekneek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 07:19 AM   #54
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
Ah yes, coach got em fucked up for the first time. He got their nipples pierced and gave em a tattoo as well. Hell, we may even see em on GGW now.
Old 05-01-2003, 07:24 AM   #55
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
Why are 18 - 20 year olds considered "kids" if they go to college and men or women if they don't?
Old 05-01-2003, 08:12 AM   #56
Cards4ever
College Benchwarmer

Look, I'm not here to discuss Clinton(didn't vote for him, didn't like him, if you must know), start a new thread if you want to do that, I'm here to discuss what a knucklehead Eustachy is. Talk about a dog and pony show, he gets wind of what the recommendation is going to be, and all of a sudden, he plays the "I'm going into treatment" card. Isn't that funny? He doesn't realize he has a a problem with alcohol until he's about to lose his job, that's a joke.
Old 05-01-2003, 08:15 AM   #57
Tekneek
Pro Rookie

It happens all the time. His wife played the "stand by her man" card just like Hillary did, though.

Sure, the guy is a fool. I just don't understand why even worse behavior is often accepted by society. If this guy was a hottie and every woman who saw him secretly thought about doing him then this would be a very different story.

Last edited by Tekneek : 05-01-2003 at 08:17 AM.
Old 05-01-2003, 08:34 AM   #58
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I think I'm going to use that excuse at work.

"You can't fire me, I'm an alcoholic!"

It's not a matter of accepting or not accepting this type of behavior, it's a matter of he's in the limelight becuase of his position in society. He choose his profession and knows you can't do this kind of sheet.

Oh well, the AD is calling for his firing and his lawyers say they can't fire him under the people with disabilities act. What a country!

Todd
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2003, 07:41 AM   #59
Tekneek
Pro Rookie

http://www.enquirer.com/editions/2003/05/03/spt_wwwspthoop1c3.html

Looks like other coaches are starting to say some things in support of keeping Eustachy aboard. This is what I was looking for.
Old 05-03-2003, 08:13 AM   #60
Easy Mac

So, what have we learned so far from the Mike Price/Larry Eustachy deals:

If you're going to get drunk and act stupid around young women... make sure they're naked and you sleep with them, you have a better chance of keeping your job.

I swear, all they talk about on the radio is how horrible Eustachy is, but they keep forgiving/making excuses for Price. Since when did a peck on the cheek become worse than sex? At least Eustachy didn't buy the alcohol with the company card. But, I live in football country, so maybe that makes it better.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2003, 08:46 AM   #61
Cards4ever
College Benchwarmer

Continue to live in fantasy land Tekneek, it doesn't really matter. I suspect that he will be fired, not that I was looking for that. Do you really think that some of the coaches are not going to use those incidents against him in the recruiting game?
Old 05-03-2003, 09:32 AM   #62
Taur
High School Varsity

There is a huge difference between getting drunk at a bar/strip-joint and getting drunk on school grounds with a bunch of teenagers.

Last time I check most Frat houses were located on school property and you did not have to be 21 to walk through the door!

21 means 21
Old 05-03-2003, 12:45 PM   #63
tucker342
Pro Starter

exactly! BIG difference
tucker342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2003, 03:52 PM   #64
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by Taur
There is a huge difference between getting drunk at a bar/strip-joint and getting drunk on school grounds with a bunch of teenagers.

Last time I check most Frat houses were located on school property and you did not have to be 21 to walk through the door!

21 means 21

Nicely said.

Todd
Old 05-03-2003, 08:12 PM   #65
tucker342
Pro Starter

It's not looking good for Eustachy...

There is no coach I HATE more than Eustachy. I wish they were playing in Iowa City next year...
Old 05-04-2003, 04:21 PM   #66
Tekneek
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Cards4ever
Continue to live in fantasy land Tekneek, it doesn't really matter. I suspect that he will be fired, not that I was looking for that. Do you really think that some of the coaches are not going to use those incidents against him in the recruiting game?

Oh, he probably will get fired, because people have a hard time getting over their self-righteousness about it. As I said before, it is *all* a show, put on for the supporters/alumni, many of whom have done bad things themselves throughout their lives but like to pretend they are squeaky clean and demand everyone else maintain that very same facade.
Old 05-04-2003, 06:41 PM   #67
Cards4ever
College Benchwarmer

How stoned are you?????

What part of representing the University don't you understand? Telling people his team sucks? Acting like a ass in public? These guys get paid well to do a job, and in reality, there is no off time, that is their life.

If he wanted to do what he has been doing, he could have been a manager at McDonalds and lived that same lifestyle. Hell, he probably would have done pretty good until he got some 16yo fry cook pregnant.
Old 05-04-2003, 08:17 PM   #68
tucker342
Pro Starter

Cards4ever,
I completely agree.

Also, if he wants to get drunk, he can do it at a bar... BUT NOT AT A GODDAMN FRAT PARTY!!!
Old 05-04-2003, 09:57 PM   #69
Tekneek
Pro Rookie

So, if he was at a bar getting drunk, hugging girls and kissing their cheeks, it would be alright with you guys? Just checking.

So, it isn't what he did, it is just where he did it that really gets him fired in your eyes?

Unlike you guys, I don't believe everything "Sean Devereaux" claims to have seen and heard. We don't know what his record is. We don't know what axe he may have to grind. We don't know what criminal record he may have in his past, that may indicate whether he is a good and honest person or not. The pictures say Eustachy was there, drinking beer, hugging and kissing girls, but there are no photos of the alleged derogatory remarks about his team. From what I have found, Sean Devereaux is the only person claiming such statements were made. Have you guys found reports of other identified sources telling the same story?
Old 05-05-2003, 07:53 AM   #70
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

How can he not be fired after this picture was made public?

Old 05-05-2003, 07:54 AM   #71
Cards4ever
College Benchwarmer

The story of hittting on college women seems to have shown up more than once, so, I would say he hung himself. The only thing that could have saved him, is if he had put himself in treatment the day after the season ended. He knows he fucked up, why else would he try to get himself in treatment when he hears he is going to be fired?

As far as if he had been doing it in a public bar, if he got drunk, I wouldn't have a problem with that as long as he got drunk and didn't make a ass out of himself.

I'm sure there's alot more that he has done that we haven't even heard about.

When you accept a job in that kind of world, what do you expect will happen? You get paid big bucks to not do the stuff he was doing.
Old 05-05-2003, 08:28 AM   #72
Easy Mac

Quote:
Originally posted by Taur

21 means 21

Actually, most schools I've been to, Frats are just off school ground, because more and more schools are instituting dry campuses.

I really don't see the difference b/t bars/strip joints and frat houses:

age to attend:
frats: 18
bars/strip joints: 18 to get in

age to drink:
frats: 21 (they are supposed to stamp your hand and not give you alcohol if under that age, its up to them to enforce it)

bar/strip joints: 21 (also not enforced all the time, been to both when 18 and gotten drinks at both with no problem)

girls giving lap dances:
frats: The ones I've been to, yes (some naked, some have given blow jobs in public)

bar/strip joints: strip joints yes; bars, depends on the bar.

And one final question:
Which is worse in your opinion:
Your wife goes to a frat party. She drinks, and gives guys kisses on the cheek. She leaves around 4, but nothing more than that happens.

Your wife goes to bars and strip clubs. She drinks, watches people strip. Leaves the hotel in the morning, and a man rings up $1000 from her room on the bill that morning.

I'd think that #2 is a little worse than #1, and probably grounds for getting fired from a job if it becomes public, especially if payment was made with a company card (which some reports say)
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 08:31 AM   #73
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
When you accept a job in that kind of world, what do you expect will happen? You get paid big bucks to not do the stuff he was doing.

Amen.

Todd
Old 05-05-2003, 10:15 AM   #74
Tekneek
Pro Rookie

He gets paid big bucks to run a basketball program. If they were handing out big contracts just to not go out and booze it up with frat kids, I'd be able to land the job because I've never boozed it up at a frat party in my life.
Old 05-05-2003, 10:34 AM   #75
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by Tekneek
He gets paid big bucks to run a basketball program. If they were handing out big contracts just to not go out and booze it up with frat kids, I'd be able to land the job because I've never boozed it up at a frat party in my life.

You need to meet both criteria. If you can coach a Big 12 basketball team, by all means apply for the job. I have a feeling "The Big E" is getting the boot.

Todd
Old 05-05-2003, 10:50 AM   #76
Cards4ever
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

Why so bitter? Are you in love with Eustachy? What you just posted is the most insane thing in this thread. He gets paid to run a program and represent the university. What is so hard to understand about all of that?
Old 05-05-2003, 11:54 AM   #77
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Considering something so simple to understand can take up to two pages, I think he just might be Eustachy. Coach?

Todd
Old 05-05-2003, 01:43 PM   #78
Tekneek
Pro Rookie

Who said I was bitter? You? What is the criteria for that? I'm not bitter about any of it. I never even knew who the guy was, and I will soon forget who he is.
Old 05-05-2003, 01:47 PM   #79
Tekneek
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by MizzouRah
Considering something so simple to understand can take up to two pages, I think he just might be Eustachy. Coach?

Todd

I am guessing stand up comedy isn't your primary way of life?
Old 05-05-2003, 01:57 PM   #80
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I am guessing stand up comedy isn't your primary way of life?

Good guess! Maybe psychic is your line of work?

Todd
Old 05-06-2003, 12:30 AM   #81
Tekneek
Pro Rookie

No, it was pretty obvious.
Old 05-06-2003, 08:20 AM   #82
Cards4ever
College Benchwarmer

No, I think his line of work is a Budweiser rep, and he wants Larry to do appearances for him on college campuses, well, that's shot to hell now!
Old 05-06-2003, 10:43 AM   #83
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
No, I think his line of work is a Budweiser rep, and he wants Larry to do appearances for him on college campuses, well, that's shot to hell now!

I wonder if he gets free cases at the end of the week?

Todd
Old 05-06-2003, 11:09 AM   #84
Cards4ever
College Benchwarmer

I just want his Cardinal tickets!
Old 05-06-2003, 11:37 AM   #85
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I just want his Cardinal tickets!

If I find out he gave you tickets, I'm going to be pissed!

Todd
Old 05-06-2003, 11:46 AM   #86
Cards4ever
College Benchwarmer

Larry aka Tekneek, can I have your Cardinal tickets? You're not really going to rehab now that you got your payoff, are you?!
Old 05-06-2003, 02:14 PM   #87
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Hell no he's not. Now he can goto all the frat parties he wants to, this time, however, he's bringing Budweiser.

What section are those tickets in, btw?

Todd
Old 05-06-2003, 04:28 PM   #88
Tekneek
Pro Rookie

Funny stuff.
Old 05-06-2003, 09:31 PM   #89
tucker342
Pro Starter

Eustachy resigns
Old 05-07-2003, 07:59 AM   #90
Cards4ever
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Funny stuff.

You're right, sorry about piling on.
Old 05-07-2003, 10:55 AM   #91
Taur
High School Varsity

Now that Eustachy has resigned and no longer has to worry about his job I bet he no longer needs treatment either. Too bad the school couldn't of tied his settlement package into paying him after he came out of a 90 day treatment center.
Old 05-07-2003, 03:14 PM   #92
Cards4ever
College Benchwarmer

I believe that is why he got to keep his benefits for a year, so he could go to treatment.