Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-05-2003, 11:02 AM   #1
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Grease 3 in the Works

LOS ANGELES, California (Hollywood Reporter) -- Hoping "Grease" lightning can strike a third time, Paramount Pictures is drawing up plans for "Grease 3," a continuation of the hit musical franchise.

The plan is to set the new project in the late-'70s, feature plenty of disco music and have the story evolve around the children of the original characters. John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John, stars of the 1978 original, have already been given a heads-up that their services will be sought once a script is completed. A search for writers is underway.

Didi Conn, who played Frenchie, is serving as an executive producer. She is said to have been instrumental in generating the studio's current enthusiasm for putting together a new installment of the film.

At the studio's DVD release party for "Grease" in the fall, sources said Conn approached Paramount chief Sherry Lansing after Travolta and Newton-John wowed partygoers with the musical number "You're The One That I Want."

The original "Grease" spawned a sequel four years later, "Grease 2." Its failure was ascribed by some observers to the introduction of a new cast of characters, headed by Maxwell Caulfield and Michelle Pfeiffer.

In developing "Grease 3," the producers hope to avoid that problem by bringing back the old gang from the first installment while also introducing new characters.

Hmm. I thought the failure of Grease 2 was solely attributable to the inclusion of Adrian Zmed.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 11:16 AM   #2
Butter
Coordinator

Re: Grease 3 in the Works

Quote:
Originally posted by Ksyrup
Didi Conn, who played Frenchie, is serving as an executive producer. She is said to have been instrumental in generating the studio's current enthusiasm for putting together a new installment of the film.

I guess she has a lot of time on her hands, what with that whole "Shining Time Station" franchise falling through.

I hated the first 2, so this one will be cause to seek out the master film and burn it.
Old 05-05-2003, 11:18 AM   #3
clintl
College Starter

It would be more interesting if the kids were punk rockers.
clintl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 11:22 AM   #4
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Yeah, I think they missed the "disco is cool" thing from about 5-7 year ago. At this point, they should make it a tribute to the Cars and Devo.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 11:23 AM   #5
John Galt
Pro Starter

Yes Alex, I'll take "Worst Ideas Ever" for $800.
Old 05-05-2003, 11:26 AM   #6
Calis
College Starter

Man, I never even knew there was a sequel.
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 11:49 AM   #7
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally posted by Calis

You're not the only one. People stayed away by the millions.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 01:53 PM   #8
moriarty
College Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Calis

It's actually pretty hillarious (in an unintentional way of course). It's amazing Michelle Pfizer ever recovered from this.

The songs are so stupid, you can't help but laugh at the stupidity of the writers. Definitely worth watching for a good laugh for about 15minutes or so, if you happen to catch it on while flipping through the channels.
moriarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 01:57 PM   #9
Franklinnoble
Banned

I think John Travolta should have just left his career where Quentin Tarantino found it after "Look Who's Talking 3." Can't this guy just get lost in a Scientology commune someplace?
Franklinnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 11:33 PM   #10
tucker342
Pro Starter

nooooo, please no more, this is worse then Stalone making another Rocky movie(which I heard they are...)
tucker342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 10:54 AM   #11
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

can't we just link this to the worst movies thread?
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 11:13 AM   #12
primelord
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by tucker342
nooooo, please no more, this is worse then Stalone making another Rocky movie(which I heard they are...)

I'm not certain anything is worse than that.
primelord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 11:34 AM   #13
Franklinnoble
Banned

Quote:

Personally, I think Stallone should have starred in "Undisputed" rather than Snipes... you know, Rocky goes to prison... has to fight off hordes of guys trying to make him their bitch... the ranks of which include Clubber Lang and Tommy Gunn (both coincidentally imprisoned for impersonating professional athletes)... then boxes his way to freedom by defeating the Russian penitentiary champion Ivan Drago in a siberian gulag...

Last edited by Franklinnoble : 05-06-2003 at 11:34 AM.
Franklinnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 02:45 PM   #14
moriarty
College Starter

Quote:

Yeah, I read the plot is that Rocky is frozen and revived 2000 years in the future to fight that creature from Aliens. Apparently in the first go around, Rocky gets burnt pretty bad by the acid spit of the Alien. Then he goes off and trains in the remote, rugged terrain of Pluto only to return and defeat the monster via superb conditioning and the underused rope-a-dope technique.

Well, that's the word at least according to my source.
moriarty is offline   Reply With Quote