Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-23-2006, 04:33 PM   #1
Kodos
Resident Alien

Talking Fun with Bears fans

My friend who is a big Bears fan and I were e-mailing about the upcoming season, and he mentioned how it was nice having Griese to backup the injury-prone Grossman at QB. Which lead to my replying with this:

Griese: "Hut, hu---SNAP!"
Brown: "I thought the snap was on 4?"
Kreutz: "I haven't snapped the ball yet."
Griese: "My femur!"

I love the Bears!

Kodos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 10:58 AM   #2
Esquared1
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos
My friend who is a big Bears fan and I were e-mailing about the upcoming season, and he mentioned how it was nice having Griese to backup the injury-prone Grossman at QB. Which lead to my replying with this:

Griese: "Hut, hu---SNAP!"
Brown: "I thought the snap was on 4?"
Kreutz: "I haven't snapped the ball yet."
Griese: "My femur!"

I love the Bears!

This is a good time to pimp my friend's blog www.beachwoodreporter.com. Among the Chicago news, there are other stuff like the Chicago Minor League report (Which I write. ) Anyhow, there will be a football column in which there will be a "Blue and Orange Kool-Aid Update", where I will update how much of the Kool-Aid Bear fans are drinking.

I'm prepared to write it's at 85%, since my friend believes they will go 13-3. At first, he thought 16-0, until he finally conceded that they will mail in a loss vs. the Lions in week 16, and lose to the Vikings and Patriots. I spent 5 minutes convincing him that there is no way they will beat the Seahawks, given the Panthers crushed the Bears, and turned around and got crushed by the Seahawks.

Logic is in short supply with the Bear fan.
Esquared1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 11:33 AM   #3
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esquared1
This is a good time to pimp my friend's blog www.beachwoodreporter.com. Among the Chicago news, there are other stuff like the Chicago Minor League report (Which I write. ) Anyhow, there will be a football column in which there will be a "Blue and Orange Kool-Aid Update", where I will update how much of the Kool-Aid Bear fans are drinking.

I'm prepared to write it's at 85%, since my friend believes they will go 13-3. At first, he thought 16-0, until he finally conceded that they will mail in a loss vs. the Lions in week 16, and lose to the Vikings and Patriots. I spent 5 minutes convincing him that there is no way they will beat the Seahawks, given the Panthers crushed the Bears, and turned around and got crushed by the Seahawks.

Logic is in short supply with the Bear fan.

First off, that kind of logic never means anything. Also, the Bears beat the Panthers in the regular season. Anyway, they won't go 13-3 and because they're just not that good of a team -- just good enough for a fluke season every now and then.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 11:48 AM   #4
st.cronin
General Manager

6-10

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 05:17 PM   #5
Esquared1
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
6-10

I have them at 9-7. Their schedule is pretty easy in some places. If I recall, you are Packers fan. . . I have the Bears beating them twice.
Old 06-24-2006, 05:21 PM   #6
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia
First off, that kind of logic never means anything. Also, the Bears beat the Panthers in the regular season. Anyway, they won't go 13-3 and because they're just not that good of a team -- just good enough for a fluke season every now and then.

Not to mention their whole "we have all our starters returning" bullshit has since crashed down on their heads, with Briggs, Vasher, and Jones all skipping workouts.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 05:27 PM   #7
rjolley
College Starter

I can see them going 9-7 or 10-6. They have a couple of questions, though. How will Briggs and Vasher perform, is Benson ready, and will the QB of the day be ready to play well enough to allow the defense to control the game?

The defense willbe where it was last year, but the key is ball control with Grossman/Griese/Orton and Benson/Jones. If they can control the ball, I think 11 or 12 wins is possible. If not, 8 or 9.

Last edited by rjolley : 06-24-2006 at 05:27 PM.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 05:44 PM   #8
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esquared1
I have them at 9-7. Their schedule is pretty easy in some places. If I recall, you are Packers fan. . . I have the Bears beating them twice.

Actually, I'm a Patriots fan, but I spent about 5 years living in Cheeseland.

knives out
Old 06-24-2006, 05:48 PM   #9
st.cronin
General Manager

dola

How the heck do you not realize I'm a Patriots fan? Every other post I make contains the words "Tom Brady." Maybe I need to talk about Tom Brady more.

TomBradyTomBradyTomBradyTomBradyTomBradyTomBradyTomBrady

knives out
Old 06-24-2006, 11:13 PM   #10
Esquared1
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
dola

How the heck do you not realize I'm a Patriots fan? Every other post I make contains the words "Tom Brady." Maybe I need to talk about Tom Brady more.

TomBradyTomBradyTomBradyTomBradyTomBradyTomBradyTomBrady

My bad, since my work blocks this site, I don't lurk as much as I used to. Occationally, I pop up and disappear for a year or two.

Anyhow, if I posted more often, I would mention that my dad is also a huge Pats fan, and finally, he is not mentioning it, since I'm a huge Steeler fan. So allow me to say: TomBradystinksSteelersRuleTomBradystinksSteelersRuleTomBradystinksSteelersRuleTomBradystinksSteelersRuleTomBradystinksSteelersRuleTomBradystinksSteelersRuleTomBradystinksSteelersRuleTomBradystinksSteelersRuleTomBradystinksSteelersRuleTomBradystinksSteelersRuleTomBradystinksSteelersRule

Old 06-24-2006, 11:39 PM   #11
WVUFAN
College Starter

Tom Brady > The fractured face of Big Ben

WVUFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 11:50 PM   #12
Esquared1
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUFAN
Tom Brady > The fractured face of Big Ben

Yes, I opened myself up for that one.
Old 06-25-2006, 09:29 AM   #13
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

This thread delivers.

Seriously, though, the Bears play in the NFC North. That's 6 wins right there. Just pick up another 4 and they have a 10-6 season. I can see it.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote