Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-30-2003, 10:23 AM   #1
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Taxing My Weed and My Lap Dances

This is an excerpt from an article on the Missouri budget fight. These two taxes are from a Republican proposal that also includes a number of other fees and taxes.

Quote:
Generating $6 million by imposing a tax on marijuana and other illegal drugs.

This is only supposed to apply to confiscated drugs. My question is can you tax items that you are confiscating? That would really suck to be in jail for drug possesion and then get a tax bill on top of it.

and

Quote:
Generat[e} $5 million by imposing a 5 percent tax on adult entertainment. The tax would apply to sales of sexually explicit material and services, such as live nude performances and actual or simulated sex acts.

The adult entertainment tax would effect "fees for bestiality, masturbation and sadistic or masochistic abuse." Does that mean beastiality is legal in MO? Can you legally get maturbation services in MO? I can just see the guy coming in to pay his taxes.

"Well I let guys screw my lamb while other guys get hand-jobs from my biatches. What's five percent of 25 dollars?"

JPhillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2003, 10:26 AM   #2
Easy Mac

I videotape my sex with my woman... would i have to pay the tax.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2003, 10:45 AM   #3
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
Quote:
Originally posted by Easy Mac
I videotape my sex with my woman... would i have to pay the tax.

only once every 4 years
Old 04-30-2003, 12:03 PM   #4
ScottVib
High School Varsity

Re: Taxing My Weed and My Lap Dances

Quote:
Originally posted by JPhillips
This is only supposed to apply to confiscated drugs. My question is can you tax items that you are confiscating? That would really suck to be in jail for drug possesion and then get a tax bill on top of it.

The state of Connecticut (among others) already taxes illegal narcotics (and just about everything else they can think of). It gives them a vehicle to legally seize and use the assets of drug traffickers as unpaid taxes. The revenue that article quotes is probably the extra amount of cash and assets that they can take from drug traffickers (in addition to the cash found on hand during the bust, which is taken as evidence).

To legally comply with the law you have to go to the tax office and pay for X amount of stamps to correspond with the amount of narcotics you have. You are then given the stamps (similar to the tax stamps on the bottom of cigarette packs) and an anonymous receipt. You are not required to give your name, to avoid violating your constitutional right to not testify against yourself.

Last edited by ScottVib : 04-30-2003 at 12:09 PM.
ScottVib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2003, 12:13 PM   #5
QuikSand
lolzcat

Taxes on Controlled Dangerous Substances provides another avenue for prosecution as well, if you find people with possession of said substances.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote