Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-15-2006, 03:27 AM   #1
michael1123
n00b

"Unable to load past season data file" error

I loaded up my game today and when I clicked on the view statistics tab of any players bio page, I got an error saying "unable to load past season data file". I then have to click ok and get 7 more of these errors before it stops, and then just shows the stats from my current season. I assume the reason I get 8 error messages is because its trying to load up each past season of the player indivudually, as I'm in the 8th season of my career.

Last time I played I deleted a lot of extra saves I had of the same or similar names, keeping two saves, but I'm pretty sure I didn't check "delete past box scores and game logs". One is my current game during the playoffs and the other is from the past draft. The one during the draft allows me to view past stats without any error.

I did to a quick sim forward and it doesn't seem like its going to be a game ending error. But the loss of previous season stats is annoying, and will probably at the very least screw up Hall of Fame selection. I'd also prefer not to have to replay my last season.

Is there any way I can fix this? What would be ideal is if it were possible for me to take the previous season stats from my save during the draft and stick them into my current save, but I have no idea how to do that as I can't even find where the save games are located on the hard drive.

michael1123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 04:02 AM   #2
fantastic flying froggies
Pro Rookie

The files you are missing (probably deleted) are the yearly end of season stat files, named on the following format: leaguename.year (eg GEFL0001.1981 for the 1981 season of league GEFL0001)

These are the files you need to recover and copy back in your current directory.
Old 05-15-2006, 04:26 AM   #3
michael1123
n00b

You rock. I think I've fixed it.

If anyone else has this problem, what I did was sim to the next season, which created a stat file for my current season (wasn't my save game name, but numbers, like .00000088.2005), and then found my files ending in extentions such as .2005. I then renamed them from their old names to 00000088.year for each season. The stats seem fine after that.
Old 05-15-2006, 08:00 AM   #4
michael1123
n00b

All right, I know why the problem happened now. Whenever you delete a saved game, it automatically deletes the season stat files associated with it. Which is not a problem when each save game represents one career, but if hit the "save as" button and type in a new name during your career and later delete that, your other save file will lose its stats, unless you back up those files beforehand.