Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-19-2006, 07:52 AM   #1
21C
College Prospect

How many games do you watch?

I'm curious to find out how many games you would watch in a normal week. I was going to post a poll but I'm more interested in the breakdown of sports and games to separate the casual fans from the die-hards.

Include the number of games you might watch in person/live as well as games on TV. If you want, you could include radio broadcasts as well. But I'm mainly interested in games that you watch from start to finish - not ones that you might have on in the background while you're doing something else.

For me, I watch 3+ NFL games a week. If they show 6 games in a week here, I'll watch 6 games.
I'm trying to watch 2 MLB games/week since that's all that get shown down here but I really have to be in the mood.
1 Aussie Rules game (Swans).

Everything else, I keep up with the results but I can't sit and watch a whole game.

21C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 08:00 AM   #2
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

NBA - None
NHL - None
MLB - 1-3 innings
NFL - 3 to 5/week
College Fball - 1 to 3
College BBall - 1

Although watch is a relatively loose term. Half the time, I have it on but, I'm doing something else and casually watching.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 08:22 AM   #3
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

It's hard to come up with an average. It usually depends what games are on, how many games "my team" is playing, etc.

That said:

NBA - None (Though I will watch a few Pistons games during the playoffs)

NHL - 3-4 per week. This depends on how many games the Wings are playing that week. I usually try to catch the HNiC double-header on Saturday too. Come playoff time, however, that average sky rockets to "How ever many games I can possible watch" per week. I also watched more hockey when I had the "Center Ice Package."

MLB - None.

NFL - 3-4 per week. I will always watch the Lions. Then I will usually catch the Sunday night and Monday night games. Though, those are more just background stuff while I am surfing the internet or what not.

College Fball - 1-3. I will always watch the Michigan game and then there tends to be at least 1 or 2 other interesting games a week it seems.

College BBall - None.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 08:22 AM   #4
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21C
But I'm mainly interested in games that you watch from start to finish

I may be focusing too much on that statement but if that's the main criteria then my numbers are extremely low.

The only sports I usually watch from start to finish (defined loosely as "paying more attention to it than anything else going on) would probably be NASCAR and a few college football games a year.

I watch/listen to parts of a lot of baseball games, same with college football. I watch parts of college hoops games but rarely go 40 minutes of primary attention except during the tournament. I watch no NBA. I didn't buy the NHL satellite package this year so there were relatively few hockey games for me to watch even if I wanted to.

Quote:
- not ones that you might have on in the background while you're doing something else.

If I really wanted to be strict about it and count only things I watch from start to finish without doing something else at least as a secondary activity, then it's been years since I've watched a game on TV without something else going on -- TV & computer have mostly been in the same room for the past, I dunno, more than 10 years, so I honestly don't remember the last time I simply sat on the couch and watched a game ... or much of anything else for that matter, with the exception of having the TV on when I'm going to sleep.

For me, I watch 3+ NFL games a week. If they show 6 games in a week here, I'll watch 6 games.
I'm trying to watch 2 MLB games/week since that's all that get shown down here but I really have to be in the mood.
1 Aussie Rules game (Swans).

Everything else, I keep up with the results but I can't sit and watch a whole game.[/quote]
Old 04-19-2006, 08:35 AM   #5
21C
College Prospect

That's why I was focusing on the start to finish part.

For some reason, I can watch an entire NFL game no matter how crappy it turns out to be ( although I have switched a couple off in disgust ). I've even had marathon sittings of games. That's what I was trying to find out for other people.

I think a lot of people, myself included, watch some games in spurts. You might watch an inning or two or a quarter here and there but it's hard to sit still for that long unless you've got some investment in that game.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:43 AM   #6
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Since I've got NFL, MLB, and NHL packages, and there's enough college basketball and football on at an given time to feel like I've got those packages, too, my entire mindset is NOT to watch any one game all the way through. That's for the playoffs or people who still have rabbit ears and only 4 channels. I pay all of that money so that I can sample 5-10 games at any one time.

Yes, I could watch an entire NFL game from start to finish like you, but I don't need to, so I don't.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 04-19-2006 at 08:44 AM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 09:34 AM   #7
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

lets see

NBA- 3 ( none now since rockets are hopeless this season)
MLB - 0 (havnt watched one in years)
NFL - 3
NHL - 0 ( ive watched maybe 15 minuets total in my life)
Soccer- 2 (whenever i can find a game on, which aint very often)
NCAA Football - 1/2
NCAA BB - 0
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 10:30 AM   #8
tarcone
Coordinator

NBA- none
MLB- 4-6 a week depending on my schedule and the cardinals
NFL - as much as possible
College FB- as much as possible
College BB - 1 a week until march
NHL- none

I dont buy packages there is enough baseball on tv but would look into NFL package although the NFL channel with the red zone thing covers my fantasy needs
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 10:55 AM   #9
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

NBA- 1/wk, maybe if I see the game's on
MLB- 2-3/wk (usually, I'm at work and can only listen though)
NFL-2-3/wk
College FB- 2/3 wk
College BB None (Although I'll listen to local games at work)
NHL-None
Soccer (Various Leagues) 10-15/week (All Tivo'd)
Rugby 2-3/wk
Old 04-19-2006, 11:02 AM   #10
stevew
Hall Of Famer

NFL-pretty much as many as I can, usually all 4 unless i fall asleep on the Monday night game, or it's a shitty game.

NBA-I'd say an average of about 2 games a week, I don't get the local Cavs games here, don't really have enough money to think about getting the league pass, either. I'd watch a lot more if I didn't seem to fall asleep early a lot of nights, and if the Cavs were on National TV more often. I usually watch several games in a row, and then might take a week or two off if I'm working.

Don't really watch any of the other sports at all. Catch some of the Nascar race, maybe a few innings here and there for baseball.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 11:14 AM   #11
AgustusM
College Prospect

NFL - always the 49ers game and usually at least one or two others depending upon the match-ups and other timing. I will attend live 1-2 games a year

NBA - I watch the warriors most nights when they are on, but usually more in the background while doing something else. If I do watch a whole game it is only when the game is good AND it is in HD. After watching games in HD it is hard to watch "regular" broadcasts. I usually go live to 5-10 games a year

MLB - of 162 games the Giants play I will probably catch at least a few innings on TV or the radio about 140 of them. It is rare that I will sit and watch an entire game unless it is the playoffs in which case I won't miss a pitch, or if it is a "must" win game to get into the playoffs. I usually go live to about 10 games a year.

NHL - I usually catch about a game a week and will always watch a lot more when in HD. Hockey benefits from HD more the any other sport IMO. When part of a playoff run (like the Sharks have been in the past 2 weeks) I will watch either ALL or most of the games. I go live to about 5-10 games a year.

Soccer, NASCAR - I was going to watch, but then I got stuck on the paint drying channel and I just couldn't turn away.

The biggest thing that has changed my viewing habits is the DVR. Often I will watch the beginning of a game with my 8 year old son. catch a little of the middle while doing other stuff and then DVR the last period, quarter or 3 innings before I go to bed. Then my son and I will watch it in the morning while getting ready for school - while my daughter ignores both of us.
AgustusM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 11:24 AM   #12
Franklinnoble
Banned

NFL - 2-3 games per week. Usually the Redskins, Vikings and whatever's on MNF.
MLB - Almost none. I read recaps for the A's just about every day. I'll listen on the radio if I'm driving, and I'll watch playoff games from time to time.
NBA - Rarely. If there's nothing else on, I might tune in to a Kings game. I'll watch in the playoffs.
NHL - Never
Franklinnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 11:36 AM   #13
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

NFL - The wife loves it...all day Sunday and Monday night...so 4.
NHL - Probably 2 per week...but, if the Oilers aren't playing, I'm not really watching that intently.
MLB - I'm an A's fan, but we don't get many A's games up here, so if they are on, I'm watching for sure...but, other than that, I'll gladly watch any Jays games, but again, not really watching all that intently. So, if I had to average it out, I'd say 3 games a week.
College FB - I've started to pay more attention to this in recent years, so I'd say one per week.

I also watch a lot of golf...again, something the wife really loves.
johnnyshaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 11:36 AM   #14
digamma
Torchbearer

I've pretty much traded in all of my chips to be able to watch all of the college football I can on Saturdays in the fall. I still watch college basketball pretty regularly (and more in March), but other than that I'll rarely watch an entire sporting event from start to finish (Master's and US Open are exceptions).
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 11:58 AM   #15
finketr
College Prospect

mlb - 0
nba - 0
nhl - 0 (sadly)
EPL - about 6-7/week, or more... this past weekend was a bounty of 10-12 in the last 5 calendar days
nfl - 2 + pieces
ncaa fb - usually 1 or 2
finketr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 11:58 AM   #16
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgustusM
Soccer, NASCAR - I was going to watch, but then I got
stuck on the paint drying channel and I just couldn't turn away.

Gee, isn't a coincidence that whenever someone mentions sports outside the big 4, you get passive aggressive bullshit like this? I remember before the Nascar folks here claiming the board had a tendency to jump on them whenever they mentioned the sport, and it's since spread to soccer.
Old 04-19-2006, 12:03 PM   #17
finketr
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie
Gee, isn't a coincidence that whenever someone mentions sports outside the big 4, you get passive aggressive bullshit like this? I remember before the Nascar folks here claiming the board had a tendency to jump on them whenever they mentioned the sport, and it's since spread to soccer.

sad, yep..

epl games are pretty nice... i can't really watch mls, serie a, ligue 1, etc as much as the epl games.
finketr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 12:05 PM   #18
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

NFL - when a game's on, I'm watching.
MLB - probably the equivalent of 2-3 full Red Sox games per week.
NHL - none, until the playoffs. Then maybe 1-2 a week.
NBA - none
College Football - Michigan games, usually one additional per week.
College Basketball - none, not even tournament.
Other Sports - very little.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 12:05 PM   #19
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

NBA - None
NHL - 3-4 Games
MLB - 3-4 Games
NFL - 2
College Fball - 1 to 3
College BBall - 1 (Maybe)

As you can see, I enjoy baseball and hockey alot more than I enjoy basketball. I like college football better than pro football as well.
Old 04-19-2006, 12:13 PM   #20
Bad-example
College Starter

NFL...1-2 games a week
MLB...6-7 a week
NBA...1-2 a week
NHL...1-2 a week
Bad-example is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 12:51 PM   #21
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Start to Finish with a high level of attention:

NFL - 2 to 3 per week.

Nothing else.

Start to Finish - with sometimes low level of attention:

NFL - 3 to 4 per week.

NBA - 1 to 2 per week.

MLB - 1 to 2 per week.

Soccer - 1 per week.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 01:50 PM   #22
Travis
Pro Rookie

NFL: We usually get 3 aired during the first time slot on Sundays and 2 in the afternoon and I'll tend to be going back and forth to catch as much action from each as possible, plus the late game, MNF and any Thur/Sat games going on. In essense, as much as possible.

MLB: 3 or 4. As many Jays games as I can be home for and usually a Braves game or two while I'm at the computer

NHL: 3+ All Oilers games plus any interesting matchups.

NBA: 1 Usually hit at least once a week but not necessarily making a point of it

More and more UFC too as Spike starts airing more of it.
Travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 01:59 PM   #23
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

It really depends on the week, to be honest. But not many, maybe 1 or two.
Old 04-19-2006, 03:24 PM   #24
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

NBA-If the Warriors play 4 games in a week, I'll probably watch 3

MLB-6-7 games per week. I have the Giants on every day/night unless I'm at work or school

NHL-1 game a week until playoffs..then I'll watch every Sharks game and pieces of whatever other ones are on...and any game 7

NFL-49ers game, and maybe the Monday night game

College Football-Usually about 2-3 a week..Stanford plus whatever is compelling

College Basketball-Probably my favorite sport....usually 6-7 a week.
Old 04-19-2006, 06:50 PM   #25
miami_fan
Coordinator

NBA- About 6-7 games a week
MLB- about 3-4 games a week
NHL- One Panthers or Lightning game a week
College Football-about 2-3 a week
NFL- 2-3 a week
College Basketball- Way way way too many games!
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 08:46 PM   #26
Terps
College Prospect

MLB - I watch every O's game, and will watch any game that is on TV.
NFL - Every Giants, Sunday night, and Monday night game.
NBA - Only Wizards games, and they aren't on too often around here.
NHL - Only Capitals games, and they aren't on too often around here.
College Football & Basketball - Maryland is hardly ever on around here, so just 'big' games, bowl games, and tournament games.
Terps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 08:47 PM   #27
FBPro
College Starter

NBA:0
NHL:0
NFL:3-5
MLB:2-3
NCAA:
Hoops:0
Football:2-3
GM Tennessee Titans FOWL 2020-2025
FBPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 08:56 PM   #28
primelord
Pro Rookie

NBA: 2-3
NFL: 5-6*
MLB: 5-6
College Football: 1-2
NHL: 0

*For NFL games I watch every Rams, Cowboys, Sunday Night and Monday Night game in their entirety. I then generally use the split screen feature of my big screen to flip through the other games on Sunday Ticket. So while I don't watch every mionute of the other games I watch 2 games worth of football. My wife loves football season. I get up for the pregame shows and don't stop watching until after the Sunday night Sports Center.

I have the Cardinals on every night (or day since I work from home). I'll occasionally miss games from time to time, but even then I almost always Tivo them and watch them later that day.
primelord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 09:00 PM   #29
JeeberD
General Manager

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 09:11 PM   #30
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

MLB- 2 to 5 a week, depending on free time
NHL- 1 a week, typically- wish they had more on
NFL- 1 or maybe 2 a week
NBA- maybe a game every other week
College Football- 1 to 3 a week
College Basketball- 1 or 2 a week (KU's games) until the tourney

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 09:11 PM   #31
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD

So it's kindof like "posts per week"?

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 09:17 PM   #32
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

NBA: 0
MLB: 0
NFL: usually 1
NHL: 3-4? I watch about 90% of the Avs games, and then random games if they aren't on.
NASCAR: I'll usually watch the races, so that's about one a week.
Old 04-19-2006, 09:26 PM   #33
kingfc22
Head Coach

NBA- none
MLB- 3-6 a week
NFL - as much as possible, working retail cuts back on my NFL
College FB- see NFL
College BB - 1-2 games, depends on who is playing
NHL- 1

Any game in HD helps influence me to watch.
Old 04-19-2006, 11:03 PM   #34
Sublime 2
College Benchwarmer

NBA: 3
MLB: 4
NFL: 2
NHL: 1
College BBall: 2
College Football: 3
Sublime 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 12:21 AM   #35
Franklinnoble
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD

It's "How many games do you watch?"

not "How many posts do you make?"

or "Odds against UTEP winning the national title?"
Franklinnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 12:47 AM   #36
AgustusM
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecismic
NFL - when a game's on, I'm watching.
MLB - probably the equivalent of 2-3 full Red Sox games per week.
NHL - none, until the playoffs. Then maybe 1-2 a week.
NBA - none
College Football - Michigan games, usually one additional per week.
College Basketball - none, not even tournament.
Other Sports - very little.

I guess we can rule out TCY:Basketball as the next Solecismic release!

Last edited by AgustusM : 04-20-2006 at 12:47 AM.
AgustusM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 01:11 PM   #37
mgadfly
High School Varsity

In Person:
High School Basketball: 1 to 2 games per week (except years that I coach which usually means 4 to 5 games per week, at least one of which is recorded).

College Basketball: Division I = 3 or 4 per year (this year 6); Division III = 6 or 7 per year

WNBA: 1 game per year

Baseball: 2 games per year

Television:

HS Basketball: 4 games per year (WA and OR State championships on Fox Sports)

College Basketball: I'd like to say 6 per week, but it is probably double that most of the time. During the tournament I watch every game that I can possibly watch and 7 of the past 8 years took the first through 4th round game days off of work/school. My wife, who didn't know anything about basketball prior to marrying me, admitted this year that she has started watching college basketball even when I'm on the road for work. That is the good news, the bad news is that despite watching thousands of hours of basketball (and being scorekeeper at a number of my rec league games) she still hasn't completely gotten a grasp on when a player gets two freethrows, three or only one.

NBA: 1 game per year, maybe, if nothing else is on and the home shopping network is selling jewlery the entire time.

MLB: 2 or 3 per week in most years but only 1 or 2 per week so far this season. This is the sport that my dad watches the most (he watches every Mariners game shown and usually has whatever other game that is televised on when I come over). I took him to a Yankees/Mariners game a couple years ago and we had a good time. He had refused to go to a game prior to that because he felt that he had a better view in his living room than at the game (he's probably right).

College Baseball: 0

NFL: 1 per week plus a second and sometimes 3rd depending on my schedule.

College Football: 2 or 3 per week.

NHL: 0 (though I've tried to get into the sport a number of times)

Golf: 0

Womens Tennis: A few tournaments each year

World's Strongest Man Competition: I catch it when I can.

Everything else: not often or not at all.
mgadfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 02:19 PM   #38
MIJB#19
Coordinator

For me it's limited to:
* the Super Bowl
* an occasional Tuesday night Champions' League soccer game (about 5 per season)
* an occasional Thursday night UEFA Cup soccer game (about 3 per season)

I also try to watch as many games of the soccer European Championships and World Championships games (about half of the 32 resp. 64 games). I might pick up watching some of the Friday night Eredivisie soccer games, but it will probably depend on the tv competition. I didn't even sit out a game of my favorite team. For those wondering about volleyball, there ain't much on tv of it so all the games I see are live-action in the stands of the arena.
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 02:26 PM   #39
Vince
Pro Starter

NBA: 0*
MLB: 1-3 full games, but I usually see at least a portion of every single Giants game.
NFL: 2-4
NHL: 0-1

* I "watch" a game or two a week of the NBA, but I never can sit through an entire game.

As a server, I usually work when the games are being played. I can catch MLB games in the afternoon and on my nights off, and since it's my favorite sport by far, I go out of my way to watch. I love Hockey, but not as much as Baseball, so I don't find myself going as far out of my way to watch the games. I request Sundays off, so I get to watch football during football season
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.

Last edited by Vince : 04-20-2006 at 02:26 PM.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 03:02 PM   #40
KevinNU7
College Starter

MLB 6-7
NFL 2-3
NHL 0-1
NBA 0-1

I watch probably 95% of the Red Sox games. My wife and I have two TVs in the living room so one always has the game on. During the NFL season I watch the Pats and then I usually watch the Sunday night game while the wife watches her shitty netowkr shows on ABC.

I love two TVs
Old 04-20-2006, 07:01 PM   #41
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

MLB: 2-3
NHL: Used to be 6-7+ (when I had Center Ice earlier this year)
NFL: 3-4
NBA: 0
College BB: 0
College FB: 1-2
Soccer: 2-3
Old 04-20-2006, 07:04 PM   #42
Buccaneer
Head Coach

None, start to finish. I think the last time I did that was when I was a kid in the 70s (in most of the sports, pro and college) and didn't have anything better to do.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 07:11 PM   #43
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer
None, start to finish. I think the last time I did that was when I was a kid in the 70s (in most of the sports, pro and college) and didn't have anything better to do.

Like play fake college basketball games on the computer?

Last edited by RPI-Fan : 04-20-2006 at 07:13 PM.
RPI-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 07:13 PM   #44
AlexB
Pro Starter

NFL - 2 (this is all I can watch live given the time difference)
Football (hey, I'm English - this is what we call it ) - 3 or 4 on average
Rugby - maybe one a fortnight (across both codes)
Cricket - every now and again
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 07:14 PM   #45
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPI-Fan
Like play fake college basketball games on the computer? :-p

...and baseball too, plus my other hobbies, plus a lot of reading. I guess it goes along with my intolerance of watching commercial TV. Following the games on CBS Sportsline is cool though.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 07:51 PM   #46
Rizon
Pro Starter

NFL: Whatever comes on TV, which is usually only Raiders and 49'ers games.
MLB: Every day, Giants or A's only
Arena Football: If I'm bored on Saturday
Other Sports: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 08:06 PM   #47
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21C
(snip) 1 Aussie Rules game (Swans)...

As a side note - how come the prices differ so radically for the sports in the Aussie Stadium? When I was over there a couple of years back, I watched the Roosters play the Broncos, and it was $20 - from memory the Swans were more than double this, and the Waritahs were about the same. Do they sell out at these higher prices?

Last edited by AlexB : 04-20-2006 at 08:06 PM.
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 02:46 AM   #48
21C
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jari Rantanen's Shorts
As a side note - how come the prices differ so radically for the sports in the Aussie Stadium? When I was over there a couple of years back, I watched the Roosters play the Broncos, and it was $20 - from memory the Swans were more than double this, and the Waritahs were about the same. Do they sell out at these higher prices?
Never really thought about it but I'm guessing it as to do with the popularity of the sport.

The Swans usually get 30000 and can fill the SCG (40000) with a blockbuster. The Waratahs do much the same at Aussie Stadium but the Roosters - and most rugby league teams - consider 20000 to be a big crowd. Since RL gets the biggest TV audience and thus the biggest TV dollars, they can probably afford to charge less for tickets.