Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-24-2003, 02:09 PM   #51
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally posted by Anrhydeddu
See? The same thing will happen with these new Falcons uniforms. It's the players wearing them and your emotional connection to the success of the team that makes all the difference. Just like most Broncos fans all of sudden loved those new unforms because they won two SB with them.

That's the thing, for me I liked them the first time I actually got to see them play in them. (I believe the first preseason game for them was in Mexico that year, I remember watching the first play thinking "these aren't so bad" Elway was hurt in that game, so if the outcome had anything to do with me liking/disliking the uniform, it'd have fallen into the hatred category pretty quick)

I just think the Bronco uniforms (and the Bills to some extent) simply look better when you see them in an actual game as opposed to seeming a quick glimpse of them on tv.

I'll wait until I see the Falcons jersies in game action before I make a decision. First impression? Not good. Not good at all.

TroyF

TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 02:19 PM   #52
Buzzbee
College Starter

Let's get it straight Fritz. Don't pull a Horns and start editing everything.

I said:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Buzzbee
You know, I would ALMOST rather see a 300 lb man come out naked than wear one of the new God-awful Falcons uniforms. Almost.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I can arrange that, for a fee
Old 04-24-2003, 02:19 PM   #53
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally posted by MylesKnight
A friend of mine has one of those old Orlando Thunder, Kerwin Bell (Thunder QB) Jerseys.. He wore it out to a club one time a while back... Now that was funny.. .. and the damn thing did glow in the dark..

I used to love those Thunder green jerseys...of course I loved the Bucs old orange uni's too. Nothing was more aesthetically pleasing than watching the Bucs and Lions playing on natural grass....beautiful colors. Of course, the quality of the games would often leave something to be desired...
cuervo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 02:24 PM   #54
ColtCrazy
College Starter

I guess I'm a traditionalist. The only new unis I liked were the Bucs, but I still like the old ones too.

These Falcons are horrible looking. Maybe the worst (if not, it's the Bills) Who thought that this two tone sleeve thing was a good idea?

The new Broncos ones are okay. I actually own an Elway jersey in both styles. Still like the old one better.

Of the old school ones, I liked the old Pats ones the best.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 02:58 PM   #55
FBPro
College Starter

Man, I was hoping for the 1980's Red/sliver/red also......
GM Tennessee Titans FOWL 2020-2025
FBPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 03:15 PM   #56
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

very ugly. They just tossed aside some of the best uniforms in the league.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 03:19 PM   #57
Travis
Pro Rookie

Who said these are Falcons uniforms? I believe only Vick gets to wear them. My sources say he'll have a different uniform on each game to try and spike merchandise sales...
Old 04-24-2003, 03:47 PM   #58
MylesKnight
College Benchwarmer

I've got to vote for the Bills as the ugliest current Unis... although Detroit gets a mention as well, due to the fact they decided to change their's...

Why do you have to mess with a good thing.. Sometimes the best answer is the one you currently have.... - Please send this to Lions and Falcons Mgmt..
Old 04-24-2003, 04:30 PM   #59
FBPro
College Starter

Worst NFL unis = Bears(uh boring)
GM Tennessee Titans FOWL 2020-2025
FBPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 05:23 PM   #60
Kodos
Resident Alien

I'm sorry, specifically for Shorty's sake, but the Bengals uniforms are by far the worst in the league. Awful colors, awful design.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 05:51 PM   #61
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

I hated the Broncos uniforms and still do hate them. I hate these uniforms and I doubt very seriously that I'm going to change my mind. THEY ARE UGLY!!! This is depressing. Red, Black and Silver are the best colors for a sports franchise. Now they have gone and ruined something that should be easy. Everyone was saying Blank was thinking "throw-back." They couldn't get less throw-back than these.

I think I'm going to puke....
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 09:26 PM   #62
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally posted by CHEMICAL SOLDIER
Whoever the designer of those uniforms are aught to be dragged out into the streets and sodomized with a tooth brush .

In that case, I designed them, big boy!
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2003, 06:28 AM   #63
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

The Atlanta media isn't exactly impressed either:

http://www.ajc.com/falcons/content/sports/falcons/0403/25jersey.html

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/columns/moore/index.html
Old 04-25-2003, 06:41 AM   #64
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
Quote:
Let's get it straight Fritz. Don't pull a Horns and start editing everything.

I said:

quote:
You know, I would ALMOST rather see a 300 lb man come out naked than wear one of the new God-awful Falcons uniforms. Almost.

I can arrange that, for a fee

WHAT!!!!! THAT WASN'T ME!!!!!!!!!!!

SKYDOG MUST HAVE DONE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CHECK THE LOGFILES!!!!!!!!

MY DOG ATE MY HOMEWORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-25-2003, 10:54 AM   #65
MylesKnight
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Whoever the designer of those uniforms are aught to be dragged out into the streets and sodomized with a tooth brush .

Now that is Funny!! QOTM Hall of Fame, Right Now!!
Old 04-25-2003, 02:12 PM   #66
Buzzbee
College Starter

Quote:

I think it should be one of those electric spin brushes. And afterwards they should have to brush their teeth with it.
Old 04-25-2003, 02:21 PM   #67
Craptacular
College Starter

The only NFL jersey I have is a black Falcons jersey. Another one bites the dust ...
Craptacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2003, 02:26 PM   #68
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally posted by Craptacular
The only NFL jersey I have is a black Falcons jersey. Another one bites the dust ...

That's ok, my only jersey is an Eagles road jersey with "GARNER" on the back.

Which isn't as bad as my #10 Flyers Mike Bullard jersey
cuervo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2003, 02:29 PM   #69
MylesKnight
College Benchwarmer

Yeah, so what... I've got an old Scott Skiles Orlando Magic Home Jersey in my closet, collecting dust.. Beat that!!

Last edited by MylesKnight : 04-25-2003 at 02:31 PM.
MylesKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2003, 02:41 PM   #70
cuervo72
Head Coach

Mike Bullard, Phi Flyers 88-90

Scott Skiles, Orl Magic 89-94
Old 04-25-2003, 02:57 PM   #71
JeeberD
General Manager

I've got an old Rockets Robert Horry jersey in the closet. Sad thing is that I could have gotten a Hakeem jersey but I figured that Horry would be around longer...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2003, 10:10 PM   #72
RendeR
Coordinator

If anyone knows where I casn get ahold of an Old orlando Thunder green jersey size 3XL or an Old orange Tampa Jersey, please let me know. I collect jersey's and would love having one of each of those!!!

Also I'm looking for a Blue/Home breakers jersey from the USFL, any of the 3 cities they played in will be fine!!

and the bengals at least have a unifirm that matches their MASCOT. WTF does a star have to do with being a cowboy? Where is the relation ship of a JET on the new york helmets? and for that matter whtat the fuck is a BILL? is this a duck reference? or maybe Buffalo ihas the front of a baseball cap as its mascot? someone help me out here =)

The Bengals uniformas ROCK, Orange and BLACK is BACK baby.

Ren
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2003, 10:20 PM   #73
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally posted by RendeR
\ WTF does a star have to do with being a cowboy?

I'm pretty sure the star refers to the star that the sherrif always wore in all the old westerns. In other words, the Cowboys came into the league looking to take charge, and for the most part, they've succeded...

Old 04-25-2003, 11:52 PM   #74
tucker342
Pro Starter

I was going to come up with something snappy to bring down the Cowboys, but I don't need to, they do it themselves.
tucker342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2003, 11:54 PM   #75
tucker342
Pro Starter

dola-

I like the new Falcon's uni. I can't stand old school uniforms though. The old Bucs jersey must be the worst of all time.
tucker342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2003, 12:03 AM   #76
JeeberD
General Manager

Go Mavs!!!

Old 04-26-2003, 12:05 AM   #77
SunDancer
College Benchwarmer

What makes a good uniform and logo? Suggest a fictional nickname, and then describe a uniform/logo design.

What are you favorite uniforms of all time, in all 4 major sports (one from college or a dead league, and a current team's history of uniforms)?

What was the meaning behind the USFL uniforms? Didn't the AFL has flashy ones? What about arena's? What would u descirbe the trend moving towards today?
SunDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2003, 01:18 PM   #78
jander
n00b

Quote:
Originally posted by MylesKnight

Atlanta is joining the old WLAF? Nice, but they still don't even come close to the old Orlando Thunder "Neon Green" Threads.

Wow, you got that one right. I didn't even think of that. It does look similar to those Raleigh-Durham Skyhawks in a way...hmmm.

I am also one that likes different. In a strange way I liked those Orlando Thunder unis. I really thought the old Tampa orange unis were cool too. I have seen too much black/red in teams.
jander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2003, 04:46 PM   #79
ShovelMonkey
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally posted by TroyF

Best NFL uniforms? Aren't even worn anymore. Why the Chargers don't go back to the baby blues is one of the biggest mysteries in all of sports. I had the money, I'd blow $400 on a Lance Alworth baby blue jersey. . . and I'm not even a Charger fan.

TroyF

Not worn anymore? I'm surprised nobody's mentioned the Steelers. They still have the classic look and the best uniforms in the game as far as I'm concerned.

Black and Gold baby!
Old 04-26-2003, 05:27 PM   #80
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally posted by RendeR
The Bengals uniformas ROCK, Orange and BLACK is BACK baby.

Ren

Hell yeah.. saying they're the worst in the NFL is a joke.. just another example of anti-Cincy bias.

How can you not like the original helmet or the home OR the aways.. it all looks good.

Worst? Eh...the new Falcons, maybe, because the black of years past or even the old school red are WAYYYY better than these.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2003, 05:29 PM   #81
korme
Go Reds

Also, I agree with Troy about the powder blues.. I always switch to them in Madden.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2003, 01:22 PM   #82
RendeR
Coordinator

The uniform I honestly miss most?

The houston oilers

LUV YA BLUE!!!

Those things were awesome.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2003, 02:32 PM   #83
SunDancer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally posted by ShovelMonkey
Not worn anymore? I'm surprised nobody's mentioned the Steelers. They still have the classic look and the best uniforms in the game as far as I'm concerned.

Black and Gold baby!

I agree. I curious though, why do they wear the logo on just one side of the helmet, and not the other?
SunDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2003, 08:29 PM   #84
Anrhydeddu
Resident Curmudgeon

From my vast repetoire of useless logo/uniforms trivia, what team has the oldest helmet design in the NFL (sans facemask which has all now gone from gray to a color)? Hint - this includes the colors, logo and stripe(s).

Back in the 1950s, nearly all teams wore a basic color helmet, like the current Cleveland Browns - except for one team. Which team was it and what did that helmet logo look like?

Finally, the first use of a logo for an NFL helmet was in the 1930s when a team used a particular logo on their leather helmet for one season. What team was it and what was the logo?
Anrhydeddu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2003, 08:51 PM   #85
Aylmar
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally posted by SunDancer
I agree. I curious though, why do they wear the logo on just one side of the helmet, and not the other?

In 1962, Republic Steel of Cleveland approached the Steelers about using the Steelmark logo on the side of their helmets. At the time, the Steelers wore solid gold helmets...and only put the logo on one side because they were unsure how it would mesh with the helmet color. Even when they later switched to the solid black helmet, the team decided to keep the logo on the right side only because of their newfound success (the 1962 team was the winningest team in franchise history at that point) and the interest that the unique logo style generated.
Aylmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 09:38 AM   #86
Anrhydeddu
Resident Curmudgeon

bump - anyone up for a little trivia contest?
Old 04-28-2003, 09:53 AM   #87
Aylmar
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally posted by Anrhydeddu
Back in the 1950s, nearly all teams wore a basic color helmet, like the current Cleveland Browns - except for one team. Which team was it and what did that helmet logo look like?

It was the Rams. The horns were hand-painted onto the leather helmets by one of the players that also was an artist. I believe that it was around 1948. Sorry...dont' remember the player's name...
Aylmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 10:44 AM   #88
Anrhydeddu
Resident Curmudgeon

Good job, aylmar. What color was the horn?
Old 04-28-2003, 11:05 AM   #89
Aylmar
High School Varsity

I think it was white...but that part I'm not 100% certain about...