Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-25-2003, 11:33 PM   #1
tucker342
Pro Starter

Thumbs up "Stupid White Men" By Michael Moore

Outstanding book. The chapters on racism and education were excellent. Great, great book.

tucker342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2003, 11:41 PM   #2
ACStrider
High School JV

...and factually substantiated, I'm sure .

Last edited by ACStrider : 04-25-2003 at 11:41 PM.
ACStrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2003, 11:55 PM   #3
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I refuse to bother with anything by Michael Moore.

I'd rather be a stupid white man then an impitent fat man.

he annoys me so much. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

I can't wait until his next documentary on September 11th when it wasn't Terrorist who attacked us, but a missaimed missile that Godzilla Blitz shot from his X-Com game.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2003, 12:20 AM   #4
Havok
College Starter

i cant believe you praised a book written by that jackass.
Old 04-26-2003, 04:02 AM   #5
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally posted by Havok
i cant believe you praised a book written by that jackass.

That's exactly why you should read it. If you hate the man and disagree with his views read it, so you can dispute. Like Don Coreleone always says "Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer..."
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2003, 04:14 AM   #6
astralhaze
College Prospect

To me, if conservatives hate you with a passion you are probably doing something right.
Old 04-26-2003, 04:29 AM   #7
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally posted by astralhaze
To me, if conservatives hate you with a passion you are probably doing something right.

Amen to that, my brother.
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2003, 04:48 AM   #8
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

I skimmed it briefly in a store - if you agree with his views then you'll love it and ignore the massive flaws in the statements there-in (as with most such books there arguements are stated in as basic and agressive manner as possible in order to get as much publicity and column inches out of reviews), if you don't like his views then you'll notice the massive flaws in the arguements ...... simple as that really.
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2003, 06:44 AM   #9
MJ4H
Coordinator

Quote:

You got it. Lie and distort facts to make conservatives despise you. This is the corect thing to do.

Last edited by MJ4H : 04-26-2003 at 06:45 AM.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2003, 09:19 AM   #10
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:

This is a ridiculous statement. It's like me saying anyone who pisses off liberals is doing something right, therefore I enjoy KKK grand wizards speeches.

This is BS. There are liberals who can make terrific points without resorting to lies. Those are the "enemies" you need to search out if you are a conservative. Michael Moore is a proven liar. He's a man who blasts the "rich" Republicans, yet lives in a 1.7 million dollar home and sends his kid to private school.

He isn't the enemy, he's a big, fat bloated piece of crap who I can't trust reading or watching anymore. . . because I have zero idea how much of what he says is true if I don't spend 200 hours researching it myself. (if you believe that 700 individuals donated 2/3 of the money for the Bush campaign fund, you have some SERIOUS issues)

I don't hate Michael Moore with a passion because he's a democrat or a bleeding heart liberal. I hate Michael Moore because instead of using facts to encourage healthy discussion, he uses lies to propogate the myth that conservatives are not only wrong in their ideals, but they are bad people as well.

TroyF
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2003, 09:24 AM   #11
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

Michael Moore is a joke. It is as simple as that.
Old 04-26-2003, 09:33 AM   #12
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

It strikes me that the book might actually be pretty good ... if the old adage about "takes one to know one" is true.
Old 04-26-2003, 09:53 AM   #13
ShovelMonkey
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:

Could you use reverse phsycology and say: "I hate you with a passion therefore I must be a conservative?"
Old 04-26-2003, 11:25 AM   #14
MJ4H
Coordinator

Amen TroyF
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2003, 12:30 PM   #15
Havok
College Starter

Quote:
This is a ridiculous statement. It's like me saying anyone who pisses off liberals is doing something right, therefore I enjoy KKK grand wizards speeches.

This is BS. There are liberals who can make terrific points without resorting to lies. Those are the "enemies" you need to search out if you are a conservative. Michael Moore is a proven liar. He's a man who blasts the "rich" Republicans, yet lives in a 1.7 million dollar home and sends his kid to private school.

He isn't the enemy, he's a big, fat bloated piece of crap who I can't trust reading or watching anymore. . . because I have zero idea how much of what he says is true if I don't spend 200 hours researching it myself. (if you believe that 700 individuals donated 2/3 of the money for the Bush campaign fund, you have some SERIOUS issues)

I don't hate Michael Moore with a passion because he's a democrat or a bleeding heart liberal. I hate Michael Moore because instead of using facts to encourage healthy discussion, he uses lies to propogate the myth that conservatives are not only wrong in their ideals, but they are bad people as well.

TroyF

well said Troy
Old 04-26-2003, 05:53 PM   #16
Havok
College Starter

great site http://www.revoketheoscar.com/

and here's a letter from a Michael Moore supporter being ripped to shreads by a conservative. http://www.right-thinking.com/commen...id=P1251_0_1_0
Old 04-26-2003, 08:05 PM   #17
ACStrider
High School JV

I have no problem (zero, zilch, nada, none) with a liberal who makes an argument contrary to what I believe to be the better opinion. Where I have a problem is when you have someone distort, twist, and right out fabricate "truth" to make an argument. It renders the argument and the individual useless. If he used facts to support his position (instead of making them up), then I would be willing to listen to him.

"That's exactly why you should read it. If you hate the man and disagree with his views read it, so you can dispute. Like Don Coreleone always says "Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer...""

--Why even argue with such idiocy? Once they've proven that they don't use little things like the truth, you have no grounds with which to argue. An argument has to be dealt on the assumption that both sides are working with facts. One could argue till he's blue in the face that the moon is made of cheese and that the sun revolves around the earth, but at some point, to continue to argue with such a person is a step backwards.

"To me, if conservatives hate you with a passion you are probably doing something right." - Astral

Hmm...if I lower my logic to that level...Michael Moore is a liar, conservatives hate Michael Moore, conservatives hate liberals, liberals are liars.
Old 04-26-2003, 08:57 PM   #18
astralhaze
College Prospect

LOL

Humor people, settle down.
Old 04-27-2003, 04:48 AM   #19
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Humor people, settle down.

Astral, people seem to forget that you are just a big joke.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2003, 05:06 AM   #20
astralhaze
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally posted by Dutch
Astral, people seem to forget that you are just a big joke.

That they do. People would be best served to just ignore anything and everything that I type.

That goes for everything except my sexual realtionship with Cam. That is quite serious.