Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-25-2003, 08:28 PM   #1
AgPete
College Prospect

Angry Some movies just shouldn't be remade (The Wild Bunch)

I'm going to be sick if Hollywood remakes "The Wild Bunch." As far as I'm concerned, that movie is as untouchable as "Gone With the Wind" or "The Godfather." Not only the movie itself, but having William Holden, the violence for its times, there are so many things that render a remake pointless. The classic massacre scene at the end should never be remade. Why do these studios try and remake classics? I thought modern-day Hollywood was crazy to remake "Psycho" but this is just as bad. While I'm bitching, I also wish guys like Spielberg and Lucas wouldn't take their classic movies and put in new CGI. Does anyone know where I can get an original copy of Star Wars? Especially when it's released on DVD.

Movie News

Remaking THE WILD BUNCH
TRAINING DAY scribe gets the task
-------------------------------------------
Dateline: Friday, April 25, 2003

Screenwriter David Ayer has been handed the job of remaking Sam Peckinpah's classic western THE WILD BUNCH. Warner Bros. is the studio behind the project.

Peckinpah's 1969 film is considered one of the best westerns ever made by many film critics. Set in the early part of the 20th century, the film follows a group of desperados who are witnessing the end of the old west and their way of life. Together they embark on one final heist, hoping to end their glory days on a high note before riding off into the sunset. It doesn't work out that way.

Ayer's update will set the film in the modern day and set south of the border. The drama and action will come from a group of individuals who execute a robbery from the drug cartels and police/political corruption plaguing Mexico.

AgPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2003, 08:56 PM   #2
clintl
College Starter

I don't think ANY classic movies should ever be remade. What's the point, beyond greed, of remaking something that someone else has already done well? It would be much more interesting and worthwhile to remake movies that should have been better than they were.
clintl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2003, 12:36 AM   #3
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

God Help them if they re make Platoon or Ben Hur .
Old 04-26-2003, 10:00 AM   #4
DeToxRox
Head Coach

they're remaking the Texas Chainsaw Massacre w/ Jessica Biel.

GOD NO!
GOD NO!

The T.C.M is the best horror flick I've ever seen, and it's beause it's got that 70's vibe going. Now they're gonna' send it to hell.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2003, 10:04 AM   #5
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

this is an incredibly stupid move. If sure they'll miss a million of the nuances in the film that make it as good as it is now, and turn it into hollywood shit.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2003, 10:29 AM   #6
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

Quote:
Originally posted by clintl
I don't think ANY classic movies should ever be remade.
They're remaking Casablanca with Affleck & J.Lo.

That should be topping the list off what NOT to remake.
VPI97 is offline   Reply With Quote