Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-25-2006, 09:04 AM   #1
fantavet
n00b

Question FOF MP question

I can't find the answer in the "Sticky" section.

I used to play this game a few years back and I'm thinking of getting back into it. But here is what I'm looking for in multi-player.

Way back in 1993 Dave Holt and Micro Sports came out with a Football Sim called NFL Pro I think. One of the great things about that game is that we would have owners of all the teams like FOF, we would have some "coach sheet" to fill out, like pct. of time to run on 3rd and 2 etc....

And we would email our files to the commish. He would sim the game and email a results file back to both owners. What was great was the results file was like a "game tape". If I remember the animation was Xs and Os, but each owner, without knowing the results, could watch the game tape and see the same EXACT game unfold.

What happens in FOF multiplayer? You just look at your league website and check a score to see if you won? Or does each game play out so you can watch it like you were playing in a single player league?

"I'd cut my grandmother if she didn't have at least a 40 in Breakaway Speed"

fantavet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 09:14 AM   #2
twothree
College Prospect

If your commish saves the game logs and makes them available to you, then you can use one of two viewers to "watch" the game (logs).

You can use 3ric's FOF2004 Play-By-Play Viewer or gstelmack's FOF Extractor Game Viewer. There may be another viewer available, but I don't remember it's name.
twothree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 09:39 AM   #3
Cuckoo
College Starter

Cam made one as well a couple of months ago. Follow the link in my signature, then click on "Web Viewer" along the top bar to see how it works.

I haven't used gstelmack's, but I've heard good things.
Old 02-25-2006, 09:43 AM   #4
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantavet
If I remember the animation was Xs and Os, but each owner, without knowing the results, could watch the game tape and see the same EXACT game unfold.

If this is all that matters to you, i suspect you will be disappointed. But you'll be missing out on a very good game in many other respects.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 11:01 AM   #5
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by twothree
If your commish saves the game logs and makes them available to you, then you can use one of two viewers to "watch" the game (logs).

You can use 3ric's FOF2004 Play-By-Play Viewer or gstelmack's FOF Extractor Game Viewer. There may be another viewer available, but I don't remember it's name.

notepad
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 12:15 PM   #6
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

lol...

gstel's viewer is nice