Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-20-2006, 10:10 AM   #1
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

Most over-rated in polls

Interesting analysis of which teams are most under- and over- rated in preseason college polls.

http://www.collegefootballnews.com/2...ratedTeams.htm

For those of you with low attention spans, the most under-rated teams are Miami, Florida State and Virginia Tech. The most over-rated team of the past 35 years is, of course, the

Fartin' Spartans of Michigan State

closely followed by Wisconsin and Arizona State.
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW

OldGiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 10:29 AM   #2
Swaggs
Coordinator

Heh... Pitt sucks.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 10:33 AM   #3
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I thought this thread was going to be about Anna Kournikova.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 10:34 AM   #4
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Heh heh!

Poor, old Sparties. Always claiming that they don't get enough respect, but as it turns out they get far, far too much of it.

Sparty on, dudes!!
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 06-20-2006, 10:34 AM   #5
Schmidty
Coordinator

Fuck that shit.
Old 06-20-2006, 10:37 AM   #6
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Just think of all those beautiful couches that would still be with us today if it wasn't for those stupid, over-rating pollsters!
Old 06-20-2006, 10:57 AM   #7
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Much as I hate the Spartans, I really don't think they deserve this billing. My guess is that if they included years in which teams were not ranked in preseason, but ranked in postseason (as opposed to just ranked in preseason, not ranked in postseason), they would do better. I think this is happening because the Spartans are off-and-on; they'll put together a good year, get ranked in preseason the next year, then suck.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote