Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-08-2005, 05:39 PM   #1
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Did Tony Kornheiser get suspended?

So after putting up with weeks and weeks of guest hosts they bring Jay Marioitti last week who makes Steven A. Smith look personable and calm. So I decide that it is about time to give up on PTI and then statboy mentions that Jay will be back on Around the Horn next week. (Sorry to all of the loyal Around the Horn watchers about his return. Him and Woody Paige are absolute jackoffs) So today I tivo PTI and come home ready to watch and Bob Ryan is co-hosting? Is this just a long vacation or did Kornhieser do something on his radio show again to piss off the brass? I know that he can be pretty pompous himself, but his chemistry with Wilbon is unbelivable. And sorry ESPN you can't just bring in a random sportswriter and keep doing the show. End rant.

So, what gives? Am I alone in this opinion?

panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 05:44 PM   #2
digamma
Torchbearer

I always think listening to Mariotti is pretty funny. I mean, he's sitting there with his head shoved so far up Michael Jordan's ass, you can barely understand him.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 05:48 PM   #3
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

I am most amused by his opinions on steriods and how everyone out there wants a witch hunt of all of the athletes. Yet baseball attendance seems to be doing just fine. Maybe if you yell a little louder Jay more people will listen.

Last edited by panerd : 08-08-2005 at 05:48 PM.
Old 08-08-2005, 05:58 PM   #4
Bee
Pro Starter

I think he's on vacation because he hasn't been on his radio show for weeks and it's no longer through ESPN (It's local, so ESPN couldn't suspend him from it). I'd rather have a guest host than the stupid "Best of" that's been playing on the radio for the last couple weeks.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 06:04 PM   #5
QuikSand
lolzcat

On his local radio show, he anounced that he was taking a vacation - this is week two of it. It comes on the heels of another time away, but I don't think there's any discipline from the worldwide leader involved.
QuikSand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 06:09 PM   #6
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

it's actually made ATH watchable lately. Mariotti is an absolute douchebag on that show. Woody Paige is a trainwreck as well...it amazes me that the two biggest idiots on that show are the ones who are on all the time. I would definitely watch more if there was less Mariotti and Paige.

I kind of like the rotating anchors on PTI (Stephan A Smith gets an automatic channel change, though). Ryan and Michael Smith have been pretty good (Smith especially).
Old 08-08-2005, 06:15 PM   #7
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger
it's actually made ATH watchable lately. Mariotti is an absolute douchebag on that show. Woody Paige is a trainwreck as well...it amazes me that the two biggest idiots on that show are the ones who are on all the time. I would definitely watch more if there was less Mariotti and Paige.

I kind of like the rotating anchors on PTI (Stephan A Smith gets an automatic channel change, though). Ryan and Michael Smith have been pretty good (Smith especially).

I did like Michael Smith's run a lot and even though I have always hated Jason Whitlock (he has a lot of bad history with Mizzou fans) he did gain a lot of respect from me during his co-hosting slot. But Steven Smith and Jay Mariotti are just awful and the only thing I like about Dan Lebatard is when he gets all sorts of shit for being hated. Why doesn't statboy just fill in as a guest host? He isn't too bad on around the horn. I sometimes feel like Kornheiser doesn't like him much and kind of holds him down from going any higher on PTI.
Old 08-08-2005, 08:21 PM   #8
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Official PTI Sub-host Rankings(tm)

These people are horrible and induce immediate channel change/TiVo delete:
Woody Paige (while I have never seen him on the show, he gets a special honor because he sucks so freaking bad)
Stephen A. Smith
Skip Bayless

I will watch, but likely not enjoy their bit:
Jason Whitlock (though I greatly enjoyed his piece on how great a sports city Detroit is)
Steve Mariotti

Acceptable substitutes, but not the real thing:
Bob Ryan
Michael Smith
Norman Chad
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 08:36 PM   #9
Easy Mac

Bob Ryan is horrible, if for the only reason he can't put together coherent sentences. He's slowly falling into his "pete Gammons" phase. I honestly can't understand what Gammons is trying to say when he's on TV. If he doesn't have it directly in front of him on paper, he's lost. He's less inteligible than John Kruk. I think he needs to hang it up and get away from the camera... just stick to the papers.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 09:36 PM   #10
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue
Official PTI Sub-host Rankings(tm)

Woody Paige (while I have never seen him on the show, he gets a special honor because he sucks so freaking bad)
Stephen A. Smith
Skip Bayless

I will watch, but likely not enjoy their bit:
Jason Whitlock (though I greatly enjoyed his piece on how great a sports city Detroit is)
Steve Mariotti

Bob Ryan
Michael Smith
Norman Chad

Jay Mariotti (He gets angry and has an attitude with Wilbon. Wilbon is the very reason that shows like Around the Horn exist and people like Mariotti are able to pull in more than 35K a year)
Steven A. Smith & Skip Bayless (No comment needed)
Josh Elliot (possibly worse than the two above. Luckily very rarely on)

I will watch, but likely not enjoy their bit::
Bob Ryan (I like the show enough to watch it even with this putz on it)
Jason Whitlock (Like I said in an earlier post, he really isn't bad but the guy relentlessly attacks my favorite college, Mizzou, in his real job)

Michael Smith
David Aldridge (not bad, but I know when he is on they are going to be talking A LOT of NBA.)

Why not just have stat-boy fill in when one of the hosts is out? Is his 50/50 segment that irreplacable?
Old 08-08-2005, 09:46 PM   #11
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

btw, what's the deal with Mariotti's eyebrows? he looks like a 60 year old Jewish woman