Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-02-2005, 08:30 AM   #1
QuikSand
lolzcat

MI-5 on A&E

Well, after a recent "marathon" of episodes from last season, I stocked up the TiVo with MI-5, and am now sufficiently into the show to become a fairly interested follower.

As of yet, I haven't gotten up to this year's episodes... but I think I now only have two or three left from last season's run. (So, please, if you're going to post plot spoilers, label them)

Overall, I'm finding the show to be pretty rewarding -- most of the stories are self-contained, pretty well drawn, and the acting is pretty good. If spy stories and cops-and-robbers stuff is your cup of tea, this show is probably worth a look. (It's a re-port of a British show about intelligence officers... it's interesting that you can see the background lettering of "Spooks" (the British title) in the opening sequence, followed by the Americanized title "MI-5" superimposed afterwards)

I am generally not much of a fan of the "soap opera" elements of television shows, but I feel like that side of things has been interesting -- especially to the extent that it mostly connects back to the stresses that the MI-5 agents themselves endure as part of the job.

Any other fans here?

QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 08:34 AM   #2
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/~fof/for...highlight=mi-5
Old 02-02-2005, 08:36 AM   #3
QuikSand
lolzcat

Wow, that's even where I heard about the marathon, it seems. I really have no excuse for starting my own thread, I guess. Just didn't recall that it came from here... no malice intended.
Old 02-02-2005, 08:39 AM   #4
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Oh hell QS, I was ribbing you, not ripping you. Another MI-5 thread is fine by me, one of the best damned shows on TV in years.
Old 02-02-2005, 01:55 PM   #5
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA
Oh hell QS, I was ribbing you, not ripping you. Another MI-5 thread is fine by me, one of the best damned shows on TV in years.

im a watcher now too although GF doesnt like it.....so its a solo thing

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 03:09 PM   #6
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186
im a watcher now too although GF doesnt like it.....so its a solo thing

It didn't take with Mrs. Q either, so I am flying solo here, too. Mrs. Q does get my Lost-like debriefings of the soap opera elements, though -- she has a modest interest in whom Tom is sleeping with as time goes on.