Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-06-2005, 09:01 PM   #1
damnMikeBrown
College Benchwarmer

I'm a pathetic sick person

Here it is. I'm whining.

I'm sick. I've got strep throat.

It started past tuesday and weds, with cold like symptoms. Thursday gave me a tingle in my throat. This is a yearly thing for me, and this year I just don't have the time to get sick, so I go to the Univ health center.

Sure enough, it's strep. They note that I was in at the end of the summer with the same thing. The first antibiotic they gave me didn't kill it, so it came back fiercely two days after I finished the first course. The second course, they said they called out the "big guns" and those guns killed it.

Back to present. So on thursday is the -beginning- of my tickle. I feel poorly, but not beat up sick, I have what they termed more "big gun" antibiotics (AMOX TR-K CLV 875-125mg T). They are HUGE pills. I literally asked if they were sure if that they were oral. They're that big. Take those babies twice a day.

All weekend I'm sick. Sick, getting sicker. Fever unbelievable...sweats, delusional dreams, awfull strep throat sort of stuff. No fear though, right? Cought it early, it should be ok real soon? No. . .

It's not going away. I take a gram of ibuprofen, yes a gram (I'm close to 220lbs), and felt ok enough to take a car ride with my lovely girl friend to Wallmart to buy a thermometer, Tums, and Sepacol. The result of my massive ibupfrofen intake as measured by my handy dandy new thermometer (90minutes post ibuprofen)? My temp was all the way down to 102.0. This was the best I've felt all week end. Note, the dosing on the ibuprofen has been 800mg-1g all weekend, every 2.5-4hrs. It feels like it takes an hour to kick in, then wears off sometimes as fast as 75 minutes later.

I puked acid from my stomach last night (reason for the tums) so now my throat is just wasted.

I'm miserable.

How freaking long are these larger than life antibiotics supposed to take to actually help heal me?

It sounds absurd, but I actually feel better being able to quantify my feelings with the thermometer.

Sorry for the pathetic post, but, well, I am rather pathetic at the moment.

damnMikeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 09:55 PM   #2
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

oh now, now I've read this thread I'm surely gonna catch it, then the wife will get it, then the kids will get it. I HATE YOU!!!

Sorry you're feeling this bad dude. Hope you get better soon.

FM
Old 02-07-2005, 08:43 AM   #3
hhiipp
College Prospect

At least your Hattrick team didn't lose.. oh ... wait.........
hhiipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 10:45 AM   #4
finketr
College Prospect

dMB,

i hear ya...

I got sick (cold or flu) 2+ weeks ago...

i stayed home from work for 5 days drinking orange/grapefruit juice and chicken noodle soup... and slept about 12 hours/day. Ask TK, she'll tell you. i hate being sick.
finketr is offline   Reply With Quote