Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-22-2008, 07:03 AM   #1
Supermercado
n00b

My first playoff game

It took six seasons, but I finally got the Falcons into the playoffs (hey, I'm new at this alright? ). Despite having rolled the Giants during the season I went in 6 point underdogs. With no decent quarterback but a decent defence it was always going to be a difficult assignment.

The Giants had me all day, and my only touchdown had been via a fumble recovery. Then we have what will be forever known as "The Minute"

4-4-ATL42 (4Q: 01:04) Mitch Doyle punted 30 yards. Norman Lucas called for a fair catch at the ATL12.
1-10-ATL12 (4Q: 00:53) William Porter pass was thrown incomplete, intended for TE Martrez Milner. The quarterback threw away from the double coverage. PENALTY: New York was called for Unnecessary Roughness.
1-10-ATL27 (4Q: 00:47) William Porter pass completed to TE Martrez Milner for 9 yards. The receiver went out of bounds. Tackled by S Gibril Wilson.
2-1-ATL36 (4Q: 00:38) William Porter pass fell incomplete, intended for WR Laurent Robinson. ILB Derrick Browning hurried the quarterback into a bad throw.
3-1-ATL36 (4Q: 00:28) William Porter pass completed to WR Laurent Robinson for 41 yards. Tackled by S Dusty Gogan. The quarterback threw away from the double coverage.
1-10-NYK23 (4Q: 00:11) William Porter spiked the ball to stop the clock.
2-10-NYK23 (4Q: 00:06) William Porter pass completed to WR Kelly Lew for 23 yards and a TOUCHDOWN! Lew gained 1 yard after the catch. Atlanta 25, New York 24
(4Q: 00:06) Jerious Norwood ran for the two-point conversion and failed. He was tackled by Osi Umenyiora.
Final Score: Atlanta Falcons 25, New York Giants 24

William Porter - I'll never say anything terrible about you and your 39/39 rating again.

Next stop - away to the 14-2 Vikings. I think it's fair to say that it will be sayonara to my season then unless I can pull off the second biggest miracle of all time.

P.S - A competitive 14-28 loss to end the season, but with my star LT doing his knee and being out until the end of next season I'm not sure whether I really wanted to beat the Giants now

Last edited by Supermercado : 01-22-2008 at 07:23 AM.
Supermercado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 01:01 PM   #2
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

Sounded like a pretty nerve wrecking game! Congrats!

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote