Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-21-2003, 03:08 PM   #1
kcchief19
Pro Starter

MU-UNC Greensboro

So normally I wouldn't be that excited about an out of conference game like this, but there is some added interest in this game from the fact that this is the first game for Conley and Pulley.

The first half had plenty of offense, unfortunately for both teams 52-43. The Tigers looked better on offense than they have all season, suggesting that missing Conley and Pulley hurt this team's chemistry. I haven't seen enough of Pulley to make a judgement yet, but Conley has had some real nice moments. I can see why he and Paulding have massive one-on-one battles in practice. Conley and Johnson ran a little give-and-go that was probably the prettiest two-man game I've seen in college since Shaq and Penny Hardaway in "Blue Chips."

The Tigers are using their depth -- 11 guys played in the first half -- so I imagine they will extend this out more comfortably in the second half. Kleiza is once again impressive -- 14 points, maybe 3 or 4 rebounds in just 10 minutes in the first half.

The defense has to improve. If the defense improves, this team will be as good as we all thought they could be. I guess we'll also find out more Tuesday night in St. Louis.

kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote