Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-10-2003, 01:00 PM   #1
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

College Athlete Behavior Challenge

I have a bunch of athletes staying in my redsidence halls each summer. When they are in camp, I am the only halls open, so I get several teams and sports.

Which sport's athletes are the best behaved and the worst? For fun, I also included band, which I also have most members of.

So, here is your challenge. Below you will find a list of sports and the band. Order them 1-5 where 1 is the BEST behaved and 5 is the WORST behaved. They will initially be in alphabetical order. Remember, you are ranking 1-5, best through worst in behavior in my halls.

Band
Basketball
Cheerleader
Football
Rowing

So, which do you think are the best behaved? Which are the worst? Post your order below.

On August 13, sometime during the day, I will post the actual order

Good Luck Gentlemen.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2003, 01:06 PM   #2
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

1. Rowing
2. Basketball
3. Football
4. Cheerleader
5. Band
Old 08-10-2003, 01:15 PM   #3
sooner333
College Starter

from best to worst

Football
Basketball
Cheerleader
Rowing
Band
sooner333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2003, 01:21 PM   #4
SteelerFan448
High School JV

What exactly do you mean by behavior, like trouble making or something else? But for now:

Rowing
Cheerleading
Basketball
Band
Football
Old 08-10-2003, 01:23 PM   #5
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Cheerleading
Rowing
Football
Band
Basketball
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2003, 01:25 PM   #6
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by SteelerFan448
What exactly do you mean by behavior, like trouble making or something else?

Since I run a three bulding complex, I have to deal with judical issues, complaints, idiots, and so forth. So, I include noise problems, how rude or polite they behave, how idiotic they are ("I dropped my keys down the Elevator Shaft! Again..."), how many judicial hearings I have to have about stuff minor and major, and so forth. In other words, of these five groups, what does their summative behavior like? You will be surprised by some, but not others.

-Anxiety

Old 08-10-2003, 03:43 PM   #7
The_herd
College Starter

Basketball
Football
Rowing
Cheerleader
Band
Old 08-10-2003, 06:00 PM   #8
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

If I'm reading this right, we're ranking them on a least PITA to biggest PITA basis, so I'll go with ...

1) Football
2) Band
3) Cheerleader
4) Rowing
5) Basketball
Old 08-10-2003, 06:03 PM   #9
sony
High School JV

1 Basketbal
2 Cheerleader
3 Rowing
4 Band
5 Football

Band
Basketball
Cheerleader
Football
Rowing
sony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2003, 06:23 PM   #10
Celeval
Pro Starter

Football
Rowing
Basketball
Cheerleader
Band
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2003, 06:37 PM   #11
Swaggs
Coordinator

1. Rowing
2. Band
3. Basketball
4. Cheerleader
5. Football
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2003, 07:13 PM   #12
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

Rowing
Football
Cheerleader
Basketball
Band
VPI97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2003, 03:46 PM   #13
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Bump.

Anybody else wanna get in on this?

-Anxiety

Old 08-12-2003, 04:18 PM   #14
Buzzbee
College Starter

I'll give it a stab, AND with explanations.

1 ) Band - Don't know the size of the band, but by sheer numbers you would probably get the most complaints (more chance for personality conflicts). Plus band members tend to need more creative outlets, hence more practical jokes and conflicts.

2) Football - High levels of testosterone packed in a small living space = great potential for clashes. Plus, I would imagine that football players have a Big Man On Campus attitude that might lead to problems.

3) Cheerleaders - Much room for pettiness and feminine politics. Plus they also might have an attitude similar to the football players - BWOC.

4) Basketball - Probably keep to themselves for the most part. There aren't that many of them. I also imagine they spend a decent amount of time at the gym/courts/athletic center and thus less time in the dorms.

5) Rowing - They enjoy sitting in a boat, rocking back and forth. Not exactly the type I would picture as being too rambunctious.

Of course I'm probably totally wrong and WAY off base, but it was fun trying.

Last edited by Buzzbee : 08-12-2003 at 04:18 PM.
Buzzbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2003, 05:04 PM   #15
KWhit
Coordinator

From 1=Best to 5=Worst. I do have a reasoning behind this, believe it or not.

1 Football
2 Basketball
3 Rowing
4 Cheerleading
5 Band
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2003, 06:10 PM   #16
Iceberg
H.S. Freshman Team

Rowing
Football
Band
Basketball
Cheerleading
Iceberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2003, 07:04 PM   #17
nilodor
College Benchwarmer

Basketball
Football
Rowing
Band
Cheerleading
nilodor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2003, 12:10 AM   #18
damnMikeBrown
College Benchwarmer

1) Band- Their numbers and the lack of a strict...what am I looking for..enforcement or punishment should word leak back to their coaches.

2) Cheerleading- Women. Can't trust 'em.

3) Football- It's just the sheer numbers here. Again, coaches hear bad things, and bad things happen to them.

4) Rowing- I really have no idea. Most places it's a club sport kind of thing. If that's the case, then depending on their numbers, they may take the 3rd spot.

5) Basketball- Only 15 or so guys, plus the coach factor.
damnMikeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2003, 08:04 PM   #19
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I love how some people tried to outthink the question. Sometimes you were right, many times you were wrong. It was great! The answers, from best behaved to worst:

1). Basketball - I have a large number of the players on the team, and they are, without a doubt, the most respectful, polite, gentlemanly players around. From the top with Ohio Mr. Basketball and star of the team through a benchwarmer, these are men, not boys. And Basketball is the one area where our school is halfway decent in athletics, too, so the atheletes here would have the most cause to be arrogant and such. But they aren't. And these are Ohio and Detroit people, not the ones you would normally associate with manners and such. I am still amazed.

2). Rowing - Although there are a couple of preppy people who are rowers and think they are their deity's gift to my complex, for the most part the rowers are quiet, keep to themselves, or very active and go to programs and such. Either way, the rowers are rarely a problem, unless one of the preps gets in trouble. THen it's not pretty.

3). Cheerleading - I have a bunch of the cheerleaders in my halls, and even had one on my staff. They are usually polite and good citizens, but they also have this annoying tendancy to make a bunch of noise. They hang out in groups of people on a regular basis, and are often where noise and parties are. As such, I find myself and my staff busting cheerleaders with decent regularity.

4). Band - Band people are simply a hassle to deal with. In fact, I probably have the same number of band residents as I do Basketball residents (those who thought basketball was small probably forgot about a women's team). Yet, the band residents are always wanting special priveleges and they can just get annoying. They want to move in early, want to stay late, want to play their music loudly, never want to come to programs, never become a part of our community by sticking with themselves, and so forth. Annoying. I'd do away with them all if I could. But they are not HALF as bad as the worst group on campus....

5). Football players. Man are they nasty. They walk around like they literally own the place, despite records of 3-8, 2-9, 0-11 on a regular basis. I'll document one for marijuana use, and I'm a "racist." I have kicked out four or five football players over the past two years. I've maybe kicked out 7 or 8 other residents. And the football players are maybe 20-35 of my residents delending on the time of year. I have had judicial issues with them for theft, harassment, drugs, alcohol, and vandalism. They'll also protect each other like the mafia. I'll ask one who that person was who just pissed on a female resident's door. If it's another football player, then they won't no ro say anything, even if they were there rooting the guy on. No group is more seditious, arrogant, tempermental, and disdainful than the football players.

Thanks for participating!!!

-Anxiety

Old 08-13-2003, 08:06 PM   #20
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Oh, forgot to mention, Sony was the closest to the correct answers, so he wins!!!!!

Congrats Sony.

-Anxiety

Old 08-13-2003, 08:33 PM   #21
ice4277
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Anxiety
5). Football players. Man are they nasty. They walk around like they literally own the place, despite records of 3-8, 2-9, 0-11 on a regular basis. I'll document one for marijuana use, and I'm a "racist." I have kicked out four or five football players over the past two years. I've maybe kicked out 7 or 8 other residents. And the football players are maybe 20-35 of my residents delending on the time of year. I have had judicial issues with them for theft, harassment, drugs, alcohol, and vandalism. They'll also protect each other like the mafia. I'll ask one who that person was who just pissed on a female resident's door. If it's another football player, then they won't no ro say anything, even if they were there rooting the guy on. No group is more seditious, arrogant, tempermental, and disdainful than the football players.

-Anxiety

This doesn't surprise me, its probably like this at most colleges, but when I think about how piss-poor Eastern's football program is, it makes me laugh. Maybe if the team got its shit together they might manage to win a game against a I-A opponent this year. I think they are due for a coaching change after this season. Such nice facilities and a close proximity to some pretty fertile recruiting grounds should result in better records than they've had.
ice4277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2003, 09:57 PM   #22
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by ice4277
This doesn't surprise me, its probably like this at most colleges, but when I think about how piss-poor Eastern's football program is, it makes me laugh. Maybe if the team got its shit together they might manage to win a game against a I-A opponent this year. I think they are due for a coaching change after this season. Such nice facilities and a close proximity to some pretty fertile recruiting grounds should result in better records than they've had.

Of course, Detroit ballers have an attitude - simple as that. Which is why I am always impressed with how genteel the b-ball team is here.

-Anxiety

Old 08-14-2003, 09:15 AM   #23
ice4277
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Anxiety
Of course, Detroit ballers have an attitude - simple as that. Which is why I am always impressed with how genteel the b-ball team is here.

-Anxiety

That's why I think coaching has a lot to do with things like that; you can get away with an undisciplined team if you are winning, but if you are losing, it will come back to get you.
ice4277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2003, 09:28 AM   #24
tucker342
Pro Starter

Besides basketball players being the best, that list doesn't really surprise me....
tucker342 is offline   Reply With Quote