Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-09-2004, 07:35 AM   #1
dan_garlick
n00b

FOF Preseason :How Much Playtime for Starters?

In FOF 2k4 if you don't play the starters at all during the preseason exhibition games will their ratings drop.I would like to play only my second and third stringers exclusively 50%-50% to develop them.But I worry that if I don't give my starters some playing time there abilities will drop.I saw this somewhere on the board before but I can't remember what was the deal.Also, the play time numbers correlate to what in actual playtime?For example is 1 going to mean a 50% -50% split or would a 5 setting be appropriate.One more question has anyone noticed on third down the game won't put the third down back into the game sometimes.Thanks.

Last edited by dan_garlick : 01-09-2004 at 08:23 AM.
dan_garlick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 08:29 AM   #2
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

-- No drop that I've noticed, and my key players only play the final pre-season game of the year. On the other hand, I don't believe I've ever noticed any improvement in my reserves even if they play every snap of the pre-season.

-- re: 3rd down back: have you checked the settings for the 3rd down back in different formations? Sometimes the 3rd down back is overriden by another selection on a formation basis.
Old 01-09-2004, 08:46 AM   #3
corbes
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally posted by JonInMiddleGA
-- No drop that I've noticed, and my key players only play the final pre-season game of the year. On the other hand, I don't believe I've ever noticed any improvement in my reserves even if they play every snap of the pre-season.

Jon-

I only play my key starters in one preseason game, too, but I play them in the first preseason game. That way, if they get dinged up, they can recover in time to start the season.
corbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 11:21 AM   #4
Leonidas
College Benchwarmer

The only drawback I've seen to not using starters in preseason is you will have lower cohesion ratings. If my team manages to stay fairly healthy, I find it takes about week 8 for the cohesion to kick in and I notice the team play better. This especially applies to the O and D lines.
Old 01-09-2004, 12:24 PM   #5
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by JonInMiddleGA
On the other hand, I don't believe I've ever noticed any improvement in my reserves even if they play every snap of the pre-season.

Younger players definitely improve with pre-season playing time. Pretty much any player with any green left will benefit from playing time.

I'll be happy to post some screenshots supporting my claims tomorrow.

Last edited by cthomer5000 : 01-09-2004 at 12:24 PM.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2004, 10:02 AM   #6
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Ok, some screenshots to prove it's at least worth playing the young guys in the pre-season. The first set of skills is before the preseason, the second set is immediately after.

cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote