sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 07:55 PM   #2
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

wow the saints are fired up.
Old 09-25-2006, 07:55 PM   #3
miami_fan
Coordinator

Way to script that beginning out, Mr David Stern.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 07:56 PM   #4
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Was quite a fun way to start

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Old 09-25-2006, 08:16 PM   #5
miami_fan
Coordinator

Did neither team do a walk though at the Superdome prior to today?
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 09-25-2006, 08:26 PM   #6
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Absolutely gorgeous play call

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Old 09-25-2006, 08:27 PM   #7
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Yep. Great gameplan for the Saints so far.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 08:32 PM   #8
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

GREAT defensive gameplan, there really getting to the outside, and keying on crumpler, there gonna have to force vick to throw to the wideouts
Old 09-25-2006, 08:35 PM   #9
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

I thought the Saints would be fired up, but not like this. 14-3 in the 1st is crazy.

Stat just came up, first time NO has scored 2 TD at home in the first quarter since '98. Wow.

I didn't start Bush or Brees in my fantasy league, so we'll see how they do
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 08:44 PM   #10
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

i wish Thiesman would shut up
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 08:45 PM   #11
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

ohh great, a "celebrity" in the booth. im changing the channel
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 08:46 PM   #12
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Turn the sound down and listen to the game on the radio.

That team does a better job.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 08:49 PM   #13
mrsimperless
College Prospect

I think Spike Lee was about to punch Tony when he touched his leg. Or maybe he liked it. That was very awkward for me.
Old 09-25-2006, 08:50 PM   #14
Groundhog
Coordinator

Ping: Atlanta's run defense

You guys are needed.
Old 09-25-2006, 08:51 PM   #15
dime
High School JV

that was kind of brutal...spike lee seems very inarticulate. maybe he's nervous?
dime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 08:52 PM   #16
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

One of the guys on Atlanta sports radio nailed it earlier in the week...there was zero chance the Falcons would win this game due to all the stuff going on. The only thing I wonder is who Arthur Blank pissed off to get us scheduled against the Saints this week.
VPI97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 08:53 PM   #17
mrsimperless
College Prospect

Tony just touched him again! For the love man, stop it!!
Old 09-25-2006, 08:53 PM   #18
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic View Post
Turn the sound down and listen to the game on the radio.

That team does a better job.

Some of us don't get that option either!
Old 09-25-2006, 08:55 PM   #19
Warhammer
Pro Starter

I am getting absolutely sick and tired of people talking about how the government needs to do more for NO. Look dammit, Katrina devastated the Gulf Coast of MS and did a lot more damage there. Half of the problems in NO were due to the people and local government in LA. I wish people would stop talking about what the government is going to do for them, and just do what the people in MS have been doing and do something for themselves.

Sorry for the rant, but this stuff has been pissing me off lately.
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 08:56 PM   #20
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

Looks like a clear tip, unless you're an Oregon replay official.
Vegas Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 08:57 PM   #21
miami_fan
Coordinator

I did not know that could be challenged
Old 09-25-2006, 08:58 PM   #22
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPI97 View Post
One of the guys on Atlanta sports radio nailed it earlier in the week...there was zero chance the Falcons would win this game due to all the stuff going on. The only thing I wonder is who Arthur Blank pissed off to get us scheduled against the Saints this week.

That's bullshit. I don't buy that excuse at all. These guys are professionals. Atlanta is just playing shitty, but don't blame it on the off the field stuff. The Saints want it more.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 09:01 PM   #23
Tigercat
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post
I am getting absolutely sick and tired of people talking about how the government needs to do more for NO. Look dammit, Katrina devastated the Gulf Coast of MS and did a lot more damage there. Half of the problems in NO were due to the people and local government in LA. I wish people would stop talking about what the government is going to do for them, and just do what the people in MS have been doing and do something for themselves.

Sorry for the rant, but this stuff has been pissing me off lately.

You do realize there are plenty of poor areas of MS with no development going on? Now, there are 10x more people without help in N.O. The difference is the number of people we are talking about. Thats why you don't hear more people bitching about MS, if they had the same population number as adversely affected, people would be bitching about them too.

It has nothing to do with local government, it has everything to do with a massive disaster. Debate if the federal government should have done more or should do more all you want, but don't play harsh judge over people who have been through hell if you haven't lived in it and next to them.

(And I have with people from both Louisiana and MS with family in both areas.)
Tigercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 09:03 PM   #24
mtolson
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Vic View Post
Looks like a clear tip, unless you're an Oregon replay official.

Yes, it was a tip. But when I paused my DVR it shows Bush getting knocked of course while the ball is in the air. Surprised they missed this.
mtolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 09:04 PM   #25
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRoxDVHStyle View Post
That's bullshit. I don't buy that excuse at all. These guys are professionals. Atlanta is just playing shitty, but don't blame it on the off the field stuff. The Saints want it more.
Yeah, you're right...emotion, momentum & adrenaline in professional sports is all a myth. Good call.
Old 09-25-2006, 09:04 PM   #26
miami_fan
Coordinator

I thought this was a football thread. I can't bitch about ABC not covering the game if FOFC can't do the same
Old 09-25-2006, 09:06 PM   #27
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Yeah, you're right...emotion, momentum & adrenaline in professional sports is all a myth. Good call.

If Atlanta can't get up knowing what the Saints will be about then they're not a good team. If Atlanta played with their energy they should win, they are supposed to be more talented. That's no ones fault but their own. Emotion, momentum and adrenaline are an advantage but talent is the equalizer.
Old 09-25-2006, 09:10 PM   #28
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
You do realize there are plenty of poor areas of MS with no development going on? Now, there are 10x more people without help in N.O. The difference is the number of people we are talking about. Thats why you don't hear more people bitching about MS, if they had the same population number as adversely affected, people would be bitching about them too.

It has nothing to do with local government, it has everything to do with a massive disaster. Debate if the federal government should have done more or should do more all you want, but don't play harsh judge over people who have been through hell if you haven't lived in it and next to them.

(And I have with people from both Louisiana and MS with family in both areas.)

I do business in both areas and have yet to hear any one in MS bitch about how the government isn't helping them. I deal with a lot of the people that are responsible for the water systems in the areas and have yet to hear any of the bitching and moaning in MS that you hear in LA.

Also, the MS Gulf Coast area still has 250,000+ people, so its not exactly small potatoes.
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 09:11 PM   #29
JeeberD
General Manager

Yay Brian Young!

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 09:14 PM   #30
Galaxy
Coordinator

Let's leave the New Orleans/Gov't stuff out of this thread (start a new one if you want).
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 09:14 PM   #31
Tigercat
College Starter

Visit areas along the coast of Waveland and Biloxi before and after the storm and in the poorest areas you will see areas with as little progress as the 9th ward. Again, yes you don't hear them bitching on a national scale because they don't have the same number of voices. (There is no massive urban area in MS that was whiped out like in Louisiana.)
Old 09-25-2006, 09:15 PM   #32
Galaxy
Coordinator

WOW
Old 09-25-2006, 09:15 PM   #33
mtolson
H.S. Freshman Team

This field is terrible. It's only a matter of time before we see a torn ligament.
mtolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 09:16 PM   #34
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

Quote:
If Atlanta can't get up knowing what the Saints will be about then they're not a good team. If Atlanta played with their energy they should win, they are supposed to be more talented. That's no ones fault but their own. Emotion, momentum and adrenaline are an advantage but talent is the equalizer.
Based on the game I'm watching, I'm fairly certain that you have no idea what you're talking about.
Old 09-25-2006, 09:17 PM   #35
Tigercat
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
Let's leave the New Orleans/Gov't stuff out of this thread (start a new one if you want).

Believe me, as a Saints fan I would want nothing more. But what can you do when someone who doesn't live down here takes a swipe at you, your city, your neighbors, and your family?

But yea, the Saints are kicking some ass, so its all good.

Last edited by Tigercat : 09-25-2006 at 09:18 PM.
Old 09-25-2006, 09:19 PM   #36
mrsimperless
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtolson View Post
This field is terrible. It's only a matter of time before we see a torn ligament.

Isn't it field turf? I thought that stuff was supposed to be pretty good. The Colts installed it last year and I haven't heard anything but good things about it, especially compared to Concrete(Astro)Turf. I'm sure it's not as good as grass, I did think it was the next best thing.

I do agree that it looks crappy. I just don't understand why.
Old 09-25-2006, 09:20 PM   #37
Galaxy
Coordinator

The halftime isn't going to be "expanded" is it?
Old 09-25-2006, 09:21 PM   #38
JeeberD
General Manager

What it sounds like is that the Field Turf is too new and hasn't had a chance to settle yet. Therefore, the turf is way too loose and it's difficult for the players to gain traction...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 09:21 PM   #39
Tigercat
College Starter

What will be lost in this game regardless of the outcome is that this Saints team is pretty good. Very well coached and some pretty good talent. The biggest weakness is at DB, but outside of Steve Smith, I am not sure who in the division will really be able to exploit that.

Last edited by Tigercat : 09-25-2006 at 09:21 PM.
Old 09-25-2006, 09:23 PM   #40
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

saints kinda remind me of the panthers superbowl team a couple years back... not saying thats where there headed. but a similar team I think.
Old 09-25-2006, 09:25 PM   #41
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

WOW carney murdered that ball!
Old 09-25-2006, 09:26 PM   #42
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Based on the game I'm watching, I'm fairly certain that you have no idea what you're talking about.

The Falcons still can execute. If they get open and Vick makes the throws, the crowd can't defend that. It doesn't turn 53 guys into a Superhero. Seems like Atlanta is just looking for excuses which is bullshit. The Saints are playing well. The Falcons are not playing well. Mora is being out coached horribly. That has NOTHING to do with the crowd or the circumstances.
Old 09-25-2006, 09:27 PM   #43
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
What will be lost in this game regardless of the outcome is that this Saints team is pretty good. Very well coached and some pretty good talent. The biggest weakness is at DB, but outside of Steve Smith, I am not sure who in the division will really be able to exploit that.

Agreed. I honestly thought the Saints weren't as good as the Falcons before this game. I know momentum, emotion, etc are helping the Saints tonight significantly, but the Saints are showing they are a better team than I thought they were. I thought they only won the first 2 games because of weak teams, but this win isn't just a slight lead, but a complete ass kicking.

Of course, I still hope the Eagles crush them in a few weeks

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 09-25-2006 at 09:28 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 09:30 PM   #44
LloydLungs
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Agreed. I honestly thought the Saints weren't as good as the Falcons before this game. I know momentum, emotion, etc are helping the Saints tonight significantly, but the Saints are showing they are a better team than I thought they were.

I still think the Falcons are better, but I really think the Saints have got themselves a coach. The Haslettian 12-men-on-the-field-after-a-timeout notwithstanding.

Tigercat, thank you so much for speaking up for New Orleans. I'm just not in the mood tonight to argue this.
LloydLungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 09:30 PM   #45
mrsimperless
College Prospect

Quote:
The Falcons still can execute. If they get open and Vick makes the throws, the crowd can't defend that. It doesn't turn 53 guys into a Superhero. Seems like Atlanta is just looking for excuses which is bullshit. The Saints are playing well. The Falcons are not playing well. Mora is being out coached horribly. That has NOTHING to do with the crowd or the circumstances.

Who from the Falcons was making excuses?
Old 09-25-2006, 09:34 PM   #46
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsimperless View Post
Who from the Falcons was making excuses?

Refering to the city of Atlanta/Fans from a previous post about how "there is no way the Falcons can win this game".
Old 09-25-2006, 09:34 PM   #47
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Oh, come on... you can't diminish the effect this home field crowd and emotion have on the Saints. The Saints are a good team, but this event is really playing a very big role in this game. Remember the Saints barely beat Cleveland and Green Bay, while Atlanta blew out Carolina and Tampa Bay. Unless you think Cleveland and Green Bay are better than Carolina and Tampa, then you have to admit the home field is playing a pretty big role here (otherwise, I think it'd be a much closer game, with maybe a FG seperating the two teams at the half).

Last edited by ISiddiqui : 09-25-2006 at 09:35 PM.
ISiddiqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 09:35 PM   #48
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
Oh, come on... you can't diminish the effect this home field crowd and emotion have on the Saints. The Saints are a good team, but this event is really playing a very big role in this game. Remember the Saints barely beat Cleveland and Green Bay, while Atlanta blew out Carolina and Tampa Bay. Unless you think Cleveland and Green Bay are better than Carolina and Tampa, then you have to admit the home field is playing a pretty big role here.

Yes but for someone to say that Atlanta had no chance coming into this game because of this is ABSURD. If this were the case the Yankees would've won the 2001 World Series.
Old 09-25-2006, 09:36 PM   #49
Tigercat
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Agreed. I honestly thought the Saints weren't as good as the Falcons before this game. I know momentum, emotion, etc are helping the Saints tonight significantly, but the Saints are showing they are a better team than I thought they were. I thought they only won the first 2 games because of weak teams, but this win isn't just a slight lead, but a complete ass kicking.

Of course, I still hope the Eagles crush them in a few weeks

Yea, I would think Atlanta is better than the Saints overall this year. But not as much as some might think. IMO, Atlanta is a bit overrated.

Before tonight I thought the Saints were an 8-8 team. Could end up better record-wise, because the Saints can stop the run and again I am not sure who in the NFC South will be able to fully exploit the Saints weakness at CB. If the Saints had to play a team like Indy or the Patriots twice this year, it would be pretty ugly. Need some CBs as soon as FA starts next year.

(Eagles game could be ugly too if Mcnabb is in the groove for that one.)

Last edited by Tigercat : 09-25-2006 at 09:37 PM.
Old 09-25-2006, 09:38 PM   #50
JS19
College Prospect

Not really sure if this qualifies for this thread or not but since it happened during it this is where it's going. I believe it was Tirico who said something along the lines of "the Saints have an opportunity to do something no team has ever done, be able to play for a community that has been through such a tough time".

This pissed me off. Maybe it's bc i'm from NY and it hits close to home, but what the hell did the Mets/Yankees/Giants/Jets do when games resumed after 9/11?
JS19 is offline   Reply With Quote