Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-28-2006, 01:39 PM   #1
Darkiller
FOF2 Guy

2006 Hall of Fame Class: who will get in ?

In exactly one week from today (Sat Feb 4th), the Hall of Fame committee will vote to announce the Class of 2006, to be enshrined in Canton, Ohio.
I thought it was the right time to start discussing the finalists and their chances for induction as their names will come up for discussions next Saturday.

Intriguing questions regarding the 2006 finalists:

- Will Troy Aikman and/or Warren Moon join Steve Young and Dan Marino (2005 Inductees) as the newest quarterback members of the Hall of Fame ?

- Will Harry Carson make the Hall this time, especially since he has been finalist in each of the previous votes, and although he asked the Committes to remove his name from the ballot ?

- Will Michael Irvin get inducted, on his 2nd attempt, despite his latest (well-documented) drug issues that happened three months ago ? Irvin made the final-six list last year so he will undoubtedly be considered with a lot of attention again.

- Is Reggie White really the only “slam dunk” candidate ?

- Are Thurman Thomas & Derrick Thomas absolutely worthy HOF candidates, and will there be enough room for them this year ?

- Will Ark Monk again be snubbed after years of being a finalist and passed over by a more recent WR candidate (Irvin) ?

- Will John Madden finally make the Hall of Fame after more than 25 years of waiting (Madden is a Senior candidate now)

Listed alphabetically, the 15 finalists with their positions, teams, and years:

Troy Aikman - Quarterback - 1989-2000 Dallas Cowboys
Harry Carson - Linebacker - 1976-1988 New York Giants
L.C Greenwood - Defensive End - 1969-1981 Pittsburgh Steelers
Russ Grimm - Guard - 1981-1991 Washington Redskins
Claude Humphrey - Defensive End - 1968-1978 Atlanta Falcons, 1979-1981 Philadelphia Eagles (injured reserve - 1975)
Michael Irvin - Wide Receiver - 1988-1999 Dallas Cowboys
Bob Kuechenberg - Guard - 1970-1984 Miami Dolphins (injured reserve - 1984)
John Madden - Coach - 1969-1978 Oakland Raiders
Art Monk - Wide Receiver - 1980-1993 Washington Redskins, 1994 New York Jets, 1995 Philadelphia Eagles
Warren Moon - Quarterback - 1984-1993 Houston Oilers, 1994-1996 Minnesota Vikings, 1997-1998 Seattle Seahawks, 1999-2000 Kansas City Chiefs
Derrick Thomas - Linebacker - 1989-1999 Kansas City Chiefs
Thurman Thomas - Running Back - 1988-1999 Buffalo Bills, 2000 Miami Dolphins
Reggie White - Defensive End/Defensive Tackle - 1985-1992 Philadelphia Eagles, 1993-1998 Green Bay Packers, 2000 Carolina Panthers
Rayfield Wright - Tackle - 1967-1979 Dallas Cowboy
Gary Zimmerman - Tackle - 1986-1992 Minnesota Vikings, 1993-1997 Denver Broncos

Carson, Greenwood, Grimm, Humphrey, Irvin, Kuechenberg, Madden, Monk, Derrick Thomas, Wright, and Zimmerman have all been finalists in previous years.

So, who do you see making the Hall of Fame this year ?

My take is that after two straight 4-member classes (2004 & 2005), I would expect the 2006 class to have 5 members, including one “surprise” pick in Guard Russ Grimm.
Obviously, I would be shocked if Reggie White and/or Troy Aikman are not chosen, I think they are the same locks that Marino and Young were last year as 1st time nominees.
Warren Moon is a very interesting case because his numbers are amazing and he has had 9 Pro-Bowl selections but he never was “the” dominant QB of the NFL in any year so my guess is he will not be selected.

My prediction for this year’s class:

DE/DT Reggie White
QB Troy Aikman
Coach John Madden
WR Michael Irvin
G Russ Grimm
- Chairman of the IHOF Hall of Fame
- Athletic Director of the Brigham Young Cougars in TCY
FOF Legend: Hall of Fame QB Brock Sheriff #5, one of the most popular player in Front Office Football history.

Last edited by Darkiller : 01-29-2006 at 06:01 AM.
Darkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 01:43 PM   #2
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

I really hope Thurman Thomas makes it, he had an absolutely exceptional 5-6 years there. And his performance in Super Bowl XXV was one of the best I've ever seen by any player. He should have been MVP, even in the loss.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 01:51 PM   #3
Cuckoo
College Starter

Yeah, I think Aikman has to be a 1st ballot guy. Those that argue he shouldn't be because of playing on great teams are clueless in my opinion.

As to Irvin, I think his run-ins hurt him and he doesn't make it this time.
Old 01-28-2006, 01:55 PM   #4
JeeberD
General Manager

Troy and Mike have GOT to go in together...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 01:58 PM   #5
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Aikman is a slamdunk as well.
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 02:04 PM   #6
Dutch
"Dutch"

I'm not sure if Michael Irvin's off-field issues will have an effect for the Hall of Fame. I'm pretty sure the NFL tries to ignore off-field qualifications (or lack there of)

I going to guess-

Troy Aikman
Reggie White
John Madden
Michael Irvin
Art Monk
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 02:04 PM   #7
sabotai
General Manager

Even though Harry Carson more than deserves to be in the HOF, I don't think he makes it this time.

Reggie White
Troy Aikman
Gus Grimm
Thurman Thomas
Michael Irvin
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 02:09 PM   #8
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I don't think it will happen, Jeebs. I think Irvin's recent troubles keep him out of the hall this year. I think Aikman and White are both slamdunks to go in this year.

I agree that I don't think Moon will get in this year despite his excellent career numbers. I think Madden gets in and I think Thurman gets in.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 01-28-2006 at 02:09 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 02:22 PM   #9
Rockstar
Mascot

I'm picking

Troy Aikman
Warren Moon
Reggie White
Derrick Thomas
Art Monk
John Madden
Old 01-28-2006, 02:34 PM   #10
ShovelMonkey
H.S. Freshman Team

Warren Moon gets my vote. 3rd or 4th all time in passing yards, 9 pro bowls. Never even sniffed a championship though, that hurts him.
Old 01-28-2006, 03:28 PM   #11
thealmighty
Pro Starter

Rayfield Wright was better than Russ Grimm. Period.

Unfortunately for Cowboy fans, I don't think Irvin will make it this year. There is no way 3 Cowboys make it, if two, and I think Wright deserves the honor more than Irvin.
Old 01-28-2006, 04:31 PM   #12
Darkiller
FOF2 Guy

The things is, it's been over 25 years now for Rayfield Wright (since he is a senior candidate).
I like the fact that old-timers still have a shot, but in all truth, when you haven't made the Hall of Fame in 25 votes, it is difficult to say the guy is "more deserving than...".

I think it's good for him if he makes it and I certainly won't make a case for Michael Irvin for several reasons but I doubt that he is "more deserving" than him.
FOF Legend: Hall of Fame QB Brock Sheriff #5, one of the most popular player in Front Office Football history.
Old 01-28-2006, 06:22 PM   #13
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkiller
The things is, it's been over 25 years now for Rayfield Wright (since he is a senior candidate).
I like the fact that old-timers still have a shot, but in all truth, when you haven't made the Hall of Fame in 25 votes, it is difficult to say the guy is "more deserving than...".

Did you ever see him play? I'm guessing "no" and I haven't either. Therefore I have no clue as to whether he's more qualified. The seniors committee is there for the specific reason of putting guys who have been unjustly overlooked for so long. People tend to have pretty short memories in sports, especially when the game has changed to much that a lot of statistics now blow away guys from a different generation of the game.
Old 01-28-2006, 06:34 PM   #14
Swaggs
Coordinator

My picks:

Aikman
White
Moon
Monk
D. Thomas
Greenwood

I really believe that Moon and Monk should have been first ballot guys.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 06:37 PM   #15
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Monk: Never

And I'm going to go out on a limb and say Aikman does not make it first ballot.
Old 01-29-2006, 06:37 AM   #16
Darkiller
FOF2 Guy

Corey, I totally agree about the Senior's Committee's purpose and I am grateful they are here to suggest two finalists every year.
I never saw Rayfied Wright play "live" but I definitely saw tapes of some of his best plays and he was dominant. Still, I question how he can be passed for over 25 years and still be regarded as a "better candidate" than a guy like Irvin who finished in the top 6 last year -on his first ballot- ... Again, I'm no Irvin fan (far from that and I can tell you that I definitely support Wright's candidcacy more than Irvin's).
I am just playing devil's advocate...

Also, I believe the selectors will vote Madden in, and with this year being another crowed year, I just don't see how they can put the two old-timers in this class. This means Wright would be the odd man out.

I like your guts picking Aikman not making the Hall of Fame this year.
That would be a total shock to me if he doesn't make it, not necessarily because of what he did in football (he IS a Hall of Famer in my opinion), but because of how famous he is, the "hype" around him as Fox's leading analyst and everything...I am certain he'll make it but would "love" to be shocked !
Old 01-29-2006, 10:36 AM   #17
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthomer5000

And I'm going to go out on a limb and say Aikman does not make it first ballot.

I think you underestimate the effect that his Super Bowl appearances/wins will have on the voters.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 10:57 AM   #18
miami_fan
Coordinator

I am going to go with Aikman, Irvin, Madden, Moon, and White.
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 12:03 PM   #19
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
I think you underestimate the effect that his Super Bowl appearances/wins will have on the voters.

This is why my opinion would be considered "out on a limb." I'm just saying I have a hunch that he will barely not make it on his first ballot. He's a slam-dunk eventually (next year if not this one), but I'm just taking a stab here.
Old 01-29-2006, 12:26 PM   #20
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Who will get in this time ?
Aikman, Madden, Thomas, White
Plus Carson, Grimm, Moon all with at least a shot.

Who would I vote for (I'm guessing there's like a 5 player limit?)
Aikman, Grimm, Madden, Monk, and White.
Old 01-29-2006, 12:40 PM   #21
Hurst2112
College Starter

Aikman, White, Moon, Madden.

That's it for this year.
Hurst2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 12:49 PM   #22
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

I see Aikman, White, Thomas, and Madden making it in. Moon may make it, but if he doesn't, he'll make it next year. Also one of the old timers will get in.
Old 01-29-2006, 01:52 PM   #23
Darkiller
FOF2 Guy

To me, Warren Moon clearly is the most intriguing candidate this year.
He has all the numbers you want (Top 5 All time in every passing categories), he has an impressive collection of Pro Bowl selections (9), has played for a very long time etc...etc...

BUT, his Playoff record is abysmal (not sure he actually ever won a Playoff game in his career), you don't have a lot of memorable highlight reals of him playing (no big time moments really come to mind...), and he was never the best QB of his era nor of any single season.

I think he is such an interesting candidate because to tell you the truth, during his playing days, I never thought he'd be considered later for the Hall of Fame, and now that he is on the ballot, I see a lot of people believing he should and is likely to make it...on the first ballot nonetheless !
Old 01-29-2006, 01:56 PM   #24
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
BUT, his Playoff record is abysmal (not sure he actually ever won a Playoff game in his career)

3-7 all-time in the playoffs
Old 01-29-2006, 02:29 PM   #25
Darkiller
FOF2 Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthomer5000
3-7 all-time in the playoffs

My bad then, it's clearly better than I thought.
Old 01-29-2006, 04:08 PM   #26
miami_fan
Coordinator

I wonder how much the voters will take in to account his CFL career when they consider his status as a HOFer. I am pretty sure that will be brought up when his media rep makes his presentation next week.
Old 01-29-2006, 09:13 PM   #27
Craptacular
College Starter

Aikman, Moon, Thomas, Thomas, and White.

edit: Just to add, I would be least surprised if Derrick Thomas does not make it.

Last edited by Craptacular : 01-29-2006 at 09:14 PM.
Craptacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 11:09 PM   #28
Raven Hawk
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan
I wonder how much the voters will take in to account his CFL career when they consider his status as a HOFer. I am pretty sure that will be brought up when his media rep makes his presentation next week.

Which makes you wonder. It is called the Pro Football Hall of Fame, not the NFL Hall of Fame. When Flutie is eligible, will he make it?

Reggie White, Troy Aikman and John Madden are shoe-ins.

Then I'd go with Russ Grimm and Art Monk. Admittedly, my feelings towards Michael Irvin are biased by his behavior outside of football. He should get in, but I don't feel that he is a first-ballot guy.
Old 01-30-2006, 12:32 AM   #29
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven Hawk
Then I'd go with Russ Grimm and Art Monk. Admittedly, my feelings towards Michael Irvin are biased by his behavior outside of football. He should get in, but I don't feel that he is a first-ballot guy.

It's Irvin's second year. Aikman, Moon, Thurman Thomas, and Reggie White are the ones that are eligible for the first time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGa
Who would I vote for (I'm guessing there's like a 5 player limit?)

There's a minimum of 3 and a max of 6.

As for the off the field stuff, I remember watching something on either ESPNEWS or maybe PTI (Wilbon is on the board of selectors) and the guy said that they are instructed to only look at the on the field production. Of course it wouldn't surprise me if the off the field stuff did influence a selector's vote.

I would like to see Aikman, Moon, White, Madden, Carson, and Irvin get elected. I doubt Irvin will get elected this year but I do think 6 are going in (maybe Thurman or Wright).

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 12:41 AM   #30
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

dola

Looking at who is on the selection committee, I'm pretty sure it was Peter King on The Hotlist who talked about focusing on the on the field contribution. He was talking about why Irvin should be elected but probably will not be elected this year because there is a strong group of nominees.

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 12:50 AM   #31
oykib
College Starter

I still don't get the fascination with Monk.

Irvin was clearly better and even he is somewhat borderline.

I'll go Aikman, White, Carson, Madden, and D. Thomas.
oykib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 08:28 AM   #32
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Madden, Aikman, White, D. Thomas, Grimm
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 11:09 AM   #33
Darkiller
FOF2 Guy

Last I read from various HOF voters in their respective newspapers, there is a growing sentiment that RB Thurman Thomas "might" get in this year and that if he doesn't, it will eventually happen soon....

stay tuned...
Old 01-30-2006, 12:41 PM   #34
Darkiller
FOF2 Guy

To add a bit of content to the discussion, here is what SI's editor and HOF voter Peter King said today regarding Saturday's vote, in his weekly "Monday Morning QB" column:

" I think, five days away from the Hall of Fame voting, here's my best guess on how it will go for a very strong class: Troy Aikman and Reggie White get in easily. Then it's a horse race. In order, the guys who I think have the best shot: John Madden, Thurman Thomas, Bob Kuechenberg, Harry Carson, Michael Irvin, Rayfield Wright. A maximum of six can be enshrined. I've just listed eight. Of the seven remaining, my guess, in order of the support they'll garner, is Warren Moon, Art Monk, L.C Greenwood, Derrick Thomas, Russ Grimm, Gary Zimmerman, Claude Humphrey."
Old 01-30-2006, 05:07 PM   #35
Hurst2112
College Starter

Don't know if this was ever looked into:

Who are the best RB and WR that aren't in the hall? I am talking stats alone. Rings and such don't matter. Just wondering who is left.
Hurst2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 09:55 AM   #36
miami_fan
Coordinator

Emmitt: Put Irvin in Hall of Fame

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9207778

DETROIT (Feb. 4, 2006) -- Emmitt Smith believes Hall of Fame voters are holding Michael Irvin's personal problems against him.

And he's incensed by it.

Smith, the NFL's career rushing leader and eligible for the Hall in four more years, campaigned vigorously for his former Dallas Cowboys teammate.

Irvin is on the ballot for the second time, and election results will be announced Feb. 5. Smith senses the wide receiver didn't get in last year because of Irvin's off-field troubles.

"But you're going to try to bring this personal side of it?" Smith said. "This is what he's done off the field -- what has that got to do with what he's done on the football field?"

Pounding his finger on a table and emphasizing every single word, Smith made his point.

"This is the Pro Football Hall of Fame, not the Life Hall of Fame. His stats are what they are. They are not going to change."

"There should be a set criteria in terms of understanding ... what it takes to get to the Pro Football Hall of Fame. If you're an athlete and you've got credentials like Michael Irvin -- Pro Bowls, records, Super Bowls, all those things -- if you stack up against that, whoever the panel is, somebody needs to sign off on it."

Irvin was arrested in November for an outstanding warrant on an unpaid speeding ticket, then charged with misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia after police searched his car.

In 1996, Irvin pleaded no contest to felony cocaine possession in exchange for four years of deferred probation, a $10,000 fine and dismissal of misdemeanor marijuana possession charges. He also was arrested on drug possession charges in 2000, but they were later dropped.

Irvin is one of 15 finalists for the election. Also on the ballot is the other member of the Cowboys' Triplets, quarterback Troy Aikman, in his first year of eligibility.

The late Reggie White, Warren Moon and Thurman Thomas also are eligible for the first time.

Other finalists are Harry Carson, L.C. Greenwood, Russ Grimm, Claude Humphrey, Bob Kuechenberg, Art Monk, Derrick Thomas and Gary Zimmerman. John Madden and Rayfield Wright are senior candidates.

Three to six of the finalists will be selected for the class of 2006 and will be inducted in Canton, Ohio, on the weekend of Aug. 5-6.

A 39-member panel will vote on the finalists. A candidate must get 80 percent of the vote to be elected. If fewer than three get 80 percent, the candidate with the next highest percentage will be chosen.

Smith, who should be a slam-dunk for enshrinement when eligible, doesn't like the secrecy of the voting.

"If you're going to sit there behind closed doors and not show your face and not tell people who you voted for, shame on you," he said. "Shame on you for a lot of reasons, because No. 1 if you're man or woman enough to make a vote against a person, you should be man or woman enough to tell someone why you did it. That's the part for me that's totally disappointing.

"A player should be honored to be here. And when you start seeing stuff like this, what honor is there? Some people get snubbed because of what? Nobody knows. Everybody's behind closed doors still making their vote. Still walking up to the player's face and smiling in their face and talking behind their back at the same time, that's not cool."

Last year, Aikman campaigned for Irvin, who set a record with 11 100-yard receiving games in 1995, when the Triplets won their third Super Bowl. He finished his career with 750 receptions for 11,904 yards and 65 touchdowns.

"If we went in together it would mean a lot," Aikman said. "I'm biased. If there was ever a receiver that had a Hall of Fame career, in my opinion it's Michael Irvin."

This year, Aikman and White appear the front-runners for enshrinement.

"I played it to win championships and win as many games as I could," Aikman said. "I feel like I did it as well as anybody that's played the game. I'm happy that we won three world championships."

White, who suffered from sleep apnea and sarcoidosis, died Dec. 26, 2004, at age 43. Considered one of the great defensive ends of his era, he was the career sacks leader with 198 when he retired.

White also was the first major free agent to sign with the Packers, in 1993. That helped turn the storied franchise back into winners, and he won the 1997 Super Bowl with Green Bay.

Moon could become the first black quarterback in the hall.

"It would solidify everything that's been talked about the position back in the '60s and '70s, when blacks first wanted to play that position," said Moon, who played for Houston, Minnesota, Seattle and Kansas City in the NFL after starring in the CFL.

"All the stereotypes that were out there -- that we couldn't lead, that we couldn't think, that we couldn't throw the football -- all the different things that were talked about us ... if you can get into this elite group as the best ever who played the game at quarterback, then those questions can all be answered."
Old 02-04-2006, 10:37 AM   #37
Darkiller
FOF2 Guy

The latest buzz from Detroit, less than 3 hours away from the vote, as John Clayton leading a push for Warren Moon's induction and that it is gaining momentum...
Old 02-04-2006, 10:41 AM   #38
miami_fan
Coordinator

I know a member of the media makes the pitch for the canidates. Is that restricted to the media members who are doing the voting or can any media member make the pitch?
Old 02-04-2006, 10:44 AM   #39
Darkiller
FOF2 Guy

I think anyone one on the committee can make the campaign he wants to try to gather votes for the candidates he wants to see enshrined in the Hall of Fame.
Old 02-04-2006, 12:54 PM   #40
maxwarrior
Mascot

The HOF is becoming a place for media hogs. Players like Art Monk get overlooked because they were good citizens and didn't do stupid endzone tricks. There is no reason to keep out a player who retired as the leading receiver in catches and yards. Also including 3 Super Bowl rings. I wonder why the Redskins had such a great running game. Humm, maybe one of the best ever blockers at WR. Never had a HOF QB throwing to him. Just made every key first down the team needed.
maxwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 12:57 PM   #41
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Players like Art Monk get overlooked because they don't belong in the hall of fame.
Old 02-04-2006, 12:59 PM   #42
maxwarrior
Mascot

Steve Larget does...
Michael Irvin does...
Lynn Swann does...
maxwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 01:06 PM   #43
Craptacular
College Starter

And the winners are:

Troy Aikman
Harry Carson
John Madden
Warren Moon
Reggie White
Rayfield Wright
Old 02-04-2006, 01:09 PM   #44
Craptacular
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazFTW
I would like to see Aikman, Moon, White, Madden, Carson, and Irvin get elected. I doubt Irvin will get elected this year but I do think 6 are going in (maybe Thurman or Wright).

I'd say Taz is our winner.
Old 02-04-2006, 01:12 PM   #45
JeeberD
General Manager

Glad to see that two Cowboys made it even if Mikey didn't. Hopefully he gets in next year...

Oh, and congrats to Warren Moon!

Old 02-04-2006, 01:13 PM   #46
JeeberD
General Manager

Dola-

Is Madden going in for his coaching or his announcing or both?

Old 02-04-2006, 01:15 PM   #47
Craptacular
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD
Dola-

Is Madden going in for his coaching or his announcing or both?

It better be for his coaching ... he belongs in the announcer Hall of Shame.
Old 02-04-2006, 01:15 PM   #48
Darkiller
FOF2 Guy

It had been a while since the class comprised 6 members...

I am very, very suprised that they chose Warren Moon on his 1st year of eligibility....
Old 02-04-2006, 01:16 PM   #49
Craptacular
College Starter

Quote:
It had been a while since the class comprised 6 members...

I am very, very suprised that they chose Warren Moon on his 1st year of eligibility....

I'm not ... he deserves it, especially since this is the Pro Football HoF and not just the NFL.
Old 02-04-2006, 01:21 PM   #50
Darkiller
FOF2 Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craptacular
I'm not ... he deserves it, especially since this is the Pro Football HoF and not just the NFL.

I know what you mean but I'm not talking about the stats.
I'm talking about the lasting moments, the championship moments, SB moments, big time plays etc...I can't remember any from Moon and for that, I don't think he should have been a 1st ballot guy.