Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-10-2004, 07:45 AM   #1
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Angry What Is Wrong With People?

OSHKOSH, Wisconsin (AP) -- A top high school student-athlete was ordered Monday to stand trial for allegedly committing a murder just to see if he could outsmart investigators.

Gary M. Hirte, 18, was charged with first-degree intentional homicide in the August 2 slaying of Glenn Kopitske, 37. He Is being held on $200,000 bond.

According to a criminal complaint, Hirte allegedly boasted in a secretly taped phone conversation with an ex-girlfriend that he had killed Kopitske to "see if he could get away with it."

The teen allegedly told the ex-girlfriend he drove to Kopitske's home and shot and stabbed him. Police say they do not believe Hirte and Kopitske knew each other.

Hirte has denied any involvement in the crime. If convicted, he faces automatic life in prison. Arraignment is scheduled for February 26.

"He's succeeded at everything he's ever done, and I think that led to his arrogance in this case," Winnebago County Sheriff's Capt. Steven Verwiel said after the teenager's January 29 arrest.

The day before, Weyauwega-Fremont High School announced that Hirte, who expected to graduate in May, had won a scholarship to Saint Cloud State University in Minnesota, where he intended to study criminal justice.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 07:47 AM   #2
damnMikeBrown
College Benchwarmer

Beware of high achievers.
damnMikeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 07:51 AM   #3
corbes
College Benchwarmer

I don't want to say something inappropriate here, but isn't that part of the psychological makeup of serial killers? That they don't believe they can be caught?
corbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 08:09 AM   #4
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

I have always wondered how hard it would be to get away with a murder in a rural area. I think that if a sniper started randomly taking out farmers or something, it would be nearly impossible to ever find him.

But I am scared of blood and have a hard time shooting a deer that tastes so tasty, so I doubt I ever will shoot humans. Might be an interesting dynasty report.

Now if I was the victims family, I would have him raped, just to see if you could get away with it...
Old 02-10-2004, 09:07 AM   #5
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

So you kill a man to see if you can get away with it and then tell people that you killed him? Sounds like in addition to being a crazy killer that this guy also was not very smart.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 09:31 AM   #6
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight
So you kill a man to see if you can get away with it and then tell people that you killed him? Sounds like in addition to being a crazy killer that this guy also was not very smart.

That does seem like he left out a key element.
Old 02-10-2004, 10:49 AM   #7
Bubba Wheels
College Starter

Two brothers from the Central Michigan area were just convicted of killing two Detroit-area hunters almost 20 years ago. The two hunters disappeared while on a hunting trip to the Midland area. Witnesses who knew the brothers finally stepped forward after investigaters put together enough circumstancial evidence to start applying the heat.

Seams the two hunters were in a bar in some small town when they got into an altercation with these two brothers and some other 'local folk.' One witness testified she saw the group outside the bar when the locals started to beat one hunter, the other attempting to flee.

Both hunters were beaten to death, and the brothers later boasted that they fed the bodies so their pigs on a farm nearby. The hunters vehicle was later discovered in a lake, I believe. The witness had been threatened by the brothers and had kept silent for twenty years.

Evil exists, my friends, and as long as man's fallen nature is allowed to flourish in this life, evil will continue to exist. That is why man's fallen nature needs redemption. (End of sermon.)
Bubba Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 11:01 AM   #8
SegRat
High School Varsity

This story is all over the local news here. One thing not in this report is that Mr. Hirte still had the victim's keys on his dresser in his bedroom. It also isnt real clear in that report, but his ex-girlfriend was the one that came forward that Hirte was the Murder. Apparently the reason Hirte chose the victim he did was the guy was a known loner.
Old 02-10-2004, 11:10 AM   #9
Bearcat729
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Afoci
I have always wondered how hard it would be to get away with a murder in a rural area. I think that if a sniper started randomly taking out farmers or something, it would be nearly impossible to ever find him.

And if your a sniper in Columbus Ohio you could not only get away with it, but you could do it with almost no TV coverage, and if you called 911 to confess the operator wouldn't even take you seriously.
Old 02-10-2004, 11:27 AM   #10
heybrad
Norm!!!

This is exactly what the the movie Murder by Numbers is about.
heybrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 11:34 AM   #11
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by heybrad
This is exactly what the the movie Murder by Numbers is about.

I thought that was where somoeone got stabbed with a 7. Live and learn...
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 02:34 PM   #12
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat729
And if your a sniper in Columbus Ohio you could not only get away with it, but you could do it with almost no TV coverage, and if you called 911 to confess the operator wouldn't even take you seriously.

Too true
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 04:27 PM   #13
tucker342
Pro Starter

Quote:
where he intended to study criminal justice.

Did anyone else find that kind of weird...

and one more thing, that kid is an idiot
tucker342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 04:32 PM   #14
JeeberD
General Manager

Hey guys, don't tell anyone, but I killed a guy once.

Make sure you keep that on the downlow...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 04:32 PM   #15
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD
Hey guys, don't tell anyone, but I killed a guy once.

Make sure you keep that on the downlow...

If you had said to keep it on the DL you woulda been all good...
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 04:43 PM   #16
Bubba Wheels
College Starter

One of those magazine shows had senior citizens in Arizona all getting Concealed Weapons Permits and taking shooting lessons. The more this catches on, the lower violent crime rates will drop.
Old 02-10-2004, 04:54 PM   #17
damnMikeBrown
College Benchwarmer

Yeah, that's what the country needs, The Grey Panther Militia. Not like it's dangerous enough to ride a bike on the road with all the terrible drivers. My Grandmother is/was legally blind after a stroke, and was able to get her license renewed. Hello? Yes, what we need is the elderly to rearm! It's the Arsenal of Gerentology! The nation's problems are solved!
damnMikeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 04:55 PM   #18
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Wheels
Both hunters were beaten to death, and the brothers later boasted that they fed the bodies so their pigs on a farm nearby. The hunters vehicle was later discovered in a lake, I believe. The witness had been threatened by the brothers and had kept silent for twenty years.

And when you got your six pieces, you gotta get rid of them, because it's no good leaving it in the deep freeze for your mum to discover, now is it? Then I hear the best thing to do is feed them to pigs. You got to starve the pigs for a few days, then the sight of a chopped-up body will look like curry to a pisshead. You gotta shave the heads of your victims, and pull the teeth out for the sake of the piggies' digestion. You could do this afterwards, of course, but you don't want to go sievin' through pig shit, now do you? They will go through bone like butter. You need at least sixteen pigs to finish the job in one sitting, so be wary of any man who keeps a pig farm. They will go through a body that weighs 200 pounds in about eight minutes. That means that a single pig can consume two pounds of uncooked flesh every minute. Hence the expression, "as greedy as a pig."
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 04:59 PM   #19
JeeberD
General Manager

I really hope you just got that info from "Hannibal"...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 05:05 PM   #20
korme
Go Reds

snatch
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 06:25 PM   #21
Bubba Wheels
College Starter

Shorty maybe writing this from prison.
Old 02-10-2004, 07:16 PM   #22
Craptacular
College Starter

Maybe he realized he was going to spend the next few years in Minnesota and thought prison might be more enjoyable.
Craptacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 07:46 PM   #23
Axxon
Pro Starter

Jeez, have you folks never heard about about Leopold and Loeb?? It was only considered the trial of the century until OJ took top honors. Fascinating story about the case and the famous trial.
Old 02-10-2004, 07:51 PM   #24
Axxon
Pro Starter

Dola -

here's a little web blurb I found about the case.

Quote:
On an afternoon in May 1924, the sons of two of Chicago’s wealthiest and most illustrious families drove to the Harvard School for boys in Kenwood and kidnapped a young boy named Bobby Franks. Their plan was to carry out the “perfect murder”... a scheme so devious that only two men of superior intellect, such as their own, could accomplish. These two men were Richard Loeb and Nathan Leopold. They were the privileged heirs of well-known Chicago families who had embarked on a life of crime for fun and for the pure thrill of it. There were also a pair of sexual deviants who considered themselves to be brilliant -- a claim that would later lead to their downfall.

When captured, the case became known as "the trial of the century".
Old 02-10-2004, 08:20 PM   #25
Leonidas
College Benchwarmer

Isn't one of the fundamentals of Murder 101 "Do not tell anyone you are going to, or have already murdered someone"? I guess this guy wasn't nearly as smart as he thought he was. Dumbass.
Old 02-10-2004, 08:32 PM   #26
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonidas
Isn't one of the fundamentals of Murder 101 "Do not tell anyone you are going to, or have already murdered someone"? I guess this guy wasn't nearly as smart as he thought he was. Dumbass.

Maybe he was absent the day they covered it?