Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-29-2006, 03:00 PM   #1
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Anyone know anything about Hugh Hewitt (sp?)?

Going to Google him now, but I doubt I'll be able to find what I'm looking for through a web site. Does he have a reputation, and if so, what is it? I ask because I've been presented a networking opportunity with him.

Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 03:04 PM   #2
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Conservative blogger, fairly well known, often referred to on NR. He was one of the guys who accused the greater conserative movement of being "disloyal" to Bush over the whole Harriet Miers nomination - he was very much pro-Miers. Haven't actually read much of his stuff since I don't find him interesting, but you ought to check out his blog.
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 03:10 PM   #3
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

I know a little about him, from what I have read,Hugh Hewitt is a conservative American radio talk show host, author, and blogger. Hewitt is a Professor of Law at Chapman University School of Law, where he teaches constitutional, torts and administrative law.Hewitt graduated from Harvard College cum laude with a degree in Government in 1978. He was Order of the Coif at the University of Michigan Law School and received his Juris Doctor (J.D.) degree in 1983, magna cum laude. Hewitt clerked for Judges Roger Robb and George MacKinnon on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit from 1983-84, and then went on to serve as Special Assistant to Attorneys General William French Smith and Edwin Meese, Assistant Counsel in the White House Counsel's Office, General Counsel for the National Endowment for the Humanities and the U.S. Office of Personnel Management, where he finished his career in the Reagan Administration as Deputy Director of the agency, having been confirmed by a voice vote in the Senate.
Hewitt returned to California to oversee construction of the Richard Nixon Library and Birthplace as the Library's executive director from groundbreaking through dedication and opening at the request of former President Richard Nixon, for whom he had worked as a ghostwriter between college and law school in San Clemente, California, and New York City. When he left the library to practice law, Hewitt also began a weekend radio talk show for Los Angeles radio station KFI, where he broadcast from late 1990 to 1995. In the spring of 1992 he began co-hosting Los Angeles PBS member station KCET's nightly news and public affairs program "Life & Times," and remained with the program until the fall of 2001, when he began broadcasting his radio show in the afternoons. Hewitt received three Emmys for his work on "Life & Times" on KCET, and also conceived and hosted the 1996 PBS series "Searching for God in America."
Hewitt is a weekly columnist for The Daily Standard, the online edition of The Weekly Standard, World Magazine and occasionally appears as a political/social commentator on programs such as The Dennis Miller Show, Hardball with Chris Matthews, Larry King Live, The O’Reilly Factor and The Today Show.
In memory of Gavin Anthony: 7/22/08-7/26/08
gottimd is offline   Reply With Quote