Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-05-2004, 03:58 AM   #1
Karim
College Starter

The All-Average Champion?

I'm wondering if anyone has ever won it all with what "appeared" to be a mediocre team. This would include having some starters considered fair or poor, low power ratings and consistently being an underdog every week. These players don't win any awards and don't go on to do anything special, they just happen to put it all together for a magical run.

Karim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 04:03 AM   #2
Axxon
Pro Starter

Re: The All-Average Champion?

Quote:
Originally posted by Karim
I'm wondering if anyone has ever won it all with what "appeared" to be a mediocre team. This would include having some starters considered fair or poor, low power ratings and consistently being an underdog every week. These players don't win any awards and don't go on to do anything special, they just happen to put it all together for a magical run.

Real life, text sim or what?? Which sport?? Kinda hard to pin this one down if you know what I mean.
Old 01-05-2004, 04:21 AM   #3
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Yeah, in my only TCY dynasty with my SCE team...I finally "put it all together" in 2014. My team came from nowhere to go undefeated, finish 12-0 and #2 in the country. I never won more than 7 games in any season before it, and it wasn't until six seasons later that I went undefeated again. It was the greatest season I've ever had on any text-sim ever. The best part was that I capped it off winning a BcS game vs BC just after my 22nd B-day started. That 68-66 game was the best text-sim GAME ever. Absolutely amazing. TCY was worth the price of several games for all the goodness I got out of it---tear.

(Memmmmmoriiiies).
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 05:12 AM   #4
Peregrine
Pro Starter

I've won the Solecismic Bowl in FOF4 with a team I felt was pretty weak. We had an average to mediocre OL who played over their heads, a journeyman QB who had to be signed quickly after our young one got put on IR in the first game, and a defense whose stats were unimpressive. Somehow we managed to win some games, finished 9-7 with a wild card slot, and ran a streak of good luck all the way to the Bowl, winning one game in overtime and two by last minute FGs.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 08:14 AM   #5
Karim
College Starter

Re: Re: The All-Average Champion?

Quote:
Originally posted by Axxon
Real life, text sim or what?? Which sport?? Kinda hard to pin this one down if you know what I mean.

Yeah, I guess I should have been more specific but I meant FOF2004.

It's good to hear that it can be done without having super studs at every position.
Karim is offline   Reply With Quote