Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-19-2005, 02:26 AM   #1
ageofquarrel
H.S. Freshman Team

"Set in the future and will feature a tough-talking rabbit with laser eyes..."

Sorry if this has been posted before, but what the hell this sucks.

The "reimagined" Bugs Bunny is going to be renamed "Buzz" and star in a new series called "Loonatics." The series will be set in the future and will feature a tough-talking rabbit with laser eyes and who is a martial arts expert. Even Daffy Duck will get a techno-update with built-in sonar.

Sander Schwartz/President of Warner Brothers Animation: "What we're doing is taking Bugs Bunny, a classic and changing him for the kids – making him fresh, cool and hip."

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/news/021...loonatics.html

ageofquarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 02:36 AM   #2
Sharpieman
Greatly Missed. (7/11/84-06/12/05)

Horrible, what a disgrace
Sharpieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 02:38 AM   #3
Pyser
Pro Rookie

haha.

donnie darko flashed into my mind from the title. i was way off.
Pyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 02:49 AM   #4
kingfc22
Head Coach

sad
Old 02-19-2005, 03:03 AM   #5
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

OMG the world is over!1!!11!
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 03:05 AM   #6
BigJohn&TheLions
College Benchwarmer

Sander Schwartz/President of Warner Brothers Animation: "What we're doing is taking Bugs Bunny, a classic and changing him for the kids – making him fresh, cool and hip."

I don't think anybody named "Sander Schwartz" should be attempting to decide what is "fresh, cool, and hip."

This is a bastardization that makes New Coke look likea good idea.

My only wish is that they had changed Tweety too, so that I could prove to my 12 year-old daughter once and for all how the japanese epileptic seizure animation is truly evil...
Old 02-19-2005, 03:16 AM   #7
Desnudo
Coordinator

When was the last time the words "fresh" and "hip" were fresh and hip?
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 04:58 AM   #8
Bad-example
College Starter

This looks like an even worse idea than Bart Simpson rapping.
Bad-example is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 08:50 AM   #9
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

yeah, that's really, really fucking stupid
Old 02-19-2005, 09:44 AM   #10
JeeberD
General Manager

Ick...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 10:56 AM   #11
kcchief19
Pro Starter

The name's Poochie D
And I rock the telly
I'm half Joe Camel
And a third Fonzarelli

I'm the kung fu hippie
From gangsta city
I'm a rappin' surfer
You the fool I pity.

I don't know, this whole freakin' rabbit with freakin' lasers beams coming out of its freakin' head sounds reasonable to me.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 12:25 PM   #12
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchief19
The name's Poochie D
And I rock the telly
I'm half Joe Camel
And a third Fonzarelli

No way. He's, like, a quarter Fonzarelli, tops.
Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 12:31 PM   #13
vex
Grizzled Veteran

I hope this fails miserably. But considering all the other stupid kids shows, it'll work.
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 12:56 PM   #14
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

This looks pretty bad (tho I suppose I'll reserve judgement until I see it). You want to see a new "modern" looney tunes incarnation, check out Duck Dodgers on Cartoon Network. I've seen it quite a few times and, while nothing will have the same feel as the original, it's feels pretty true to the originals. When it originally came out, I had a really bad feeling because the ads weren't that good but when I actually saw the show, I was pleasantly surprised.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 02-19-2005 at 01:07 PM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 01:15 PM   #15
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchief19
The name's Poochie D
And I rock the telly
I'm half Joe Camel
And a third Fonzarelli

I'm the kung fu hippie
From gangsta city
I'm a rappin' surfer
You the fool I pity.

I don't know, this whole freakin' rabbit with freakin' lasers beams coming out of its freakin' head sounds reasonable to me.

This exact same thing popped into my head.

Did someone watch Austin Powers, then that Simpsons episode... and jokingly say: "Aahahaha! Let's make Looney Toons fresh, cool, and hip. Like that thing on the Simpsons. Ahahaha!" And then this Sander guy thought to himself: "They did this on the Simpsons, eh? It must've been gold!"

MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 01:42 PM   #16
ageofquarrel
H.S. Freshman Team

This is Brian's blog entry for his latest comic, which can be seen on his site.
http://www.nuklearpower.com/index.php
This pretty much sums it all up but is a little long, sorry.

The following image has been floating around various forums for several days now. For those of you who don't know, the WB wants to revamp some of their classic cartoon characters for the hip, young, edgy, and totally x-treme youth of today.

Nevermind that we were all very tired of it five years ago when that sort of thing was only new and painfully dull. Now it's hackneyed, cliche, and kind of sad.

Look out, Bugs Bunny. Make room for BUZZ BUNNY (totally x-treme guitar riff, yyeeeeeeaaah!)

Loonatics, man! 'Cause they're CRAZY. They make regular x-treme look, like, y'know, something so not x-treme you can't think of a word for it. You can't talk about them without excessive use of BOLD ITACLIC CAPS, MAN, TO THE MAX!

I find the philosophy behind being a television or Hollywood executive fascinating. Apparently these are people utterly devoid of taste or culture. They are completely without a sense of what is good. It's like how sociopaths are incapable of feeling empathy. They can maim and kill and torture people because they are hardwired not to understand that it's bad to do that. You can't fix these people, they are broken from the factory and need to be destroyed after studying how fucked up they are so we can identify and destroy them better in the future.

That's what these executives are like, only instead of lacking empathy -- which they may very well also lack -- they lack a sense of what good is. The rest of humanity has it. Sure, we might disagree about specifics, but there are certain instances where crap is crap and no one can deny it. I'm not saying Catwoman was one such movie, but it was. Allow me to demonstrate using events from your own life:

You go to the movies and the trailers start up. Invariably, there's at least one (and as many as all) that depict a movie of such banality that you can't believe millions and millions of dollars were spent to make it when they could have been better spent by burning them to keep the homeless from freezing in the dead of winter. There are moments in these trailers that are obviously supposed to be hilarious. They edit up the dialogue, put in some wacky music, and cut to a record stratching while someone makes a goofy face.

And the theater is silent.

Why?

Because normal humans can detect shit. It's a survival instinct so we don't defecate upon what we eat. In the modern world, where survival isn't as important as entertainment, we've honed that sense to keep us away from things that will waste our precious idle moments.

But somehow, the very men and women who dictate what will constitute the most popular forms of entertainment, are the very people who have no idea what is actually worth watching.

Their only defense is to churn out any piece of shit that parrots whatever the last thing was that did really well -- NO IDEA HOW OR WHY -- and pray to their dark gods that history repeats itself again. This is why bullet time was used in everything, especially when it wasn't needed. "Hey, the kids loved that 'bulleted time', let's jam it into every action sequence for every movie, including period pieces and nature documentaries, and it'll be totally x-treme. Also, I will vote for my own raise."

After watching a movie that, somehow, was good, do you find yourself wondering how the hell it got made? So are the executives! Except you don't know because 99% of what's out there is crap and you can't believe something good actually made it. The executives don't know because they can't tell the difference. They are color blind and at a stop light saying, "Now what's the gray light mean again?"

This abortion of entertainment, LOONATICS BWREEEOOOWWR, is supposed to be a reaction to the success of Teen Titans. Apparently the kids, who are all quite edgy and x-treme these days, prefer TT because of the sharp colors, lines, and angles. Also, it's totally in your face and to the max with x-treme. Warner Bros. felt that their own cartoons were losing ground to this new wave of animation and it was time to update the classics to today's standards of x-treme which are, like, way more x-treme than they were in the '20s or whatever.

I find this funny because Warner Bros. neutered the majority of their totally non-x-treme cartoons because they were too edgy or violent for today's sensitive market filled with parents who are too complacent to take care of their kids and looking for anybody to sue/blame when precious little Hunter Madison Chandler Archer does something incredibly stupid/fatal because no one's there to tell him what's right, wrong, or real.

And these same all consuming, all screaming brats of the world have an attention span best measured in ritalin dosages, so they can't tolerate the slow pace and complex narratives of classic Warner Bros. cartoons after all the imitatable violence has been stripped out for their own good. Enter, LOONATICS SUPERFASTCLOSE-UPS AND EXPLOSIONS YEAH.

Maybe I'm going about this all wrong. Maybe other industries should follow this totally x-treme example. And follow it to the max. Publishers should make their products more x-treme and instead of books they could print GBAs. I mean, there's some reading there. Advance Wars has, like, a totally epic story.
ageofquarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 02:19 PM   #17
maximus
Banned

Ya know, after doing some research I think they (Warner Brothers) got their idea from the link below;

http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/~fof/for...3&postcount=11
maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 05:55 PM   #18
maximus
Banned

I AM THE ULTIMATE THREAD KILLER........
maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 06:06 PM   #19
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus
Ya know, after doing some research I think they (Warner Brothers) got their idea from the link below;

http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/~fof/forums/showpost.php?p=690493&postcount=11

Wow... Suicane may have a solid lawsuit on his hands.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 06:13 PM   #20
HomerJSimpson
College Benchwarmer

My 9 year old daughter saw this on TV and cried for ten minutes. This has to be one of the all time stupidest ideas I've ever heard.
HomerJSimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 07:16 PM   #21
Franklinnoble
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerJSimpson
My 9 year old daughter saw this on TV and cried for ten minutes. This has to be one of the all time stupidest ideas I've ever heard.
Franklinnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 08:01 PM   #22
BigJohn&TheLions
College Benchwarmer

I talked to my 12 year old today. She thought it was stupid. I asked her "What if they give the same treatment to Tweety?" All she could do was breathe angrily for a long moment and say "They better not." She also found ridiculous the idea of 55 year old men sitting around a large table discussing market studies and deciding what 8 year old children will like.

There is hope in this world.
Old 02-19-2005, 09:23 PM   #23
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

For the record, I think this kind of puts in perspective how bad society has gotten. When anyone besides a time travelling dude in some neon MC Hammer Pants comes up with an idea like this, I have to assume our doom is impending.

I have my fingers crossed that every idiot who thinks this is a good idea meets a swift and painless end so that God, or whoever makes the rules in the afterlife, can judge them worthy of an eternity in a straightjacket watching people shit on good taste. Ahhhhh!!! not the Lasagna again!! How could they just shit on lasagna???

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 10:35 PM   #24
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Why must marketing idiots exist? Can't we pass some sort of death penalty to eliminate them? If I see something else that is XTREME, or uses ZZZZ's to end words instead of the letter s, my head may just explode right there.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 08:41 AM   #25
CraigSca
Pro Starter

I would prefer to drink my own bile than watch this. Why must everything "new" and "fresh" be so rude and in your face?
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 09:33 AM   #26
Franklinnoble
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca
I would prefer to drink my own bile than watch this.

Quick... somebody post the "tubgirl" pic...
Franklinnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 10:03 AM   #27
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklinnoble
Quick... somebody post the "tubgirl" pic...

Oh, please. Someone might actually do it.

(don't do it, kids)
Old 02-21-2005, 08:11 AM   #28
JeeberD
General Manager

They should have done this with the Animaniacs instead. Buzzster and Bombs Bunny!

Old 02-21-2005, 11:57 AM   #29
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD
They should have done this with the Animaniacs instead. Buzzster and Bombs Bunny!

You mean Tiny Toons?

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 11:58 AM   #30
rkmsuf
Head Coach

No feeling either way but I suspect it will be a hit.
Old 02-21-2005, 12:22 PM   #31
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice
You mean Tiny Toons?

SI

What a fucking moron I've become...