Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-19-2024, 06:23 AM   #501
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
I would usually do this to make fun of the idea that Player X will be forever know as an NBA champion. Guys like Ish Smith and JaVale McGee being introduced as NBA champions for eternity is just hilarious.

However even though he did it with the Celtics, I gotta give a shout out to an underrated player and someone who has seemed like a really classy guy his entire career.

Al Horford, NBA Champion.
Agreed. I was thinking almost the exact same thing and came here to post it. I am very happy for him to get that ring.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2024, 08:40 AM   #502
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Monty Williams fired, it’s like the Anthony Rendon of coaching contracts.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2024, 08:44 AM   #503
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I would absolutely take the ignominy of being fired after 1 season for $65M.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2024, 09:00 AM   #504
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Let the Williams to the Lakers rumors begin
Old 06-19-2024, 10:03 AM   #505
BYU 14
Coordinator

Gotta say, even though I am not a huge hoops fan, BYU is killing this off-season under Kevin Young. Igor Demin, who is likely a lottery pick in 2025 draft, now Kanon Catchings, most likely a first round pick in 2025 as well, related to both Tamika and Harvey Catchings.

Young is really capitalizing on his NBA ties and the pro system the Cougars will be running next season. May be the first time ever I am more excited about BYU basketball than BYU football.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2024, 06:08 PM   #506
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Monty Williams fired, it’s like the Anthony Rendon of coaching contracts.

Legend at the bank!
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2024, 06:15 PM   #507
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I would absolutely take the ignominy of being fired after 1 season for $65M.

A year plus after getting a $20 million buyout to no longer be the Suns head coach.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2024, 04:57 AM   #508
Edward64
Head Coach

This kid is 15 and will be playing for the Gators.

I don't know how good he is but interesting to see how teams defend against him. His dunks must be something else!

Quote:
Before Olivier Rioux plays a game for Florida men's basketball, his place in the Guinness World Record books got even stronger, extending his mark as the world's tallest teenager from 7-foot-7 two months ago to 7-FOOT-9 in present day.
Florida basketball giant Olivier Rioux extends his Guinness World Record height for a teenager to 7-FOOT-9 before Gators career begins | Daily Mail Online

Last edited by Edward64 : 06-20-2024 at 04:58 AM.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2024, 06:40 AM   #509
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

It must be dreadful to be that tall.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2024, 04:50 PM   #510
rjolley
College Starter

The Bulls are trading Caruso to the Thunder for Giddey.

I'm not mad at that trade. It gets the Bulls a ball handler and someone who can run the offense. Hopefully, the shooting coach can help improve his shooting. Good gamble.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2024, 05:41 PM   #511
Atocep
Coordinator

This would make OKC significantly better and Chicago a lot worse in the short term. Giddey is an interesting player, but a really difficult fit in today's NBA. I would have thought Chicago could do better, but Giddey is only 22 next season so they're betting on the upside I guess.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2024, 05:52 PM   #512
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
This would make OKC significantly better and Chicago a lot worse in the short term. Giddey is an interesting player, but a really difficult fit in today's NBA. I would have thought Chicago could do better, but Giddey is only 22 next season so they're betting on the upside I guess.

They could have done better but their ownership demands they compete for the play-in game each season instead of rebuilding. Report came out the other day that the Bulls turned down a top-10 pick for Caruso at the deadline.
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2024, 05:55 PM   #513
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

how are the high school cheerleaders in Chicago?
sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:50 PM   #514
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Kenny fkn Atkinson.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:33 AM   #515
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

I think it is hilarious and somewhat fitting for the franchise. The Hawks finally have the number one pick, and no one really has any idea what they are going to do with it, except whatever they do will likely be wrong.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote