Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-25-2024, 05:41 PM   #2551
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
We are looking at a possible 10+inches in a 24 hour period tomorrow.

Didn’t know that, thanks for the heads up
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2024, 07:26 PM   #2552
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

I have never been in a Tropical Storm warning. This is weird.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
GrantDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2024, 07:28 PM   #2553
GrantDawg

Dola: 20 foot storm surge in the big bend area. "Unsurvivable" storm surge.

Old 09-25-2024, 07:36 PM   #2554
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

And I'm over here just to the east of GrantDawg, where I'm told I don't have to worry about flooding so much as pop-up tornados

Whee.

edit: I'm also in the 8-10 inches of rain zone but fuck water when my ass could get blown away

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 09-25-2024 at 07:38 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2024, 07:50 PM   #2555
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
...but fuck water when my ass could get blown away

That's a great tagline for my new hair dryer-like bidet.
Ghost Econ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:38 AM   #2556
GrantDawg

It is amazing how much these things change from report to report. Woke up this morning looking at tracks moving the center of the storm right through Atlanta. The worst of the wind fields where a couple of counties over, but we were still in a pretty heavy area. Now, they are showing the track either going right over us, or maybe even going to the east of us. Fun.
Old Yesterday, 08:15 AM   #2557
Edward64
Head Coach

Hope Flora-Bama doesn't get washed away. I believe they rebuilt once before, have to revisit one of these days.

Last edited by Edward64 : Yesterday at 08:15 AM.
Old Yesterday, 08:21 AM   #2558
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Cat 4s are no joke. And the fast movement is better for the coast, but it's gonna cause more shit inland than we are used to. Right now they are predicting flash floods in the NC mountains, which I have never seen for a Gulf storm.

Thoughts and prayers to all effected. Stay safe, everyone.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:22 AM   #2559
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

My parents and brother in Asheville are in some serious trouble as well. My brother said they will have already gotten several inches of rain over 2 days before the storm effects hit. They're looking at possibly well over a foot of rain in 3 days. Heck, even in KY we're expecting possible tropical storm force winds.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:29 AM   #2560
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

The last cone I saw has it just sitting over Tennessee for a few days which will pile up the rain on the east side of the storm.
Old Yesterday, 09:57 AM   #2561
Thomkal
Head Coach

Yeah some areas of the country who usually don't see much of the way in hurricane rain/wind/ etc looks like they will be seeing a lot. Myrtle Beach unless it moves East again will get some tropical storm winds/tornado risk and rain from feeder bands but otherwise looks OK for now.

Everyone stay safe and listen to authorities in all areas, but especially where you don't see this kind of stuff.
Old Yesterday, 11:29 AM   #2562
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

Ran to the grocery store. It's 1/2 mile each way, took different paths to and fro. From the storms Wednesday and continued rain, I counted 7 large trees that had fallen over. These were all established, non-dead trees. And we haven't even gotten the hurricane weather really.
Old Yesterday, 01:11 PM   #2563
Kodos
Resident Alien

Stay safe, guys.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:39 PM   #2564
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

My wife and I both got the phone call from the county. The wording was exactly as below, and my call came a good 5-10 minutes before she received. I had to ask her to put it on speaker when her call came in, because I thought I heard the football part wrong.

Last edited by Ben E Lou : Yesterday at 01:44 PM.
Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:44 PM   #2565
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
because I thought I heard the football part wrong.

Eh, that's kinda all over the place even in Georgia, so I'm sure there's a wide spread in NC as well.

We had games played as early as last night, we've got games scheduled as far out as next Mon (or Tues?), but there's also several still on the board for both tonight AND tomorrow night. (including in Elberton and Gainesville)
Old Yesterday, 04:28 PM   #2566
GrantDawg

Hurricane warning is now in the counties directly south of us. It is creeping toward us.

Old Yesterday, 05:43 PM   #2567
GrantDawg

It is a Cat 4 now. It's going to be a long, sleepless night.

Old Yesterday, 05:45 PM   #2568
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Most disturbing indication of severity I've seen is that all the Waffle House locations in Tallahassee are closed/closing TFN.

That is NEVER good.
Old Yesterday, 05:48 PM   #2569
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Most disturbing indication of severity I've seen is that all the Waffle House locations in Tallahassee are closed/closing TFN.

That is NEVER good.

Oh no, stay safe everyone.
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:59 PM   #2570
Ksyrup

I wonder if the Village Idiot (Village Inn) still exists? It was like a local/regional chain cross between Denny's, IHOP and Waffle House.

Speaking of Tallahassee Waffle Houses, one of my law school buddies hooked up with a Waffle House waitress and we warned him it was a bad idea. Two days later, she called to ask if she could move in with him because she had no place to live. He's now married with 2 kids and a successful law firm (spoiler alert - not married to her).

Nothing like an impending hurricane and live shots from the city to take you down nostalgia lane.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : Yesterday at 05:59 PM.
Old Yesterday, 06:02 PM   #2571
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I wonder if the Village Idiot (Village Inn) still exists?

Village Inn Restaurants in FLORIDA | Best Breakfast Restaurant
Old Yesterday, 06:12 PM   #2572
miami_fan
Coordinator

Good luck everyone in the path of the storm. With the storm basically 100 miles due west of us, we are basically dealing with wind gusts(storm surge) with the occasional shower. Despite that, there has been some significant flooding through the Tampa Bay area.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:26 PM   #2573
GrantDawg

I dated a Waffle House waitress once. She was working her way through college, and I am pretty sure she is a nurse now. Actually, it's a boring story, unlike the waitress my buddy dated, who ended up stabbing hum.

Old Yesterday, 06:30 PM   #2574
Ksyrup

And I thought my buddy chose unwisely. At least she didn't end up pregnant, or he didn't get stabbed!
Old Yesterday, 06:34 PM   #2575
Ksyrup

Quote:

OK, so that's weird. There are still 2 Tallahassee locations, but neither are marked on that map. They are M and N on the list, but M shows up in NY and I can't locate an N on the map.

Sounds like the same old Village Idiot!
Old Today, 04:09 AM   #2576
Edward64
Head Coach

About 9” of rain south of Atlanta, about 6” where I am. And more to come but will pass by noon’ish.

Just steady rain but no big wind gusts
Old Today, 06:19 AM   #2577
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

We just lost a giant tree in our front yard. Thankfully it fell across the yard and not towards the house. However, we have a massive one in our small back yard that is definitely a concern for the next few hours.

Last edited by Ghost Econ : Today at 06:31 AM.
Old Today, 06:48 AM   #2578
GrantDawg

Flooding all around Atlanta. We are lucky that we are pretty high up. Our power blinked a few times but only stayed off a few minutes.

Old Today, 07:38 AM   #2579
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
I had to ask her to put it on speaker when her call came in, because I thought I heard the football part wrong.

Take the under, I guess?
Quote:

That is NEVER good.

Oh wow. Stay safe folks, that's not a good sign.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:02 AM   #2580
Ksyrup

It's been raining here all night and the wind is just starting to pick up.

My brother in Asheville is getting it good. No power, and he's lost all major trees around his house, several of them directly hitting the house causing damage. This is a multi-million dollar house they spent 3 years building and just moved into about 2 months ago. It's like buying a new car and getting into an accident on the drive home. Sucks.
Old Today, 08:15 AM   #2581
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

Yeah, mountain area is fucked. The rain alone was insane. Went through there last weekend for a wedding and couldn't imagine trying to get through now.
Old Today, 08:33 AM   #2582
Ksyrup

He just texted me that a tree limb went through the master closet area. So now the house is breached and getting water.
Old Today, 10:04 AM   #2583
GrantDawg

That's rough. My friend toward Augusta, Ga. lost about ten trees, but he doesn't have many near the house. They were all beyond his fence in the back, so no damage, just mess.
Old Today, 10:07 AM   #2584
GrantDawg

I don't think they will be playing tonight, but if they did I hope the game is televised.
Old Today, 10:37 AM   #2585
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Heavy rain in Raleigh, but that's it. The real damage is west of us
Old Today, 10:43 AM   #2586
Ksyrup

Our wind is really picking up and lights have flickered multiple times. I guess no treadmill run for me today or else I'm bound to get thrown through a window on the off-chance the power goes out while I'm running 8mph!

We're kinda hoping our one remaining, stinking pear tree comes down in this storm. It could do some fence damage but it couldn't hit any part of our or anyone else's house.
Old Today, 10:47 AM   #2587
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

I'm currently heating up frozen waffles on the gas stove for my daughter.

The giant tree in our front yard took out the power lines along the street. It also knocked the power lines down going to our house and a line is currently across our driveway 4 feet off the ground and a few others on the ground. So we are stuck here.
Old Today, 11:00 AM   #2588
Ben E Lou

I'm hearing horror stories from western NC, including a dam over there about to fail. Evacuation from the area has been ordered.

Some downed trees, power outages, and flash flooding around town here. Power has flickered at our house, but hasn't gone out. Relative to our immediate surroundings, we live on fairly high ground, and there are no trees that could hit our home if they fall. (Back deck is a slight possibility, but unlikely.) Greensboro as a whole is close to the highest ground of the Cape Fear basin.

Last edited by Ben E Lou : Today at 11:07 AM.
Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:02 AM   #2589
Thomkal
Head Coach

Well at least you can still have waffles Sorry for those who have a lot of damage. Myrtle Beach had several tornado warnings this morning and a lot of rain, but no damage besides the usual storm stuff
Old Today, 11:19 AM   #2590
Ksyrup

Apparently the storm moved through landfall and to the east of Tallahassee so quickly that it didn't do much damage thrre. Someone on twitter said, "it overshot Tally so far I thought DJU threw it."

Last edited by Ksyrup : Today at 11:19 AM.
Old Today, 12:23 PM   #2591
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

https://www.newsweek.com/lake-lure-d...helene-1960485
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:29 PM   #2592
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

We walked around the neighborhood. You literally can't get in or out by car because there's so many downed trees on the roads. Probably 10-20 on 2 streets alone. All old, very established trees that were completely uprooted.
Old Today, 12:33 PM   #2593
Ben E Lou

I've followed this guy for years. Most people would say that he has a tendency to understate weather impacts, so this is alarming to say the least.

Old Today, 01:31 PM   #2594
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Watching some video of downtown Boone, and some idiots are still driving down the flooded streets fast enough to wash wake into the buildings.

The level of stupid and/or selfish you have to be to do that is incomprehensible. Unless you are speeding through to try and go save a life, slow down.
Old Today, 01:47 PM   #2595
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Hooray! This thread has updates!
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:56 PM   #2596
GrantDawg

I-40 east at the Tennessee-North Carolina state line is gone.
Old Today, 01:57 PM   #2597
GrantDawg

Tri state area weather on Facebook just shared this.. I-40 East is gone between Tennessee and NC pic.twitter.com/pBsAA9XfFp
— Chris Hall, Y'all (@ChrisHallWx) September 27, 2024
Old Today, 01:59 PM   #2598
GrantDawg

Double Dola: That river (Pigeon) still hasn't crested. Not supposed to crest till 8pm tonight.
Old Today, 02:14 PM   #2599
Ksyrup

Holy shit. Guess we may be taking a different route for Thanksgiving...