Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old Yesterday, 01:51 PM   #451
RainMaker
General Manager

There were some right-wing pollsters that had New Jersey tied (lol) and some other favorable results. They might be dumb enough to buy into that hype now that they don't have anyone with a clue running the RNC.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:10 PM   #452
RainMaker
General Manager

Not a campaign expert but I think calling the biggest city in a state you absolutely need to win "horrible" is a bad strategy.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:28 PM   #453
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Probably wants it in Florida
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:16 PM   #454
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

The bottom half of Jersey, except maybe Camden, is MAGA country. I live in a deep red town and these people are nuts.

I can see a combination of them thinking there will be less turnout and more support from black voters where they think it is in play.

Trump problem is EVERYWHERE he goes the MAGA faction will show up, so it gives him, and probably the morons running the RNC, a false senso of popularity in areas where it really doesn't exist.

Best case scenario for Biden is Trump wastes his time in states he has little chance to carry thus resulting in him spending less time in the 6-7 swing states.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:57 PM   #455
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Trump problem is EVERYWHERE he goes the MAGA faction will show up, so it gives him, and probably the morons running the RNC, a false senso of popularity in areas where it really doesn't exist.

I wonder about this too. Trump's campaign is potentially paying rally goers, inflating donation numbers and trying to convince their base that they are the silent majority in any way possible, and you wonder how susceptible they are to huffing their own farts.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:17 PM   #456
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Not a campaign expert but I think calling the biggest city in a state you absolutely need to win "horrible" is a bad strategy.

But that was just code.

You're trying to remind the GOP-leaning white suburbanites about how the "inner-city Blacks" have made the city "horrible" so they will hold their nose and vote for Trump.
albionmoonlight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:18 PM   #457
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

dola and/or remind rural MAGA Wisconsin that they need to come out to vote because you know those "horrible" Milwaukee people are gonna rig the inner-city voting machines.
Old Yesterday, 06:14 PM   #458
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Trump only got 22% of the vote in Milwaukee. He doesn't have much to lose by talking bad about the city. That 22 % probably holds the same opinion.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:57 PM   #459
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Trump only got 22% of the vote in Milwaukee. He doesn't have much to lose by talking bad about the city. That 22 % probably holds the same opinion.

That's roughly what I was thinking.

I mean, you'd make hay virtually statewide talking shit about Atlanta ... cause that's pretty much how at least 150 (of 159) counties feel about it too.
Old Yesterday, 08:11 PM   #460
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I mean you could do the same thing in Oregon, but it would still be stupid. Internet tells me Wisconsin's population is 30% rural.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:33 PM   #461
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

The last few elections prove pretty clearly that if people get out and vote in Milwaukee and, to a lesser extent, Madison, Democrats win the state. If people are apathetic and stay home in those cities, Republicans win the state.

This is how you end up with Senators as disparate as Baldwin and Johnson.

So, I'm all for Trump insulting Milwaukee if it riles up more people to come up and vote.
flere-imsaho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:35 PM   #462
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
I'd bank on firing live bullets at protestors though. Almost had that last time. Who stops them next time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
That's a far stretch from locking up liberals in camps and mass exterminating them as flere insinuated.

Ah, so you're OK with a little unfocused mass murder of American citizens. Got it.
flere-imsaho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:48 PM   #463
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
So, I'm all for Trump insulting Milwaukee if it riles up more people to come up and vote.

That requires them to not realize they're in a hopeless abyss.

I'm not sure how much longer that myth can be sustained.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : Yesterday at 11:48 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:24 AM   #464
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

This writer suggests that Biden should replace Kamala Harris as his VP running mate with Hillary Clinton.

Opinion | Democrats are wrestling with an age-old problem. Enter Clinton? - The Washington Post

This idea is like a fractal. The more I look at it, the more ways I can see what a horrible idea it is. Like you can zoom in forever and keep seeing more and more awfulness.

Maybe the writer is an old Mondale fan and wants Biden to lose literally every state so Mondale's Reagan map does not look so bad.

Last edited by albionmoonlight : Today at 08:28 AM.
Old Today, 08:51 AM   #465
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

It's behind a paywall, but I'm not sure I could stomach reading it.

As a relative newbie to Independent status, it amazes me that Democrats have managed to get anyone elected in the past 40 years, at any position. Whereas before this kind of stuff would make me laugh, now it just pisses me off.

This kind of crap feels like a full-circle, Trump-esque "double down" on what people don't like about you. Most of the country can't believe we're running 2 old white guys, and the answer for the Dems is an old white woman who is the only person to have lost an election to Trump? About the only premise I buy is that Harris should be replaced, but like everything else about this election, we're already too far down the path to change the inevitable.

At the risk of sounding like RM and others here, I do agree with the idea that it's hard to square a message of "Democracy is threatened by another Trump presidency" with "Political norms in our nominating process mean more than finding the ideal candidates to beat Trump." It should have started like 2 months after Biden won. The Dem machine should not have given Biden the decision. You don't humiliate the guy, of course - he's owed more than that - but the back-room discussions and messaging should have occurred to negotiate an exit strategy for Biden and potential candidates early on. It's not that hard to find a reasonable exit strategy for an 82 year old, you know?

And if he resisted, you simply don't give him the space to make that challenge. You move on. In the same way the GOP has moved on with Trump, the Dems could have moved on without Biden. It would have signaled yet another way in which Dems are different from the GOP and serious about governing above politics.

Alas, here we are... articles touting Hillary as a VP candidate.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : Today at 08:52 AM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:00 AM   #466
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
About the only premise I buy is that Harris should be replaced, but like everything else about this election, we're already too far down the path to change the inevitable.

I don't think this article has any kind of weight and it has zero chance of happening. I also agree that Harris doesn't really help the ticket at this point, but I'm not convinced removing her really helps the ticket either. It would smack of Biden firing a black woman and then replacing her with whom? Unless it is say Stacey Abrams (which then you have ask why?), he is going to piss off a group he needs. Democrats only win on the strength of the black female vote. It is their strongest and most stable voting block. The only way to remove Harris is if she voluntarily stepped down, and then it would have to be some solid reason for doing so.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:40 AM   #467
larrymcg421
Head Coach

This happens every so often, as far back as 2016, where someone brings up Hilary should get the nomination or VP or whatever else, and then that allows people to dunk on Dems. "Why are they so dumb for wanting to run Hilary again?"

"Dems" don't want to run Hilary again. That is not a serious proposal by anyone with any kind of power, just some dumb column writer.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:40 AM   #468
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
This writer suggests that Biden should replace Kamala Harris as his VP running mate with Hillary Clinton.

Opinion | Democrats are wrestling with an age-old problem. Enter Clinton? - The Washington Post

This idea is like a fractal. The more I look at it, the more ways I can see what a horrible idea it is. Like you can zoom in forever and keep seeing more and more awfulness.

Maybe the writer is an old Mondale fan and wants Biden to lose literally every state so Mondale's Reagan map does not look so bad.

The writer is...not a Mondale fan, unless she swung quite a bit to the right since. Also:

Quote:
During the 2018 Brett Kavanaugh Supreme Court nomination, Parker wrote a column advancing the theory that the alleged victim, Christine Blasey Ford, was mistaken in her identification of Brett Kavanaugh, and that there must be a doppelgänger.

Other recent opinion pieces:

"Democrats weaponizing flags to intimidate Alito is an embarrassment"
"Harrison Butker doesn’t only kick footballs" -The NFL should have defended the Kansas City kicker’s right to speak his mind.
"Biden’s abortion push reeks of desperation"
"Christine Blasey Ford is no hero, if justice is the measure" -Even if Justice Kavanaugh’s accuser believes her own story, in the absence of evidence or corroboration, a measure of doubt is called for. (revisited this topic, I guess)
"For the country’s sake, Vice President Harris should step aside"
"Why I ordered 200 incandescent lightbulbs"

I'm not sure I'd follow her ideas if I were the Democrats?
Old Today, 01:25 PM   #469
Danny
Head Coach

From the standpoint of winning, Biden and Harris were great choices for the previous election. But as some of you have said, the plan absolutely had to be for them to step aside years ahead of this election and plan around the next candidate. Harris could certainly go after that if she chose to (though highly unlikely to end up winning the primaries given her lack of wide spread popularity).

Last edited by Danny : Today at 01:26 PM.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote