Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old Today, 02:40 AM   #1
markdub2
n00b

Greg Roman 2012-2014 49ers/2019-2022 Ravens Custom Playbook

Hey yall,
I transcribed this playbook from Greg Romans 2014 49ers playbook. Both the 2012-2014 9ers and 2019-2022 Ravens featured extreme dual threat quarterbacks and this playbook reflects a run and play action heavy style + QB option game. The passing game is standard west coast concepts. I would use this playbook with a dual threat QB and good run blocking personnel to succeed with Greg romans style.

Unfortunately FOF9s run play design is even simpler than its pass design. you cant even choose between zone/power/gap blocking scheme , (The only things the game engine considers is the formation, ball carrier and gap) so the names of the run plays are just for flavor and unfortunately theres not much way to really differentiate between run plays.

I added a couple plays that Shane Steichen made for Anthony Richardson which are sort of Pass-Run options in which Richardson has an option to pass to his first read or (rather than hand off to the RB) he keeps it himself. If you want only to use Greg Romans plays, just delete these RPOs.

Another note: NFL playbooks are much larger than 200 plays (FOF9 limit) so i focused on a larger % of run plays for this playbook given Greg Romans run heavy style and then I had to pick and choose only about 120 remaining pass plays so I aimed for a representation of classic west coast concepts, Lion, Dragon, Spacing, Hank, Spot, Stick, Snag (FOF9 cant represent actual stick/spacing/snag routes so I just have to aproximate the concepts using the routes fof9 does have) and also a mix of Under center and shotgun + a mix of short (3step) long (5-7 step) 2 minute and red zone passing plays.

Feel free to use and tweak this playbook as much as you want and let me know if you have fun/success with it

TLDR this is a Greg Roman playbook transcribed into FOF9s engine as closely as possible. Use this with a dual threat QB

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cv9...ew?usp=sharing

markdub2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:42 AM   #2
garion333
High School Varsity

Excellent stuff.

"Unfortunately FOF9s run play design is even simpler than its pass design. you cant even choose between zone/power/gap blocking scheme , (The only things the game engine considers is the formation, ball carrier and gap) so the names of the run plays are just for flavor and unfortunately theres not much way to really differentiate between run plays."

Oh yeah, running hasn't changed much since the introduction of play design in FOF8. I will say the game considers inside runs power runs and some/all outside runs as finesse. But the OL blocking bars are pretty basic since they lack scheme affiliation. I believe that's what the Scheme Acquisition bar alludes to now. Any OL can become familiar with any scheme, eventually.

I was hoping running would be more viable in FOF9 than it was, but passing is still king. Course, I've dropped FOF9 to go back to FOF8 mp, but that's neither here nor there.

Still, I'd love to see more varied defensive play calling along with some updates to running outside of adding RPOs (which is a huge add to FOF9).
garion333 is offline   Reply With Quote