Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old Yesterday, 02:09 PM   #4251
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Does Trump golf before or after church on Sunday

I'm sure whoever he plays with on Sunday talk about God given that's his church now apparently

Last edited by Thomkal : Yesterday at 02:09 PM.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:20 PM   #4252
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
It was definitely reported at one point yesterday as being "two holes away," but everything I've heard today indicates the gun was spotted while clearing the hole immediately ahead of Trump. But no indication either way that he ever pointed it at Trump, nor even at the Secret Service. (So, yeah, maybe it was just sitting there poking through the fence and he was nearby and not holding it at the time. If so, maybe that's why he's alive...)

If the BBC map is right, he was at the end of the hole behind, but he was still on the other side of a tree line from where the would-be assassin was. It doesn't look likely the the guy was aiming at him at the time. Does the report say what weapons the SS fired at him? I imagine if they were handguns at a distance it would have been a hard target.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:38 PM   #4253
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Does the report say what weapons the SS fired at him?
"service weapon"

Old Yesterday, 03:57 PM   #4254
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

"Rich Lowry let his racist side out on a video interview."

And Megan Kelly just ignored it. She seemed used to people slipping the N-word in conversations.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:21 PM   #4255
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Quote:
I thought Trump was two holes away.
Is that a golf reference?
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:24 PM   #4256
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
This really is the strangest of political times, where an assassination attempt is practically just another crazy event to get shoved out of the news half-a-day later, by whatever the next crazy event will be.
That's because a preponderance of the US would be indifferent to delighted if someone succeeded.

I, personally, would take the week off in celebration.
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:27 PM   #4257
Atocep
Coordinator

I watched some of the 2016 debate and it's insane how much Trump has deteriorated. People thought that he sounded bad then, but he was actually able to put coherent thoughts together, stay on topic, and discuss policy with at least a small level of depth.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:49 PM   #4258
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
If the BBC map is right, he was at the end of the hole behind, but he was still on the other side of a tree line from where the would-be assassin was. It doesn't look likely the the guy was aiming at him at the time. Does the report say what weapons the SS fired at him? I imagine if they were handguns at a distance it would have been a hard target.
Watched the joint FBI/USSS briefing a few minutes ago. A few takeaways with regard to stuff a bit up in the air in this thread:
  1. They specified that Routh did not get off a shot.
  2. They specified that he did not have any line of sight on Trump.
  3. They specific that this way a completely unplanned round of golf, so they didn't have a chance to do any pre-clearing of the course and surrounding area. So, yeah, dude just guessed that maybe Trump was playing golf and sat out there waiting on him. (They also said that he had a bag of food with him.)
  4. They did *not* specify if he pointed the gun at USSS, but they did say something along the lines of "the suspect never got close to getting off a round."
Based on a combo of #4, I'm guessing he either wasn't holding the gun at all, or perhaps he didn't see the Secret Service agent because he happened to be looking in another direction at the moment the agent would have come into view. Either way, the way it was all stated, it certainly appears that he never had a chance to point the gun at anyone.

Old Yesterday, 07:17 PM   #4259
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

The mre that comes out the more it sounds like this time the Secret Service did a good job. Hard to do better for an unplanned round of golf.
Old Yesterday, 09:27 PM   #4260
Dutch
"Dutch"

They are definitely beating up the USSS again but (warranted or not) it seems more along the lines of, “So nothing has changed from the first assassination attempt”. I think the USSS is doing the best they can, tactically speaking. I also think it’s pretty obvious now that the only other major candidate to potentially run the country will need full USSS support. That would come by way of a strategic level change to the protocols of the USSS. Seems like an easy enough amendment to their current rules that could be changed tomorrow morning and implemented by the end of the week.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:51 PM   #4261
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Overall I think the Secret Service is a trainwreck and I welcome oversight, but in this case they seem to have done a good job. Trump was never in danger and the guy was apprehended. I'm not sure what more can be expected given the circumstances.