Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old Yesterday, 06:45 PM   #1151
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
really the apprentice accusation came from Amorosa a wellknown troll and frequent liar. she wants fame more than he does. She was the one who was dragged out of the white house when he fired her.

I don't know if I have mentioned it here before, but my wife is related to her. And yes, with one notable exception, who see's her as a great and powerful woman of color, they family overall despises her LOL.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:47 PM   #1152
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Thing is about today's verdict? It teaches MAGA a thing about pronouns, and why people want to be called by their preferred pronouns.

After all, they want Donald Trump to be called He/Him (or President/God), while the rest of the world wants to call him what he "truly is"... that being "Convicted/Felon"
Old Yesterday, 09:34 PM   #1153
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

It's nuts that so many GOPers are so wedded to Trump that they are throwing away yet another opportunity to be rid of him. This time they could replace him and run away with the election.

But it's a cult, so they all are going to stick with the felon.
Old Yesterday, 09:51 PM   #1154
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

I don't agree. I think they'd lose, badly, if they replaced him now.
Brian Swartz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:54 PM   #1155
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
It's nuts that so many GOPers are so wedded to Trump that they are throwing away yet another opportunity to be rid of him. This time they could replace him and run away with the election.

But it's a cult, so they all are going to stick with the felon.

If J6 didn't do anything nothing will. People in his administration that still support him were considering the 25th amendment. They felt he was too dangerous to be President then but are ready to vote for him again now.

He's going to get write in votes long after he's dead.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:58 PM   #1156
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
I don't agree. I think they'd lose, badly, if they replaced him now.

I do agree. MAGA isn't voting at this point without him on the ballot, Haley killed any chance at getting most moderates by bending the knee and she'll never pull MAGA, and there isn't a person the right that can pull both MAGA and the anti-Biden left. I'm not sure there's a person on the right that can pull either actually, let alone both.
Old Today, 05:37 AM   #1157
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

GOP has actually been losing many elections for the past 2 years. Especially MAGA. I don't know where polls get their numbers...probably from thin air
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:41 AM   #1158
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

It's kinda two sides of the same coin. They win because of Trump and they also lose because of Trump (and because most folks can't pull Trump like attention, they lose when he's not on the ballot)
Old Today, 10:47 AM   #1159
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
It's kinda two sides of the same coin. They win because of Trump and they also lose because of Trump (and because most folks can't pull Trump like attention, they lose when he's not on the ballot)

Mostly because the current GOP platform is full of unpopular ideas and they've painted themselves into a corner of replying on an uneducated voter base. It's based on decades of creating wedge issues that have become far less popular as society as evolved.
Old Today, 10:51 AM   #1160
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

you know, I took this list from elsewhere, but I'm beginning to think that Trump actually meant it when he said that under his administration, they'd drain the swamp. Just look at all the swamp creatures in jail because of his administration:

Quote:
Donald Trump was charged, convicted, and is awaiting sentencing.

Trump’s former campaign chairman, Paul Manafort, was charged, convicted, and sentenced to prison.

Trump’s former campaign vice chairman, Rick Gates, was charged, convicted, and sentenced to prison.

Trump’s former personal lawyer, Michael Cohen, was charged, convicted, and sentenced to prison.

Trump’s former adviser and former campaign aide, Roger Stone, was charged, convicted, and sentenced to prison.

Trump’s former adviser and former White House aide Peter Navarro, was charged, convicted, and is currently in prison.

Trump’s former campaign adviser, George Papadopoulos, was charged, convicted, and sentenced to prison.

The Trump Organization’s former CFO, Allen Weisselberg, was charged, convicted, and sentenced to prison.

Trump’s former White House national security advisor, Michael Flynn, was charged and convicted.

Trump’s former chief strategist, Steve Bannon, was charged with wire fraud and money laundering, in addition to a conviction in a contempt case similar to Navarro’s. He’s currently awaiting sentencing.

Though he was later acquitted at trial, Trump’s former inaugural committee chair, Tom Barrack, was charged with illegally lobbying Trump on behalf of a foreign government. (Elliot Broidy was the vice chair of Trump’s inaugural committee, and he found himself at the center of multiple controversies, and also pled guilty to federal charges related to illegal lobbying.)

Two lawyers associated with Trump’s post-defeat efforts, Kenneth Chesebro and Sidney Powell, have pleaded guilty to election-related crimes.

And did I mention that former president’s business was itself found guilty of tax fraud? Because it was.

This does not include the fact that a jury held Trump liable for sexual abuse in a civil case.
Old Today, 10:53 AM   #1161
Thomkal
Head Coach

Yes, thank God for trump.
Old Today, 10:55 AM   #1162
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
you know, I took this list from elsewhere, but I'm beginning to think that Trump actually meant it when he said that under his administration, they'd drain the swamp. Just look at all the swamp creatures in jail because of his administration:

Make Attorneys Get Attorneys
Old Today, 11:22 AM   #1163
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I have seen a lot of collective hand-wringing about whether this verdict actually HELPS Trump, but what was the alternative? Let him get away with as many crimes as he wants, to appease his own voters?
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:31 AM   #1164
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
I have seen a lot of collective hand-wringing about whether this verdict actually HELPS Trump, but what was the alternative? Let him get away with as many crimes as he wants, to appease his own voters?

His donation site crashed, he took in something like 38 million, and 30% of it was first time donors.

We are truly fucked.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:32 AM   #1165
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

I agree it won't happen, but if 90% of elected GOPers decided they had to go with Youngkin they'd clean up in November. He's like Biden in that he has very few enemies in the party and he could wait to be called before expressing any interest. He'd win by 5 points or more even with Trump complaining.
Old Today, 11:47 AM   #1166
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I think that if, say, Trump has a heart attack and Youngkin/Haley/etc. runs instead, they win easy.

If the GOP pushes Trump out and he's around to tell his base not to show up, then Biden wins at Reagan over Mondale levels.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:00 PM   #1167
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
His donation site crashed, he took in something like 38 million, and 30% of it was first time donors.

...according to the serial fraudster just convicted of fraud.
Old Today, 12:13 PM   #1168
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Trump would never LIE about money (especially campaign money), other than his notorious history of, and having been convicted of just that.
Old Today, 12:21 PM   #1169
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Further, even if Donald Trump DID get $38MM dollars in donations yesterday that would still put him somewhere around $25-50MM behind Biden's cash on hand.

Now, as I've said before in this thread I'm not going to tell anybody that Biden is going to win, or that he is a quality candidate, but can anybody tell me why Donald Trump's donations suggest he is winning, while Biden has collected nearly double those donations?
Old Today, 12:35 PM   #1170
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
I think that if, say, Trump has a heart attack and Youngkin/Haley/etc. runs instead, they win easy.

If the GOP pushes Trump out and he's around to tell his base not to show up, then Biden wins at Reagan over Mondale levels.

I think that's what would happen because of the number of GOPers that would be screaming along with Trump, but if the party could unite and just move on I think they could win big. And they'd still get most of the same policy wins they'd get with Trump.

But the most important thing is Trump, so they'll ride or die with him.
Old Today, 12:43 PM   #1171
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Well, I think it's terrible, just TERRIBLE what they did to that man. They oughtta be ashamed! Don't they believe in God?
Old Today, 01:05 PM   #1172
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post

So if they run a pseudocon (D) in sheep's clothing?

What's the point?
Old Today, 01:07 PM   #1173
Flasch186
Coordinator

Trump Indictment/Trial thread-2023

On my Facebook wall a lady said that the only thing that can save us is leadership of a strong man.

I’m not sure she understands what she means or maybe she does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL

Last edited by Flasch186 : Today at 01:08 PM.
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:16 PM   #1174
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy

Exactly this. If 'winning' is letting him hold the justice system hostage, I don't want to win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox
GOP has actually been losing many elections for the past 2 years. Especially MAGA. I don't know where polls get their numbers...probably from thin air

Stunning as it may sound, they get them from actual people willing to answer their questions.

The whole 'polls aren't accurate' anymore thing has been way overplayed. They aren't as accurate as they once were. They can definitely be off to a small degree. They're still a heck of a lot more accurate than any armchair pundit or 'I've seen a lot of lawn signs' or similar 'which way is the wind blowing' guesstimating. It's like going from getting an A+ to getting an A, A- on your worst day. you're still really good at it, it's just not completely ironclad.
Brian Swartz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:05 PM   #1175
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

As a warning, do not google "Trump rule 34"