Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old Today, 02:36 PM   #751
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas_lov View Post
There's clips on Twitter of Joe's rally in NC today. He's much more passionate and clear. Why didn't that guy show up last night? Is it just the Teleprompter? It's just too late to change candidates now so have to hope that Joe has it in him to show up for the 2nd debate.

Just let Joe go on the attack and he'll be fine. If he's this guy over and ver between now and November nobody will remember the debate. He's not Obama or Gore or Clinton in terms of talking about policy. He's good as n honest guy that gets pissed about injustice. Just let him go and keep talking about how Trump is a one-man crime wave.

Last edited by JPhillips : Today at 02:36 PM.
JPhillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:04 PM   #752
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

As predicted...

No one tears down Democrats like Democrats...
CrimsonFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:05 PM   #753
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Interesting. Did you move principally for political reasons, or it just happened to coincide with an opportunity or a "fuck it, let's try something different" type of decision?

Job opportunity for my wife plus the desire to do something different post COVID and illness.

Honestly I love about 60%-70% of being in Europe but the language and cultural barrier just is what it is. Bear in mind I didn’t live in the US until I was in my mid 20s, for my wife who outside of a couple of years in the UK lived in SoCal her entire life and hasn’t been able to really make inroads into the language at all it’s been even worse.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:05 PM   #754
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
I actually talked about this recently in one of these threads. Both parties allow their respective National Committees to select new candidates with little variations. Democrats require the party chair to consult Democratic governors and congressional leadership first. The RNC can either select themselves or try to form an emergency nominating convention.

Of course there are legal questions. I do wonder if this would free up electors once the electoral college met, but by the party bylaws this what supposed to happen.

Cool.

And simply ftr, definitely don't take it personally that I miss anything anybody posts in this thread. I try to limit my exposure to it for my mental health. So I do only short bursts on occasion.
Old Today, 03:10 PM   #755
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
If I had a chance to move to England or Canada, I would jump in a heart beat. Australia or New Zealand as well. A non-English speaking country would give me pause, but I would probably do something like the Netherlands or Sweden.

My wifes sister and her family live in England. They have been there about 10-12 years and are never coming back because of the mess this country is.

We had an opportunity about 4 years ago to move there with my wifes company and actually live in the same town as her sister but we had just moved back to Jersey so we declined.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:14 PM   #756
Saul Goode
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
I don't support Trump and will not be voting for him. I would prefer he lose which is why I am upset people like you insisted on Joe Biden.

There you go again knowing what I think. Is it ok if I just appoint you as my conservator? You do know me better than me.
This woe is me bullshit has got to stop. I can't believe that trump went on national TV with lies, lies and more lies. He wouldn't even say he would accept the results of the election without a caveat. He lied so much I don't even need to review what he said. It's all just lies. Why would you vote for someone that can't tell the truth at all? Anyone remember Nixon? Americans are a sick, sad and pathetic bunch....just like trump. Perfect union.
Saul Goode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:28 PM   #757
thesloppy
Pro Starter

You seem stuck on the idea that anybody criticizing Biden is voting for Trump. Literally nobody in this thread has a vote that is up for grabs. Everybody is speaking in terms of persuadable votes/voters.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.

Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 03:29 PM.
thesloppy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:40 PM   #758
Saul Goode
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
You seem stuck on the idea that anybody criticizing Biden is voting for Trump. Literally nobody in this thread has a vote that is up for grabs. Everybody is speaking in terms of persuadable votes/voters.

If you're talking to me, you are wrong. That's the thing about assumptions.... Discussing politics in a generalized matter with how it pertains to the nearest election.
Saul Goode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:05 PM   #759
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Mia culpa. Sorry for making you put your generalized discussion into multiple replies to a single individual whom you addressed singularly.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:41 PM   #760
Edward64
Head Coach

Good response to last night, Joe.

Biden acknowledges weak debate performance asÂ*Democratic questionsÂ*swirl over whether he’ll stay in the presidential race | CNN Politics
Quote:
Biden acknowledged the weak performance while giving a much more animated speech in North Carolina on Friday, saying, “I know I’m not a young man. I don’t walk as easily as I used to. I don’t talk as smoothly as I used to. I don’t debate as well as I used to, but i know what I do know: I know how to tell the truth. I know right from wrong. And I know how to do this job, I know how to get things done. And I know what millions of Americans know: When you get knocked down, you get back up.”
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:42 PM   #761
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I love that people that never post on this site are coming out of the woodwork to reply to this thread
CrimsonFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:06 PM   #762
Danny
Head Coach

I despise Trump and what he has and will do woth another four years. But like many of you, its not likely to jsbe a large direct effect on me and my family and we are comfortable. We're middle class with own our home with a great interest rate and reasonable mortgage. We both have good careers (though im a stay at home dad for at least another year until my oldest is in Kindergarten). We live in location with nice weather and people mostly in the range of us politically (and those not are not as overt about it since they are still heavily in the minority here. My kids are part asian but are not those that would be targeted by increased hate and racism.
Danny is online now   Reply With Quote