Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-01-2024, 03:25 PM   #901
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Really going to argue that Hillary was a good politician?

At least one of Biden, Trump, and Hillary is better than historically bad.
Old 07-01-2024, 03:26 PM   #902
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

ohio sucks...and I oughtta know...
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2024, 03:28 PM   #903
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

and here Bernie is out in Wisconsin campaigning for Biden like bulldog. I love that guy. Oh what could have been. But people would be saying the same things.

Seriously 4 years ago...everything being discussed NOW was OBVIOUS 4 years ago. Were they seriously not worried? Were they thinking...oh we'll just put a new candidate in in 4 years. Well here we are. They didn't do that. And he didn't do that.
Old Yesterday, 04:59 AM   #904
Edward64
Head Coach

They're coming out of the woodworks now. CNN is reporting below but I refuse to listen to the video clip vs. just read ...

Video: Carl Bernstein says sources suggest concerns about Biden have been growing for a year | CNN Politics

Quote:
Bernstein says sources suggest concerns about Biden have been growing for a year

So went to the ever reliable DM. Assume it's reporting similar to the CNN video.

Watergate reporter Carl Bernstein claims Biden's staffers have witnessed up to 20 'marked incidence of cognitive decline and physical infirmity' in the ailing president in the last 18 months | Daily Mail Online
Quote:
Watergate reporter Carl Bernstein claims Biden's staffers have witnessed up to 20 'marked incidence of cognitive decline and physical infirmity' in the ailing president in the last 18 months
Quote:
  • Bernstein says multiple sources describe Biden's declining mental health
  • Said events like the ones at the debate Thursday have occurred '15 to 20' times
  • 'We're clearly dealing with two sets of one person,' Bernstein confessed
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:13 AM   #905
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Vanity Fair posted a picture of RFK Jr. posing with a barbecued dog carcass.
Old Yesterday, 10:27 AM   #906
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I said it after the debate. His performance is a national security risk.

Several US military bases in Europe on heightened alert amid possible terrorist threat | CNN Politics
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:29 AM   #907
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Silver has Biden’s chances down to 28%

Access to this page has been denied
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:46 PM   #908
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:58 PM   #909
GrantDawg

This is not good....
Old Yesterday, 01:58 PM   #910
Atocep
Coordinator

I think Bidens biggest weakness is that his sexual assault allegations were unfounded and he pushed back too hard against them instead of wearing it like a badge of honor.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:46 PM   #911
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
This is not good....

It'll take a semi-miracle for him to come back from his Stockdale moment. But then, that did happen in 2019 with South Carolina. So, there is hope.

I don't have regular TV, but if not already, he needs to be appearing at public events, take questions, maybe appear on Sun talk shows etc. to show that the Jun debate was an aberration. Do several of these successfully and then maybe many of supporters & undecided will be somewhat mollified.
Old Yesterday, 03:51 PM   #912
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
It'll take a semi-miracle for him to come back from his Stockdale moment. But then, that did happen in 2019 with South Carolina. So, there is hope.

I don't have regular TV, but if not already, he needs to be appearing at public events, take questions, maybe appear on Sun talk shows etc. to show that the Jun debate was an aberration. Do several of these successfully and then maybe many of supporters & undecided will be somewhat mollified.

Hes not capable of that though. It would almost certainly have the opposite effect.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:27 PM   #913
Jas_lov
College Starter

I saw on Twitter he's doing an interview with George Stephanopoulos on Friday but it's not live. And I guess he's taking questions from the press next week. He should have been out there today. If he can't do these things then withdraw.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:27 PM   #914
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Positive performances from here on out might make the debate performance questionable in some people's minds, but each appearance is also a risk that he stumbles and makes things even worse. Is that really a risk you want to take, over and over again with an 80 year old who has speaking problems by default?
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.

Last edited by thesloppy : Yesterday at 04:28 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:45 PM   #915
RainMaker
General Manager

If he was fine mentally, they would have had him do a long press conference and going out on all the Sunday talk shows. It would have immediately calmed people down and ended any talk of replacing him.

The fact they can't do that is a clear sign he is not mentally fit. And the scumbags in his administration who continue to lie to people about it are helping usher in Trump. You can thank them all when this is over.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:52 PM   #916
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

He has to perform "normally" every time out. No room for another "McConnell freeze" moment. It's just not going to happen.

And then there's the unfortunate fact that he can't appear ... 81 years old? There's a shot of him at the rally the day after the debate, when pretty much everyone says he was so much better, where Dr. Jill is speaking and he's standing there, staring off into space, mouth ajar. You know, like old people - even those who have their shit together - sometimes look. It's viral moments like that that are going to stick in peoples' minds and reinforce the idea that he's now Debate Biden 24/7.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : Yesterday at 06:53 PM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:46 PM   #917
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

This shit is really scary.

Quote:
Heritage Foundation president celebrates Supreme Court presidential immunity ruling: "We are in the process of the second American Revolution, which will remain bloodless if the left allows it to be"
Old Yesterday, 08:54 PM   #918
GrantDawg

Holy crap. There's no chance, but it would be crazy:
Old Yesterday, 08:57 PM   #919
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

We've had news items on multiple local channels, plus articles in local papers, nearly every day about Andy Beshear jumping into the race.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:04 PM   #920
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
We've had news items on multiple local channels, plus articles in local papers, nearly every day about Andy Beshear jumping into the race.
He'd be interesting for sure.
Old Yesterday, 09:45 PM   #921
RainMaker
General Manager

Trump is a really weak candidate thatl I bet a lot of people will throw their hat in. Seen people hyping up Shapiro and JB was on CNN earlier.
Old Yesterday, 10:16 PM   #922
larrymcg421
Head Coach

I still haven't heard a good response to how the Dems explain to African-American voters why they passed over Kamala for a white guy.

Trump's team is probably already working on statements responding to that possibility.

The Democrats might lose no matter who they pick, but if they lose black voters, they'll never win another election again.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:21 PM   #923
RainMaker
General Manager

No one gives a shit about Kamala.
Old Yesterday, 10:32 PM   #924
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

kamala was never the candidate 4 years ago what are you talking about?
Harris may have been going to be given the reins in 4 more years as that's how it works. (not that I like that that's how it works)
Old Yesterday, 10:33 PM   #925
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Should that be their response to Trump's attacks? I don't think that will work.

Also, people definitely care about Clyburn, as we saw in 2020, and he has said it has to be Biden or Harris.

PredictIt is moving in her direction...

Biden .46
Harris .36

Everyone else less than .10

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:37 PM   #926
RainMaker
General Manager

She ran in 2020 and no one cared. Her approval numbers are pretty bad.

With that said, she would still be an upgrade over Joe merely for the fact she can draw a clock on a piece of paper. I also think it would motivate some Democrats to have someone with more energy running. And reports have been that she has been against the genocide in Gaza which is why shes been so silent on the topic.

I think if you paired her with a popular governor like Shapiro, she'd win.

Last edited by RainMaker : Yesterday at 10:38 PM.
Old Today, 12:00 AM   #927
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
This shit is really scary.

The America I was lead to believe existed, is dead. We are fully on the path towards authoritarian subjugation.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:03 AM   #928
PilotMan
Head Coach

Biden needs to go. The whole thing still has time to be wiped and reset. Let it be an ugly brokered convention. Maybe then, there will be someone everyone can support. Biden is done.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:12 AM   #929
Izulde
Head Coach

I think it’s pretty much over at this point regardless. Damned if you do, damned if you don’t. Beshear I suspect is the best possible alternative - white male governor of a red state.

Harris doesn’t have the charisma and is tied to the administration. Newsome has the California problem - a shit ton of people blame Californians for ruining the housing market (yes, I know, corporations in actuality, but perceptions and all that).

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:09 AM   #930
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
There's a shot of him at the rally the day after the debate, when pretty much everyone says he was so much better, where Dr. Jill is speaking and he's standing there, staring off into space, mouth ajar.

Again? Damn.

If he can't fix that problem, that's a pretty bad sign IMO. Either no one has told him about it (which I can't believe) or ... he doesn't remember or have enough self awareness to keep his mouth closed.

My vote is Michele. I know she seems reluctant to get into politics, but I do believe the Dems would rally behind her.

Just a moment...

Quote:
When asked who they would vote for in the November presidential election, 40% of registered voters say Biden and 40% say Trump. This tie between candidates is consistent from late May 2024 when 41% said Biden and 39% said Trump.

When asked about hypothetical Democratic candidate matches against Trump, 50% of registered voters say they would vote for Michelle Obama, and just 39% say they would vote for Trump.

All other hypothetical Democratic candidates either perform similarly to or worse than Biden against Trump. Vice President Kamala Harris hypothetically wins 42% of registered voters to Trump’s 43%. California Governor Gavin Newsom hypothetically wins 39% of registered voters to Trump’s 42%. All other hypothetical Democratic candidates earn between 34% to 39% of potential votes among registered voters.

Last edited by Edward64 : Today at 06:02 AM.