Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-13-2024, 05:07 PM   #101
nilodor
College Benchwarmer

ok, thanks for this. I'll have to make some adjustments to my processing file then. I'll see if I can do it tomorrow. I ran it with the 26 team numbering, so I'll need to rerun it. I should also make a post on the qb's since Johnny U is a 5 in the files... If you strictly follow the percentages there are only 4 9 rated qb's in history. I think people could guess 2, then 1 they would be like ok, and the 4th would be a surprise.
nilodor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2024, 05:08 PM   #102
nilodor
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Eh, just grabbed my personal computer. Here's the numbers, let me know if you have any questions! Note that 22_4_14 is for 1961-1962 and 22_4_15 is for 1963-1965.

Sorry to be lazy can you tell me which years for which schedules for the others as well?
Old 06-13-2024, 05:35 PM   #103
Passacaglia
Coordinator

21_4_14 is 1960 (Dallas joins)
22_4_14 is 1961-1962 (Minnesota joins)
22_4_15 is 1963-1965 (Titans and Texans become Jets and Chiefs)
24_4_14 is 1966 (Atlanta and Miami join)
25_4_14 is 1967 (New Orleans joins)
26_4_14 is 1968-1969 (Cincinnati joins)

If it makes it easier for you, feel free to tell me what numbers you want each team to have instead.

And 4 9s sounds right, that's supposed to be "generational" talent, right? We're talking 64 years, so if there's 4, that means an average generation is 16 years? That sounds like the career length of a typical really good QB, so I think that makes sense.Seeing a post on it would be awesome.

Last edited by Passacaglia : 06-13-2024 at 08:03 PM.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2024, 11:48 AM   #104
nilodor
College Benchwarmer

Ok, I've emailed them to you. We'll see if the zip file makes it.
Old 06-14-2024, 12:41 PM   #105
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I got it -- so far so good! I started a game as the 1960 Eagles, and the teams seem like they have the right QBs on them! I'll email you my league_info, default_teams, and schedule files.

You rock, nilodor! If you ever need anyone else to corroborate that you don't smell, I'm your guy!
Old 06-14-2024, 12:56 PM   #106
Passacaglia
Coordinator

1969 looks good based on the QBs, too. I just realized that the QBs have their own file, and thus I haven't even looked at anyone who would be in the actual players files. But it's probably a pretty safe assumption that if you got it right for the QB file, then you got it right for the player file.
Old 06-14-2024, 01:09 PM   #107
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilodor View Post
Was actually just looking at it. The biggest one is getting the teams right. Did you use a consistent mask like you showed here for all the years between 60 and 69? The salaries will still be geared to a 1000, which I think is a 100 million cap. I find the granularity is better with the sim engine, but you can just run a multiplier if you want something different.

Whoops, the files I sent you are not geared to 1000. I'll fix those when I get a chance and send them again. I think setting it to 1000 makes sense since nothing is perfect here*, and users can set it to whatever they want.**

* -- This feels like a no-win situation where something is going to look off. When I set the salary cap and salaries to be really high, they look weird considering the time period. But if I set the cap and salaries low, they look stupid compared to the financials around ticket prices and stadiums.

** -- Note to any users who makes these changes: The text files suggest keeping the same proportion between minimum salaries and salary cap that's originally in the files, and I've found that when it's not proportional, it does make the game funky. So, make sure if you're adjusting the cap, make the same adjustment to all the minimum salaries.
Old 06-14-2024, 01:32 PM   #108
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Okay, I just sent you a revised league_info file that should be aligned to the salary cap you have. I also realized I forgot to send you the xxxx_info files, so I sent you those, too.
Old 06-14-2024, 02:05 PM   #109
nilodor
College Benchwarmer

Thanks, I'll send them along to Ben one of these days. Let me know how they go.
Old 06-14-2024, 07:20 PM   #110
beatle
H.S. Freshman Team

Once again, Thank You, for doing these files! Much appreciated!
beatle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2024, 01:54 PM   #111
KingZal
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilodor View Post
ok, thanks for this. I'll have to make some adjustments to my processing file then. I'll see if I can do it tomorrow. I ran it with the 26 team numbering, so I'll need to rerun it. I should also make a post on the qb's since Johnny U is a 5 in the files... If you strictly follow the percentages there are only 4 9 rated qb's in history. I think people could guess 2, then 1 they would be like ok, and the 4th would be a surprise.
I noticed that when I was looking through your QB files and I was pleasantly surprised. I know you used a statistical approach and didn't bring your personal biases into play, but I like that your files reward how talented he was even if he never won a Super Bowl.

For anyone who's curious, the player is:

Spoiler
KingZal is offline   Reply With Quote