Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-07-2024, 12:20 PM   #26951
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

I'm kind of underwhelmed by the Taco Bell Cheeze It Crunchwrap Supreme. I just feel the Cheeze It doesn't really offer anything to improve the product. I wouldn't say that it is any better or worse than a regular Crunchwrap Supreme.
Old 06-07-2024, 12:41 PM   #26952
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
My checkbook might not be ready quite yet, but I’m personally ready for a robot lawn mower. Twitter algorithm nailing that one.

One of our neighbors has one and it seems to do a decent job, even in the rain. However, the funniest thing about it is that all the neighborhood dogs absolutely HATE it.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2024, 01:01 PM   #26953
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
My checkbook might not be ready quite yet, but I’m personally ready for a robot lawn mower. Twitter algorithm nailing that one.

Maybe you could recoup some costs by loaning the thing out to your neighbors?
Old 06-07-2024, 01:21 PM   #26954
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
Maybe you could recoup some costs by loaning the thing out to your neighbors?

This comment is WAY funnier when I thought the topic was back on the catcher's cup.

MUCH weirder, but also funnier.
Old 06-07-2024, 01:55 PM   #26955
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
How much are they? Because I thought I saw some that actually weren't that expensive.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2024, 02:18 PM   #26956
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

I've been married 17 years and my wife still doesn't seem to know when I'm joking.
Ghost Econ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2024, 03:06 PM   #26957
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
I'm kind of underwhelmed by the Taco Bell Cheeze It Crunchwrap Supreme. I just feel the Cheeze It doesn't really offer anything to improve the product. I wouldn't say that it is any better or worse than a regular Crunchwrap Supreme.
Funny you mention that. My son and his friends spent a week in Toronto, and on their way back to school they drove a couple hours out of their way to go to Woodstock, NY where there was a pop-up Cheeze-It restaurant. Unfortunately even though they got there at 9pm and the diner was supposed to stay open till Midnight, they wouldn't let them get in line because it was already a 4 hour long wait. The place looked interesting, but I wouldn't have driven that far out of my way much less wait 4 hours for it.
In other food news, we stopped at a Buc-ees on the way home. Those brisket sandwiches are legit. Their praline cookies are addictive as well.
Old 06-07-2024, 03:11 PM   #26958
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Econ View Post
I've been married 17 years and my wife still doesn't seem to know when I'm joking.

That's hilarious.
Old 06-07-2024, 04:22 PM   #26959
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

We've known about Bucc-ees for a while because my parents were in TX, but they opened one just south of Richmond on I-75 (about 50 minutes away from us, 5-10 minutes from my daughter's college) and now another one is opening near Bowling Green on I-65. Some decent food, honestly.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2024, 04:29 PM   #26960
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
In other food news, we stopped at a Buc-ees on the way home. Those brisket sandwiches are legit. Their praline cookies are addictive as well.

You hadn't hit Buc-ees previously? Oh man, you gotta get out more
(There's Calhoun to the north of you, Fort Valley to the south of you)

Pro tip? Their most basic cold case turkey sandwich is shockingly good for what it is, a good option for those times when the brisket is running low & the lines are getting long. Pair it with their onion ring (chips), those are a cross between Funyons & the old Golden Flake ones.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 06-07-2024 at 04:30 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2024, 04:37 PM   #26961
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
They are opening the world's biggest Bucc-ees on Monday in Luling, Texas. It is replacing their very first super-center they built. That one was 35,000 square feet. The new one is 75,000 square feet with 120 gas pumps.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2024, 04:39 PM   #26962
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
You hadn't hit Buc-ees previously? Oh man, you gotta get out more
(There's Calhoun to the north of you, Fort Valley to the south of you)

Pro tip? Their most basic cold case turkey sandwich is shockingly good for what it is, a good option for those times when the brisket is running low & the lines are getting long. Pair it with their onion ring (chips), those are a cross between Funyons & the old Golden Flake ones.
Thanks for the tip. We don't travel much, and haven't been anywhere near where one was since they started popping up. I actually purposely took a route to go to the one Florence, South Carolina.
Old 06-07-2024, 06:53 PM   #26963
GrantDawg

I had a customer offer me a door today. He is a set designer, and the door was from a barn he built on a sound stage for a movie starring Will Farrell and Resse Witherspoon. He just finished a movie that had Eddie Murphy and Pete Davidson in it. I still wonder where these people are staying while they are filiming here.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
Old 06-07-2024, 07:20 PM   #26964
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
I had a customer offer me a door today. He is a set designer, and the door was from a barn he built on a sound stage for a movie starring Will Farrell and Resse Witherspoon. He just finished a movie that had Eddie Murphy and Pete Davidson in it. I still wonder where these people are staying while they are filiming here.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

Well, I know someone who worked on Beverly Hills Cop 4 in Detroit, who said Eddie never came on set, had his stunt double block all the shots, and then they would CGI his face over the top in post-production, so maybe nowhere?
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.

Last edited by thesloppy : 06-07-2024 at 07:20 PM.
thesloppy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2024, 11:08 PM   #26965
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

There is a 4???
CrimsonFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2024, 08:46 AM   #26966
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
There is a 4???
Coming out in July.
Old 06-08-2024, 09:18 AM   #26967
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

There was a 3?
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2024, 12:05 PM   #26968
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
There was a 3?
Yes, but quite forgettable obviously. That one was once to far into the well, and now 30 years later they are trying again.
Old 06-08-2024, 12:05 PM   #26969
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
There was a 3?

It was terrible
Old 06-08-2024, 12:07 PM   #26970
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Yes, but quite forgettable obviously. That one was once to far into the well, and now 30 years later they are trying again.

At least they aren't doing the typical modern chad thing and calling it "Beverly Hill Cop" like a reboot
Old Yesterday, 07:54 PM   #26971
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

For the 3rd time in my last 5 orders, UberEats gets to issue me a refund for missing/wrong items.

5 different restaurants involved.

And 1 of the 2 orders that managed to be right there was literally only one item in it, so unless they brought an empty bag that one seems a little hard for even the crackaddled frybrained folks around this shithole town to fuck up.
Old Yesterday, 10:34 PM   #26972
cuervo72
Head Coach

So, is that three restaurants fucking up or a couple of drivers figuring they can apply a tariff to your order, so to speak?

Last edited by cuervo72 : Yesterday at 10:35 PM. Reason: one...two...five! no, three sir.
cuervo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:26 AM   #26973
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I agree the uiber drivers are taking a taco tax
Old Today, 01:51 AM   #26974
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
So, is that three restaurants fucking up or a couple of drivers figuring they can apply a tariff to your order, so to speak?

5 diff restaurants, 5 diff drivers.

And hmm, one of the cases could have been that very easily ... though it feels more like the halfwit picked up one bag when there was most likely two (cold poke bowl & hot crab rangoons, from a place who tends to pack stuff like that)
Old Today, 01:52 AM   #26975
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I recommend getting off your lazy bum and get it yourself. Or even better cook food yourself.

Last edited by CrimsonFox : Today at 01:53 AM.
Old Today, 02:05 AM   #26976
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
I recommend getting off your lazy bum and get it yourself. Or even better cook food yourself.

Contributing to inflation!
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:27 AM   #26977
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

The latter ain't happening. I cooked more for my wife during her illness than I cooked in the other 50+ years of my life combined. I associate cooking -- as well as any extensive grocery shopping -- with cancer & misery and I have no interest in revisiting that. I've never enjoyed it, I hate any cleanup associated with the kitchen beyond measure. I'd have to be the dumbest sumbitch on the planet to voluntarily engage in an activity that literally has zero positive association.

The other? I leave the house voluntarily when my cigarette supply runs low, and typically pick up a minimum of two meals worth when I'm out, three if I can manage it. And I often only eat once a day when I'm the only one home (like now) Those five orders I mentioned occurred over a span of 15 days, and 4 of the 5 were intended to cover multiple meals if not days.

And ultimately I spent my whole life working to be in a position of minimizing my own misery as best I can. Anybody that doesn't care for how I do that legally can kiss my ass, , go fuck themselves, and generally take a very long walk off a very short pier preferably with a large heavy object firmly attached to their neck and ankles.
Old Today, 02:28 AM   #26978
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post

Contributing to inflation!

LMFAO, you say that like you think I give the slightest shit about my miniscule contribution to that.

Otherwise, see reply above. Apply as needed.
Old Today, 05:10 AM   #26979
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Anybody that doesn't care for how I do that legally can kiss my ass, , go fuck themselves, and generally take a very long walk off a very short pier preferably with a large heavy object firmly attached to their neck and ankles.

you know that if it WERE illegal we'd all STILL do it! we're scofflaws