Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old Today, 02:31 AM   #27001
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
This Joey Chestnut is banned thing is just a Work, right?

I'd think not.

I mean, why would you want some guy winning who literally works for a would-be competitor?

I thought they went over the top quite a ways in their press release honestly, since you know they pretty much have to be hoping he chokes to death asap.
Old Today, 06:32 AM   #27002
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar v2 View Post
good morning GrantDawg

How did you find my picture?
GrantDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:03 AM   #27003
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

The Joey Chestnut news is probably the least important "breaking news" item I've ever received as a push notification. And that includes anything royalty-related. I can't think of a piece of news that matters much less. I actually laughed when I saw it pop up on my phone yesterday.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:17 AM   #27004
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
The Joey Chestnut news is probably the least important "breaking news" item I've ever received as a push notification. And that includes anything royalty-related. I can't think of a piece of news that matters much less. I actually laughed when I saw it pop up on my phone yesterday.
I thouht, "Why was Kenny Chesney banned from an eating contest? Oh, Joey Chestnut. Who is Joey Chesnut again?"
Old Today, 08:09 AM   #27005
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:

What I like is that there are boring days under the Biden adminstration, I miss boring days, I cherish them now.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:37 AM   #27006
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot View Post
What I like is that there are boring days under the Biden adminstration, I miss boring days, I cherish them now.

Very true.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old Today, 08:42 AM   #27007
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:

What?!? This is like Michael Jordan being banned from the NBA Finals. Wayne Gretzky being banned from the Stanley Cup finals. Patrick Mahomes or Tom Brady being banned right before the Super Bowl. But more so!

On the one hand, the rule - that he can't participate in the marquee Major League Eating event because he's repping a different brand - is ridiculous. On the other hand, he knew the rule and quite brazenly broke it!

If Joey Chestnut bigger than Major League Eating? Or can the League survive without their biggest star?

This. Is. Huge.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:33 PM   #27008
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
What?!? This is like Michael Jordan being banned from the NBA Finals. Wayne Gretzky being banned from the Stanley Cup finals. Patrick Mahomes or Tom Brady being banned right before the Super Bowl. But more so!

On the one hand, the rule - that he can't participate in the marquee Major League Eating event because he's repping a different brand - is ridiculous. On the other hand, he knew the rule and quite brazenly broke it!

If Joey Chestnut bigger than Major League Eating? Or can the League survive without their biggest star?

This. Is. Huge.

You got it. This has basically turned Nathan's 4th of July hot dog eating contest into a non-event.

#BoycottMajorLeagueEating

Last edited by NobodyHere : Today at 12:34 PM.
NobodyHere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:56 PM   #27009
Ksyrup

To paraphrase one of the immortal FOFC quotes, this is going to revolutionize the way I don't watch The July 4th Hot Dog Eating Contest and MLE in general.
Old Today, 01:01 PM   #27010
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I was at an oyster fest once, and they happened to have a MLE (or whatever it was called back then--it was a while ago) oyster eating event there. They were all professionals, but you could put your name in the hat and try and get one of the two amateur spots. And I really really wanted that. Not because I wanted to try and keep up. But because it would have been awesome to have all I could eat oysters for 8 minutes. I'd smuggle up my own bottle of Tabasco--and they'd say I was disqualified, and I wouldn't care and keep eating.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:16 PM   #27011
miami_fan
Coordinator

Plant based hot dogs? Are the disgusting parts of plants that we can speculate are in plant based hot dogs in the way we could with a regular hot dog? Is there such a thing as a dirty water plant based hot dog?

Nothing against plant based foods but one of the joys of eating a hot dog was always the fleeting idea that it might just have something in it that you did not want to know about.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:34 PM   #27012
Ksyrup

Yeah, come to think of it, what are the plant-based equivalents to chicken lips and assholes?
Old Today, 01:53 PM   #27013
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
the floor sweepings from after making Impossible Burgers
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:58 PM   #27014
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Stems and seeds.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:17 PM   #27015
RainMaker
General Manager

I guess I'm wondering why Nathan's wasn't paying him. Since I'm not in New York, I only know of Nathan's through the hot dog eating contest.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:40 PM   #27016
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Since I'm not in New York, I only know of Nathan's through the hot dog eating contest.

Huh? I buy Nathan's in Georgia in pretty much any grocery store.
Old Today, 02:45 PM   #27017
Ksyrup

Yeah Nathan's are in all the grocery stores here in KY.
Old Today, 03:04 PM   #27018
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Huh? I buy Nathan's in Georgia in pretty much any grocery store.

I just mean I've never heard the brand uttered outside the event. It's probably available here but Oscar-Meyer and a few others have the market cornered at the store it seems.

Guess what I'm saying is that hot dog eating contest might be how a lot of people know about the brand.
Old Today, 03:10 PM   #27019
GrantDawg

Nathan's are good hotdogs. Too pricey, but good.
Old Today, 04:19 PM   #27020
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Nathan's are good hotdogs. Too pricey, but good.

Definitely. But the occasional BOGO at Publix helps a few times a year.
Old Today, 04:24 PM   #27021
RainMaker
General Manager

Good timing from Netflix.

Old Today, 04:29 PM   #27022
Edward64
Head Coach

I’ve seen them in Asia also
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote