View Single Post
Old 08-31-2021, 09:56 AM   #8
QuikSand
lolzcat

Here's the general lay of the land right now in Madden Ultimate Team (MUT):

-you start off with a barren roster, and by playing challenges they help you gradually fill it up with "decent" players .. instead of bottom-level players with overall ratings in the 60s, you start gaining guys with overall ratings in the 70s. There are multiple component ratings that add up to the overall, and some players are better/worse than their apparently overall due to that (e.g. a 79-rated WR who's unusually slow likely isn't worth as much as a 76-rated WR who happens to be unusually fast... "running away from another guy" is just an important skill in a game like this).

So... your first roster-building phase is upgrading from absolute trash (63-rated guy) to decent players rated 70+.

As you play challenges and other stuff, you accumulate coins and have enough equity to start pursuing things through the auction house, if you are willing. This is where the action is, for me. It's nominally a wide open marketplace with player cards (and other stuff, to get into later) are available for "auction."

Most of these auctions, to think in eBay terms, are basically just "Buy It Now" sales. Guy is listed for a stretch of time (1hr up to 1day) with a minimum price of, say, 7,800 gold... and the buy-it-now price is 7,900. So basically it's just a sale. A modest share of players are available in true auctions... either with vow minimum prices, no maximum prices, or both.

So... working the auction house is, in part, an exercise in recognizing value. I think I will re-post some items from my prior thread to save time, but this is where some legit angles come into play. And this is the part of the game that I genuinely enjoy.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote