View Single Post
Old 06-23-2003, 08:39 PM   #36
Bishop
Mascot

Quote:
Originally posted by pjstp20
This argument is poor and in all honesty it makes me want to puke. If I was jealous of Lebron James what exactly would I be jealous of? His money? His fame? His athletic abilities? I'm guessing thats what it would be.

If that's the case why would I say good things about Kobe Bryant, as I did earlier in this thread? Does he not have all the characteristics that would make me jealous of LeBron James? It's not the jealousy factor that makes me not like this guy, so let's move on from that.

The reason, I think, that people like me don't like him is he's a bigger, stronger, faster, more popular version of everything we hate about sports athletes, and he's the next generation. So this is what we have to look forward to. Meanwhile guys like Tim Duncan are being dropped by Nike after winning an NBA title and an MVP award. Style is winning over substance.

Kobe didn't get half the media coverage Lebron has, You dislike him because of what ?

Because he said he's half loyal to Nike and half Loyal to the Cavs... Yeah it'd of been real smart if he pissed off Nike before he even played his first game. The Cavs don't have to draft him if thats a problem with them, i'm sure someone else will.

Because you think he's over-hyped ? How many of those columns have you read? How many interviews or shows have you watched ? and how many of those interviews/columns were written or produced by Lebron James?

And who made you look at them in the first place?

Half the people who dislike him know nothing about him, so what other reason do you have other then being jealous that he has all of this going for him straight out of HS and you didn't/don't.

I don't think we saw anyone saying I hope Kobe blows out his knee or I hope Kobe dies on the court when he came to charlotte his first year (I know he was traded before he played there) so that comparison is not even close.

Last edited by Bishop : 06-23-2003 at 09:02 PM.
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote