View Single Post
Old 06-23-2023, 03:18 PM   #188
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
I guess my question is how would your experience be different if Sony launched a console that ran on the same ecosystem as everything else but was limited to just having Sony’s store on it? I’m not saying consoles don’t serve a point, my kids play on them in my house. I’m just saying that them being proprietary systems is just creating more work for the developers and limiting their potential sales figures in the case of “exclusives.”

I already don't care for crossplatforming (with regard to play), I already don't care for the existing integration of XBox stuff and Windows stuff ... I can't imagine a whole lot I'd want less than an identical experience.

I prefer things to work to & enhance their strengths instead of attempting to be a unitool.

There are things that fare better on p.c., there are things that fare better on console ... this isn't a reality that I'm particularly bothered by.