View Single Post
Old 08-18-2014, 01:29 PM   #484
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac View Post
Does this conversation immediately after the shooting change anything? A supposed witness says he and the cop were fighting, Brown ran away, then started running at the cop when he was shot.

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/08/1686...uson-shooting/

Also, I believe the coroner who did the family's report said that just because there wasn't any residue on the body doesn't mean there isn't any on his clothes, as they did not get to examine the clothes. If he's leaning in and is shot through his shirt at close range, I'm sure there's a chance no powder gets on him.

Also, is 6 shots really excessive? Unless I'm missing something, cops don't normally shoot to scare or slow you down, they shoot to kill you. If the person hasn't given up yet, it stands to reason that you shoot until you don't have to any more.

The whole assertion that somehow six shots is excessive is ridiculous in itself. If you're a cop and you have a kid who has already attacked you take another run at you, you're not going to take time after each shot to see if he stopped. You're going to keep shooting until you see him go down, which given that he was under the influence and also likely full of adrenaline, he's not going to go down quick if you're hitting him in the arms.

If you don't want to have bad things happen to you, don't do bad things. If he never robbed the store and didn't get high on an illegal drug, he would have been in a totally different frame of mind and this never would have happened. It really is that simple.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote