View Single Post
Old 05-30-2021, 02:35 PM   #279
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I guess I oughta throw in a summer update myself.

Right now, since the courts in Miami-Dade are still operating virtually, the kid is likely to be home through the summer. That could change however as unofficial thinking is that those courts may reopen sometime near the end of summer so there's a bit of play it by ear going on right now.

After one week his internship has met/exceeded all expectations. He's working for an ADA that is the top guy in their B Felony division so he gets to work relatively interesting stuff with some quantity. His boss -- who went through the same program himself -- has been great about making sure he got sent to observe the most engaging courtroom each day. Better still, every single day he's told us something he learned and with no small amount of enthusiasm.

Will was a hit with a judge who (when he realized he had 4 interns in the room) threw out a question about a particularly obscure point of state law and my favorite intern was the only one who knew the answer, in fair detail even. That story made it back to his boss (from multiple sources) before lunch was over, which scored points.

So far, just a great start to the summer.