View Single Post
Old 07-09-2023, 08:15 AM   #246
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Whoever is running his campaign is a complete disaster. I still look back at his big campaign launch which he decided to do on Twitter in audio format for like 80k people.

It has been widely reported that Casey DeSantis is the show runner for his campaign. I still wonder if this is a situation where she is a easy target to blame because the campaign is flailing and of course it would be the wife's fault. However, whenever I have hear her speak on Ron's behalf, it is clear that many of the talking points are more important to her. Maybe they are her talking points as opposed to his which would make it more understandable that she can express them more passionately. Maybe that is the charisma that people are talking about and she has that while Ron does not. Either way, she feels more authentic and intentional about the points.

It reminds of a spouse having their partner call a business to complain about a shoddy product or service the second partner has no idea had occurred. Then the first partner ends up standing next to the partner on the phone aggressively gesturing and angrily whispering the things that should and should not be said to said business but refuses to take the phone to voice those complaints themselves.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote