View Single Post
Old 02-05-2024, 01:53 AM   #276
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthian23 View Post
A quick question: I've noticed this in past versions before but it's true here also. A player goes through FA demanding X amount of money (say, 11 million.) It lowers slightly throughout with no offers and then jumps on the final day of free agency. If no one offers them a deal between either of the FA periods, they end up on someone's roster for the league minimum for a year (like 1.2 million or whatever), but the player team, as far as I can see, never gets a chance at these bargains. There's no period as far as I can tell where the player can make an offer between late FA and these players being signed, yet they get signed. What's the deal with this? When is the CPU signing them and why are they agreeing to drastically reduced offers without giving the player team a shot?

Additionally, I've been a bit frustrated by free agency in general in this version. I feel like the player often doesn't have a real opportunity to be in negotiations with a player. A lot of times I will make a FA offer equal or even greater than the player's desired offer, be the only offer on the table for several days, and then another team swoops in and they instantly sign with them for the same or less. It makes sense that some players would accept less money for various reasons, but my main issue is I never even get a shot to counter if someone beats my offer or makes a more attractive offer. I feel like in reality agents play teams off each other to try to get the best deal, but here a lot of times it's almost like blind bidding.

I am really enjoying the game for the most part, but can anyone let me know if there's anything I'm missing here?

Agree on the second part to an extent, but it’s quite easy to get most of the FAs you want, so anything that helps the AI a little isn’t such a bad thing
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote