View Single Post
Old 04-20-2024, 05:30 AM   #27
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
It will be interesting the wealth shift in the next, say 7-10 years when the Boomer Gen starts cycling out. I suspect, a lot of Millennials will come into some hefty inheritances or real estate. Just not as fast as they would prefer it. I have no basis for this other than observation, but you can’t take it with you.

There'll be trillions transitioning to a younger generation as the boomers pass away.

The Average Baby Boomer Has a $1.2 Million Net Worth — See How You Stack Up
Quote:
According to financial market intelligence firm Cerulli Associates, an incredible $84.4 trillion in assets will pass between generations by 2045, greatly affecting the millennial generation and beyond.

But I suspect like much of everything else, that wealth is concentrated in the 20 vs 80 group. Median is more relevant than average in this case.

Quote:
According to a MagnifyMoney analysis of Federal Reserve data, the average baby boomer now has a median net worth of $206,700. However, the average net worth of baby boomers is considerably higher, at a whopping $1.2 million. These figures can vary so significantly because a small number of super-wealthy boomers likely pull up the average.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote