View Single Post
Old 06-30-2004, 10:58 PM   #186
kcchief19
Pro Starter

I'm mostly posting to show my support for Senator bringing the hot teacher to the attention of all of us, but in a moment of "seriousness" ...

She's technically not a child "molester." She engaged in lewd and lascivious behavior, but isn't there a legal distinction between lewd and lascivious behavior and molestation?

I do agree on the existence of a double standard. If the roles were reversed, we would assume that the 23-year-old male teacher forced himself or took advantage of the 14-year-old girl, but in this case we assume the guy was an eager and willing participant. Why? Because it's a "known" that young girls aren't looking for sex and that young guys are.

No doubt what she did was wrong because there is a law against it. But I can see how this happens. Lots of guys have crushes on cute young teachers and let's face it, women know when guys have a crush on them. I'll bet this kid had a crush on the teacher and she knew it. That definitely made her feel differently. I had a teacher in high school that a bunch of guys had a crush on and we would flirt with her constantly. There were rumors and accusations that it went beyond fliriting in one case, and it may have for all I know. But regardless of age, when you have a guy who has a crush on a woman, there is a tension there that can get the best of you, especially if you are not prepared for it as a teacher.

There's a reason why teachers/students, bosses/employees presidents/interns hook up. When feelings develop, the circumstances of the working relationship create opportunities for things to happen.

She'll get punished and she'll deserve it because she broke the law, but I don't think she betrayed the kid's trust -- I think the fulfilled the fantasy of 95 percent of all guys.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote