View Single Post
Old 01-24-2005, 02:32 AM   #3
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragone
which leads me to ask, what human being makes something like this?

Couldn't hear the mp3 and don't even know what song you're talking about but I know the answer to the question.

A human being who caters to their audience.

This is what people want. It's who people are. People love to spout platitudes but bottom line is, the vast majority of people are assholes and eat this kind of "entertainment up." These are the kind of people who'd be first in line at a public execution. Just good clean fun.

Sure, lots of them would be wearing hoods because they're "good, decent folks" and they wouldn't dare be seen otherwise but do the math. Most media people get fired based on a miniscule number of complaints when compared to the number of listeners who are pleased with the product.

The end result is that when the station acts on these complaints it perpetuates the illusion that people ( their listeners )are better than they really are and so is the station because as we all know, 'management is deeply offended etc etc' but they keep hiring these kinds of "performers" because they bring in money and are basically a dime a dozen. They feed our need sadly enough.

That's reality.

Want to know what kind of people would make something like this? Look around your neighborhood in the morning. I'd be willing to bet you'd find more than you need.

Scarier question, who listens to this crap? Again, look around your neighborhood and multiply that answer by the thousands at the very least.

Basically, as a species we think we're evolved because we have made so many advances but really we're just primative pseudobeasts with cell phones.