View Single Post
Old 08-25-2004, 08:29 PM   #93
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I have three games to cover. I must also sadly say that this season is over.

I also forgot to mention that I knocked the Hard Core catcher on his back when he tried to block the plate. I love that stuff.

Monday's game was a win, 12-8. I sat out with pink eye unfortunately.

This made us one of the two undefeated teams in the tournament.

Today we played twice. The first game was against the Red Ropers, and we lost 12-2. I played short, handling five chances flawlessly (two putouts, three assists). I also walked all three times I batted, taking all 9 pitches for walks (take into account we start with a 1-1 count). Unfortunately, I was unable to score at all.

In the first inning, I and Matt Thomas walked. The next batter hit the ball to right, and our 3rd base coach never told me to run. Believe it or not, it happens again with the next batter. Mind you, I could have scored at that point. The next batter hits the ball to right center, and I'm waved in. I'm DEAD MEAT. It wasn't even close. I pull up short and try to create confusion in a run down, but I was done.

In the 2nd game (double elimination), we lost 15-5. I started at short, but didn't have a chance. By the end of the 2nd, it was 4-0, and Will came to me asking about moving people around (it was looking to be the last game of the season, after all). I told him I was fine with it, and he moved Smith to short, and Will sat with me on the bench with the other moves. We got 1 run on an Eddie homer, and Will started 2nd guessing himself. I told him we should stand by our decisions and we did.

What a friggin mistake that was. Smith gets ate up at short twice, and Eddie misses a couple of plays out in left field. After the inning, three of our players came in wondering why we made the moves we did.

Two innings later, it was over.

Batting wise, I had a base hit to right to start off the game, working the count full before finally swinging today.

Top of the 4th I get a base hit to left, again working the count full. The next batter popped out, and Will singled to left center, I dug for third. The throw was close, but I was under it. Unfortunately, I turned my bad ankle. It's swollen right now. I should be fine.

So, we finish in third place for the season out of 28 teams.

Last edited by Poli : 08-26-2004 at 05:19 AM.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote