View Single Post
Old 08-19-2004, 07:40 AM   #90
Poli
FOFC Survivor

We're in the playoffs. I've played two games in the past two days. The first game we lost to NRD Chicago. However, the other team had someone play that wasn't on their roster. Therefore, we won by forfeit. I batted leadoff, and went 3-4. I scored twice, and had 1 RBI. On the field, I handled three of four chances flawlessly. The fourth chance was a hard chopper that smacked me in the chest.

Yesterday, we played the top ranked team from the Tuesday/Thursday league, HardCore. For the season, they went 12-1. We won, 17-12. I batted leadoff again, going 1-2, with three walks. I scored twice.

Twisted Steel plays again on Monday. Our playoff system is double elimination.

In other news, Twisted Steel, the Fall Edition, looks to be a very good team. We're picking up four players from the Red Ropers team (apparently they won't field a team for the fall). I'll be moving to 2nd base, but subbing at 3rd and short when the Red Ropers are over pushing the recruits through boot camp.

This could also get me into their (the Red Ropers, that is) team out in town.

Also, flag football starts at the end of the month. I'll be playing with the US Army team, MEPCOM.