View Single Post
Old 08-04-2004, 08:09 PM   #89
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I just realized I forgot to post last week's game.

It was a forfeit of sorts. We went ahead and played them after we gave them two players.

I went 1 for 2 (single) with a walk, and I reached on an error as well. I scored all twice.

Today's game was against the TSC Storm. We played with 9. Yes, 9. It was horrible. One of the guys out there shouldn't have been playing because he has shin splints. Will was on leave, Rob didn't play because he was injured, Senior and Philips were on duty, and Eddie just didn't show.

Sucky, sucky. So, I'm the coach now, and I set our lineup. I decide to let Smitty put up or shut up and bat him leadoff and play him at SS. I take the outfield to try and minimize damage.

I do my best, I threw two players out at 2nd base. I did drop a ball in the sun, however.

It didn't matter. We lost 10-0. We didn't get a runner past 2nd base, though we could have. We made a few base running mistakes, again.

I myself batted last. I wanted the other guys to hit instead of me...let them get some swings.

We had 5 hits.

I had one of them. I fouled out the first time up, which was the 3rd inning. I led off an inning with a hit, but was stranded at first when the next three batters flied out.

Pathetic.

The loss makes us 9-4. I leave it up to my official statistician to figure up my numbers. Thanks, Shorty.